#61 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostKhobai, on 22 August 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

because no ghost heat and no energy draw is ideal.

but if we have to have one bandaid, given the choice between ghost heat or energy draw, ghost heat is still better

the energy draw is still in PTS.

Any system proposed that isn't your system you are gonna shoot down eh?

#62 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

Any system proposed that isn't your system you are gonna shoot down eh?

if someone proposes a system I like and I wont shoot it down.

but energy draw is @!#$ing stupid

#63 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostKhobai, on 22 August 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

if someone proposes a system I like and I wont shoot it down.

but energy draw is @!#$ing stupid

Well, there are players that do not agree with you, are they all @!#$ing stupid?

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 August 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#64 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 21 August 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

Edit: And hell, why DONT we have a game mode that allows respawns???

Well I can certainly speculate based on past experience (Mech 2) and the more obvious effect it would have on MWO:

Ammo Builds.

Back then we played matches to the general rule of: First Team to X Kills ends the match, Team with Most Kills wins the match.

Pure laser builds were the widespread favorite because ACs and Missiles were severely limited on ammo(Sometimes by build rules) and reliability, respectively. Your capability in piloting an laserboat mech was the primary standard by which you were judged, by extension your total kills, wins, etc. mostly because lag shooting was an essential skill (Back then people really didnt whine about lag) and your ability to overcome it was admired.

But, and this is the a big but, UACs were extremely powerful (Again, TT armor values). The Ultra AC5, Ultra AC10 and LB -10X were the most common as the UAC2 wasnt worth the weight as Mguns did the same damage and you could pack TONS of them with ammo and UAC20s, due to league build restrictions, only carried about 10 shots for a grand total of 2-3 seconds of firing duration. The main objective in drops was to get the first kills as it immediately put you at an advantage... So builds were designed specifically for short-duration combat that ensured a first kill and some damage on the enemy's fresh Mech to widen the gap on the lead.

Fast-forward to MWO where there are no respawns and people do not play to an artificial kill count; Mechs are designed to last the entire duration of a 15 Minute long combat period. Which means they carry enough heat efficiency, ammo and idealistic weapons to have both longevity and firepower to put up an adequate fight... Removing the need for longevity and the subsequent build redesigns would place Mech variants reliant on pure ammo, especially mixed energy-ammo builds, so high up the food chain it'll make the TTK much, much lower than it is now... Because all you'd need is to make that first kill and maintain the advantage.

#65 Archangel Dino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 21 August 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

still this system encourages Ballistic Boating more so than Energy Draw,
it would be a nerf to lights, and many small mediums and Energy only Builds and mechs,

So what if it's a nerf to Lights? Light 'Mechs anyway aren't meant to be frontline combat Mechs but are meant for Recon and Scouting.

And the main disadvantage with Energy weapons is, well, HEAT. If you're going into a fight with 8 Medium Lasers, you should be ready to manage your Heat. A hard cap of 30 Heat would discourage energy alphas and promote smart play.

Edited by Archangel Dino, 23 August 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#66 Cybrid 0x0t2md2w

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 97 posts
  • Locationthe chewy cookie behind you

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

we can wish the heat system was like this. I'd vote it.

but I doubt it'll get anywhere near pgi and be too complex for them to implement.

#67 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:16 PM

It quickly went in the same direction of quirks, a mess of complicated rules and exceptions to the rules.

I doubt they will change it in a meaningful way so I will stick to Pokemon Go, my nephews are able to understand it at least.

#68 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMooresville, IN

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 August 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that the MW4 Daishi doesn't have enough hardpoint space for that. Last time I checked, it had a limit of 14 Medium Lasers (5 per arm, 4 in the CT).

You forget about the massive omni point in the CT. It could hold a Heavy Gauss.
Med lsrs only took up one slot each. While I'm not sure if 20 is accurate, it'd make it pretty close.

#69 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:58 PM

View PostArchangel Dino, on 21 August 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

All we need is the TT Heat Limit of 30. That's it.

TT didn't have 30 heat "limit".

#70 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:19 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 25 August 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

TT didn't have 30 heat "limit".

Posted Image

No, but automatic shutdown happens at 30. If you go too much higher than that, chances are your mech is going to cook off like bacon in a frying pan before it turns back on. Going over 30 is a Bad Thing™

#71 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:43 AM

the whole game is bandaids, get over it.

#72 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:21 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 21 August 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Just increase the weapons cool down simplistic yes.
But it will solve some serious issues.

It will lower rate of fire yes, which by itself is a good thing.

What it won't do is stop alpha warrior on line.

If will make the game even less mobile, as people corner poke retreat and hide under cover until weapons are cooled down.

Static dull play style was the reason P.G.I killed jump jets, after everything else had failed to correct Poptarting, as people popped, fired, and then cooled down.

Increasing cool down will just make the game dull and static once more, only on the horizontal, instead of vertical.

#73 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:22 AM

View PostRakshasa, on 26 August 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

No, but automatic shutdown happens at 30. If you go too much higher than that, chances are your mech is going to cook off like bacon in a frying pan before it turns back on. Going over 30 is a Bad Thing™

That's a heat scale. If you had say 20 double heat sinks you could generate up to 40 heat per turn with no penalty whatsoever. That was your "limit". Heat scale in TT worked much like 1heat/1damage ED penalty. The only way to trigger heat scale penalties was to go above heat capacity that your heat sinks provided.

Posted Image

Edited by kapusta11, 26 August 2016 - 03:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users