#141 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 15 July 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

So you don't want immersion?

Going "Well, shoot. Now I have to go and play a bunch of Quickplay because I am literally unable to afford to drop into a Commodity Warfare match with fully armed/armored 'Mechs" is not immersion.

I don't even know what Mystere wants with the constant "A REAL CAMPAIGN/MOAR DEPTH" campaign thing he's got going on, but I doubt that would be immersion, either. Frankly, I don't think Mystere will be satisfied until the actual, physical, in-the-flesh Hanse Davion materializes in the past and scoops us all up to teleport us into the future to go kick Romano's ***, but that's another conversation.

Let's face facts here, folks - you're not going to get a 1 for 1, dot-for-dot perfect translation of the TT campaign game you and your friends played out over the course of three IRL years back in the day in MWO. It will pretty much always be a match-based system, because match-based systems are the only systems that make sense for a large online game. Given this, any iteration of FP which is successful (clearly not this current iteration, but not Mystere's iteration, either) is going to be match-based because it has to be.

So keep that in mind when trying to rework everything that exists into online Game of Thrones 3054 Edition, eh?

#142 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

View Post1453 R, on 15 July 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Going "Well, shoot. Now I have to go and play a bunch of Quickplay because I am literally unable to afford to drop into a Commodity Warfare match with fully armed/armored 'Mechs" is not immersion.

I don't even know what Mystere wants with the constant "A REAL CAMPAIGN/MOAR DEPTH" campaign thing he's got going on, but I doubt that would be immersion, either. Frankly, I don't think Mystere will be satisfied until the actual, physical, in-the-flesh Hanse Davion materializes in the past and scoops us all up to teleport us into the future to go kick Romano's ***, but that's another conversation.

Let's face facts here, folks - you're not going to get a 1 for 1, dot-for-dot perfect translation of the TT campaign game you and your friends played out over the course of three IRL years back in the day in MWO. It will pretty much always be a match-based system, because match-based systems are the only systems that make sense for a large online game. Given this, any iteration of FP which is successful (clearly not this current iteration, but not Mystere's iteration, either) is going to be match-based because it has to be.

So keep that in mind when trying to rework everything that exists into online Game of Thrones 3054 Edition, eh?

Yes, let's have "matches" in a quasi-war simulation that was originally sold to the founders. Brilliant! Posted Image

View PostMystere, on 15 July 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Then Just scrap CW altogether, build Solaris, and be done with all of this ridiculousness, because CW is not the correct environment for such a thing.

Then the question now becomes, does PGI have the guts to openly say and do so.

Edited by Mystere, 15 July 2016 - 05:38 PM.

#143 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostMystere, on 15 July 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

As I keep saying: lack of depth.

In the meantime, enjoy the new supply caches! It's a richly immersive system for CW. Posted Image

I'd love depth. However if nobody is playing then we don't even have bad depth but some sorta FW.

#144 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Topic being moved to Jettisoned Communications as its OP and allot of the Post are Sour,
for Everyone willing to Constructively Contribute to Change in Faction Play and to LongToms,
Please Post your Thoughts and Ideas in the Faction Play Sub forums, Thank You

#145 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 July 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

I'd love depth. However if nobody is playing then we don't even have bad depth but some sorta FW.

That's because PGI is not telling anybody their overall vision and plans. They just keep "doing stuff".

I do not know of any multi-million dollar software development project that just worked great via that methodology.

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 15 July 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

[Mod]Topic being moved to Jettisoned Communications as its OP and allot of the Post are Sour,
for Everyone willing to Constructively Contribute to Change in Faction Play and to LongToms,
Please Post your Thoughts and Ideas in the Faction Play Sub forums, Thank You[/mod]

Posted Image

#146 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

Something about actively managing my money. Repairs. Repair times. Drop wait times. Salvage. Alliances. Seems very alluring to me. I thought it was what i was. Buying into. Not counterstrike with robots. One is simulation. One is arcade. It seems they are trying but floundering.

#147 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

[Mod]Topic being moved to Jettisoned Communications as its OP and allot of the Post are Sour,
Please Post your Thoughts and Ideas in the Faction Play Sub forums, Thank You[/mod]

Really? Why not just put it in FP? A lot of people posted here, some points rehashed in a public manner. There's been a dozen threads on the topic in FP forum that didn't get moved here?

#148 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

Seriously....this is your answer to 8 pages (not to mention all the other threads) of people voicing their concern about a mechanic they view as broken and damaging to this game? You tell them that they are being "sour". If I wasn't sour before, I sure would be now. What possible benefit could you guys have gotten by making this move. Granted, it's not like you deleted the whole thread but you basically told everyone who posted here (or at least the "sour" ones) that they weren't being constructive anymore and that their opinions aren't valid and do not deserve to be considered a legitimate post anymore. What possible benefit could you have gained? It cost you absolute NOTHING to let people come here, voice their concerns and at least give the appearance of giving them some consideration. This is just flat out telling these people that they do not matter. I know some here that are extra "sour" will say something akin to "well duh" but come on guys. Stop and think about the repercussions of your actions from time to time, it can save you from doing things that are just flat out damaging to the reputation of PGI.

Edited by Pat Kell, 15 July 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#149 Kara Ben Nemsi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:55 AM

Ignorance is Strenght

- Ministry of Truth

#150 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 July 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

Really? Why not just put it in FP? A lot of people posted here, some points rehashed in a public manner. There's been a dozen threads on the topic in FP forum that didn't get moved here?

Because, hide the dissent

View PostPat Kell, on 15 July 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

Stop and think about the repercussions of your actions from time to time, it can save you from doing things that are just flat out damaging to the reputation of PGI.

It wont damage anything. This has always been the response to dissent. Its pretty much the whole reason that jetcom and kaekaetoa exist.

#151 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:37 AM

And remember, in this history of the world, no rule has ever been changed.

So you might as well keep following, not questioning, them like the placid cow you are.

#152 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

I thought Mods weren't supposed to moderate threads that they participated in as a player to avoid Conflict of Interest issues.

I try not to give you guys a hard time because it's a thankless thing you guys do. However, it comes off as kind of shady when you disagree with my OP and then a few days later shut down the conversation.

Edited by Jman5, 16 July 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#153 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

View PostJman5, on 16 July 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

I thought Mods weren't supposed to moderate threads that they participated in as a player to avoid Conflict of Interest issues.

I try not to give you guys a hard time because it's a thankless thing you guys do. However, it comes off as kind of shady when you disagree with my OP and then a few days later shut down the conversation.

Remember when Ego did exactly this to GET the save mwo threads shut down?

Seriously though, youre expecting some form of professionalism NOW?!

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 16 July 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#154 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:42 AM

Sadly we are now short two mods now and missing a thread.

#155 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

This was the beginning of the end of Andi's mod tenure.

Oh well, the thread is dead anyways.

#156 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 July 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

Let us Maths!

33/120=.275
Under 33 damage at 72.5% of the radius
145M Kill Zone

A nice change from 280, but still over 70% of the blast radius will potentially kill you if you're staring at it.
At least it won't blow your Goose Waffles out from the back, if it doesn't outright kill you, because they no longer Crit.

why do dropzones even be long tom areas? tahts already a huge design flaw.

#157 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 13 July 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

If it's going to fire that frequently, it should just be basically a regular artillery strike - something that'll do damage, but not utterly ruin mechs. Even if it doesn't kill them, the LT effectively kills - it does so much damage that mech is wrecked.

though really, it should be flat out removed and replaced by 100% UAV coverage all the time. That'd be a significant advantage, but one that had to be exploited by the team possessing it - it couldn't win games on it's own.

I agree , I want it to be a wide area, say 300 meter epicenter, 600 meters max spread. Firing Long Tom volleys and salvos at the target destination in multiple shots doing 30 damage, of course with like 20 damage splash and very far around 10.
Firing in a Zeroing fashion.

1 shot lands, then a few seconds later another shot, a few more seconds later, another shot, rinse and repeat 2 or 3 times and then say 10+ shots heavily saturate the area with artillery. If you are an ignorant person staying through the whole thing you may die, if you are reasonable and move out of the way.
In exchange maybe remove the red smoke effect and start the arrangement ASAP. The warning should be the artillery in the ~300 meter radius away from you going of everywhere slowly.
To those that play WT it's a similar concept here.

Due to the fashion of artillery it should be able to damage a lot of people but not instantly kill anyone, yet also allow people to move out of the way relatively safe compaired to the nuke we got atm.

#158 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 July 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

why do dropzones even be long tom areas? tahts already a huge design flaw.

What are you talking about? This is a feature!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users