178 replies to this topic

#41 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 26 July 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

It would be in their best interest to be up front with the chances to win each item in the ones you get, as this is producing a lot of salt in the player base.

No it isn't. Maybe an inconsequentially small portion of the base but that's about it. At any given time there are thousands of players online, and a fraction of that actually using the forums, and an even tinier fraction who have registered accounts and thus can actually post, and even smaller number still who will actually post to complain about the supply cache system. Right now there are 131 members and 443 guests on the forums. As of 7 minutes ago the STEAM players alone numbered 1,229.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 July 2016 - 06:18 PM.

#42 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

They happen at CHRISTMAS... how hard is this to understand.
I think Kaveli understands perfectly.

#43 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

No it isn't. Maybe an inconsequentially small portion of the base but that's about it. At any given time there are thousands of players online, and a fraction of that actually using the forums, and an even tinier fraction who have registered accounts and thus can actually post, and even smaller number still who will actually post to complain about the supply cache system. Right now there are 131 members and 443 guests on the forums. As of 7 minutes ago the STEAM players alone numbered 1,229.

So you're saying it is not in their best interest in being up front with possibly 574 players reading forum posts like this right at this time?

Gotcha. Makes complete sense to me.

#44 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Still would like to know the percent chance to win for every item. You would be more inclined to buy a lottery ticket if you knew you had a one in three chance to break even. Right now, we have no idea. Some may have 3-4 desired items besides a mech. A cockpit item I would like, more keys, more MC. I have not opened the three I got this weekend yet. If all the crap items have 15-40% chance to win, while the desired items are 2.5-5%, then I sell those three for CBills and not buy anything this sale. Odds could be better, but we don't know.

It would be in their best interest to be up front with the chances to win each item in the ones you get, as this is producing a lot of salt in the player base.

So I'm gonna go on a limb and say you've probably never played the current CS:GO with the supply crates. the going rate in that format is about .5% for the *rare* items and the rest of the items are the remaining blend. from what I've read on the forums the odds are better in this game. The real difference is there is a secondary market in CS:GO for all the junkie stuff you pick up from the crates. at worst for the investment of $99, you get a tons of MC, 12 mech bays, a ton of keys for any gambling you may or not want to take part in, and about 1,900,000 c-bills worth of supply crates if you sell them just for the 50k bills. The fact that the "player base" is getting salty is because they all thought the odds were 1 in 8, but in fact and it was posted in several topics before release, instead of the actual odds. now would it be nice to see the odds sure. do they have to nope. should they eh maybe but that takes part of the fun out of gambling you know.

#45 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

They have no requirement to tell players the odds. You're getting these for FREE. There is no contractual need to explain the odds, and nobody at PGI is holding a gun to player heads forcing them to spend dollars on keys to open them. As someone said..they're sitting on a pool of MC from events... so MC they got for free.... and they refuse to use free currency for mech bays at full price.... talk about entitled...

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 July 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#46 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:57 PM

I for one have been clamoring for a Mech bay sale for while. This sale doesn't help me spend the MC I just bought after breaking down in my wait for a sale, but you roll with the punches. Oh well, at least this will help others that were on the fence and will get some benefit from restocking on MC.

All the pay to win / money grab comments just crack me up. It appears that econ is not taught in schools any longer. Posted Image

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 26 July 2016 - 07:05 PM.

#47 LK4D4

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:04 PM

I like it.

#48 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Free Mech Bays?
Free Mech Bays.
Free Mech Bays!!!

Just in time, I need a MC refill.

#49 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

Still would like to know the percent chance to win for every item. You would be more inclined to buy a lottery ticket if you knew you had a one in three chance to break even. Right now, we have no idea. Some may have 3-4 desired items besides a mech. A cockpit item I would like, more keys, more MC. I have not opened the three I got this weekend yet. If all the crap items have 15-40% chance to win, while the desired items are 2.5-5%, then I sell those three for CBills and not buy anything this sale. Odds could be better, but we don't know.

Not really.
I play MPQ actively and buy packs.
Even with the drop rate listed out, still doesn't stop me from feeling salty when I don't get the card I want.
Posted Image

#50 ToXikyogHurt

Rookie

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:55 PM

View Postcazidin, on 26 July 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Hmm... mathematically speaking, taking into account the MC saved on cache keys, which is best to buy during the event?

Ignoring the caches and just taking the MC value of the keys and bays:

MC	USD   now  base improvement
1350  / 7   = 193  179  8%
3425  / 15  = 228  200  14%
7600  / 30  = 253  217  17%
14200 / 50  = 284  240  18%
29550 / 100 = 296  250  18%

So, don't buy the smallest pack unless you're poor (or don't need bays) and don't buy the largest pack unless you have a use for all the MC.

#51 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:25 PM

I would be happy to spend more money on this game- if it was going somewhere. Right now its obvious that PGI are investing their efforts into milking a bad game rather than making it a great one. They say no to features that would add depth to play (like a mech management/repair/attrition system) and remove popular maps, but add online gambling to the game- WTF!

Not getting my money. Not today Russ.

#52 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:31 PM

A unique thing about the caches here is you get to examine the contents FIRST before deciding whether to open or sell. I'm looking at a cache right now, has an SRM6 as the lowest value item... highest is a radar dep modules...however it also has a 10 pack of coolshot 18s... so that there is 150MC value., the usual mechbay, 5000GXP, 250k C-bills, hamster huey, Clan Gauss. I am actually hoping for the hamster wheel.... I got the srm6... oh wow... actually I use a LOT of SRM6s in my builds so its for me a good pull. If I sell it, I get 80k cbills... so 25MC key = 80k cbills.... 4000 MC = 6.5 million which is 1625 per MC. The cache value ends up as 3200 per MC. In terms of not having to buy that launcher for a mech build...its 6400 per MC.

#53 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

A unique thing about the caches here is you get to examine the contents FIRST before deciding whether to open or sell. I'm looking at a cache right now, has an SRM6 as the lowest value item... highest is a radar dep modules...however it also has a 10 pack of coolshot 18s... so that there is 150MC value., the usual mechbay, 5000GXP, 250k C-bills, hamster huey, Clan Gauss. I am actually hoping for the hamster wheel.... I got the srm6... oh wow... actually I use a LOT of SRM6s in my builds so its for me a good pull. If I sell it, I get 80k cbills... so 25MC key = 80k cbills.... 4000 MC = 6.5 million which is 1625 per MC. The cache value ends up as 3200 per MC. In terms of not having to buy that launcher for a mech build...its 6400 per MC.

Or you could just play a match of a MechWarrior, and put your in-game earnings towards an srm6, and save your money.

#54 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

I'm at 5,391 matches of MWO and counting... but I also do not have to justify how I use my MC to a cynic.

#55 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

View Postxengk, on 26 July 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

Free Mech Bays?
Free Mech Bays.
Free Mech Bays!!!

Just in time, I need a MC refill.

I like you.

#56 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

It is in their best interest not to tell you.

#57 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Thanks PGI, just what I needed ^^ I just hope my paycheck will come in time for this. Aiming at $50 pack, which will get me a nice decal collection, a few colors, maybe some premium, a hero mech, 6 mech bays for free and some crates to play with. Quite generous I must say.

#58 Softandsquishybanana

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:44 PM

So has the sale actually started yet?

#59 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:56 PM

Just a suggestion to avoid many salty comments...

How about an "eternal statistic" for the supply caches? You know, like the ones you put up when there are those lottery bag events. Just display how many items of each type have been awarded to players based on the supply caches. That way players will know how many mach bays, mechs, money prices etc etc have been drawn. You might even put a percentage below those groups.

#60 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostSoftandsquishybanana, on 26 July 2016 - 11:44 PM, said:

So has the sale actually started yet?

yes, as of an hour ago. The MC appears instantly upon purchase, the account injection of goods comes on the hours... so if you bought at 1am you'll get the bays and caches at 2am.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 July 2016 - 12:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users