17 replies to this topic

#1 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

I searched and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm bad at searching, can find the strangest things no one cares about, but something simple, I get all the wrong results

How do I read the planet information image ?
what is it telling me ?

Posted Image

#2 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

I've been wondering about this myself. And how can you find out what map it is and if "defense" is really a counter attack.

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Attackers have one Group waiting to attack, (the Red arrow on the left.) Defenders have one group waiting to defend, (The blue facing arrow.) Me thinks a fight's about to start. There are two other matches in play (The light whitest shading on the two map pips to either side of the target.) One just started, on counter attack (Red pip, tiny white bar) Ones fairly well into an invasion defense (Blue pip, Larger white bar.) The Current map is an invasion defense with full on turrets and doors, (The Red target on the blue map pip.) The map happens to be Emerald Taiga (Seventh pip from the left,)

Edit: Oh, yeah! 7% cuz only one pips Red. Attackers need to get to work. And not too much going on (The empty arrows above and below would show match queues on either defending or attacking side, based on colour and direction.)

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 11 September 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#4 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

In addition to what has been said above, this is how you see which map you are on before the text appears:
Posted Image
The last four will appear if the occupying unit spends a lot of money to reinforce the planet.

#5 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:54 PM

Awesome thank you Thank you

I did take screenies of different ones, but figured just posting the one might be enough to get my answer

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:35 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 11 September 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

The last four will appear if the occupying unit spends a lot of money to reinforce the planet.

How does that mean? Airstrikes etc?

THIS SHOULD BE AN STICKY !

I was thinking last night that there should be a site linked to this one with stickys. Example "How does ECM work?" Then someone goes through this forum and finds the best answers (which can be edited by that person) It would save a lot of time and work.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 11 September 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

I searched and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm bad at searching, can find the strangest things no one cares about, but something simple, I get all the wrong results

How do I read the planet information image ?
what is it telling me ?

Posted Image

The blank arrows tells us how many actual groups are ready to play or currently playing when they fill with solid colors. At the !moment in that image... there are no complete groups ready so you will be waiting a long time.

Choose planets on the galaxy map close to digits of twelve on either side for a fast start. A match will start very quickly if those blank arrows are filled on each side. A really intense battle has many arrows on each and matches will churn.

One match was won by attackers. Attackers have won only 7% of the fights held here. The cross hair tells us which map we will fight in next.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:45 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 12 September 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

How does that mean? Airstrikes etc?

THIS SHOULD BE AN STICKY !

I was thinking last night that there should be a site linked to this one with stickys. Example "How does ECM work?" Then someone goes through this forum and finds the best answers (which can be edited by that person) It would save a lot of time and work.

Garrison.

Airstrikes are consumables and the Long Tom tactical nuke is earned through the 4vs4 scouting missions. (that thing does 1200+ damage max per mech, unlike BT's Long Tom which does a max of 270 damage and doubled to account for double armor/structure that is 540 damage max damage overall).

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 September 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Garrison. Airstrikes are consumables and the Long Tom tactical nuke is earned through the 4vs4 scouting missions. (that thing does 1200+ damage max per mech, unlike BT's Long Tom which does a max of 270 damage and doubled to account for double armor/structure that is 540 damage max damage overall).

Ok, now please explain what "Garrison" means in this game and how that relates to spending a lot of money.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 12 September 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Ok, now please explain what "Garrison" means in this game and how that relates to spending a lot of money.

In terms of this game...
Extra levels which the attackers must win in order to successfully capture the base before the cease fire begins.

Disappointing, I know.

#11 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 September 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Garrison.

Airstrikes are consumables and the Long Tom tactical nuke is earned through the 4vs4 scouting missions. (that thing does 1200+ damage max per mech, unlike BT's Long Tom which does a max of 270 damage and doubled to account for double armor/structure that is 540 damage max damage overall).

Wasn'T LT turned down to 30dmg/'Mech last Patch ? Or is that something that is planned ?

#12 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

This UI is so awfull...unbelieveble :o

Wouldn it be easier just to wrote the map that i will play? And wich gamemode on wich side(atck/dfnd).
I'll never understand that screen D:

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostBesh, on 14 September 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

Wasn'T LT turned down to 30dmg/'Mech last Patch ? Or is that something that is planned ?

Last patch has no changes.
Patch before that:
Maximum amount of Damage that can be dealt to a single 'Mech is now 1320 DMG (120 DMG per Component).
• That is a reduction from the previous 1650 DMG (150 DMG per Component).
• Total Blast Radius is now 200 m (reduced from 300 m).
• Epicenter Damage Radius is now 30 m (reduced from 50 m).
• Epicenter Damage Radius is the Radius in which 'Mechs take maximum damage.

Meanwhile tabletop Long Tom damage to a full 180 meter diameter... is 270 damage, assuming it hit 19 mechs in that single hit. Otherwise it's less, as it's 30 damage spread in 6 lots of 5 damage at the epicenter which is 30 meters (1 hex), 20 damage spread in 4 lots of 5 damage at 2 hexes (out to 60 meters), and 10 damage in 2 lots of 5 damage at 3 hexes (90 meters) from the center, making a radius of 90 meters or a diameter of 180 meters.

PGI's Long Tom is a tactical nuke, not a 30 ton artillery cannon from a 90 ton vehicle loaded with 10 shots per ton of ammo.
(To note: Gauss Rifle ammo, which is supposed to be 8 shots per ton in tabletop, is heavier than Long Tom ammo; however unlike MWO, Battletech's Gauss Rifle of lore [rather than tabletop's oversimplification to save its players time and effort], is one of the only weapons that are front loaded or full damage in a single blow [PPCs and missiles being the other two].
For comparison as I know it'll come up, AC/20 is 6 cassettes per ton, that is 6 magazines full of ammo; though a full magazine is spent to make 20 damage as ACs are gigantic machine guns with exploding shells, not tank-like cannons; those are Mech Rifles)
o.O;

Edited by Koniving, 14 September 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#14 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

Thx clearing me up, and all the additional Info Koniving .

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:11 PM

The Planet Information readout is somewhat obscure because it adds to the immersion of the game.

(In the 30th century, Tooltips are Lostech.).

Edited by Appogee, 15 September 2016 - 02:49 AM.

#16 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

View PostAppogee, on 14 September 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

The Planet Information readout is somewhat obscure because it adds to the immersion of the game.

(In the 30th century, Tooltips are Lostech.).

I actually like some of things like that, visual things that really have no meaning other than looking like it could have A meaning. Like for example cockpit instruments and stuff like that. Just visual props.

That planet screen looks a bit like something in many movies. For example the screen shown on Death Star when it's coming around to fire.
http://st-v-sw.net/i...YavinOrbit3.jpg

Why are some maps really rare, like Grim portico? I've seen it maybe twice. I've played probably about a hundred if not more FP games.

Edited by Teer5, 16 September 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#17 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostTeer5, on 16 September 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Why are some maps really rare, like Grim portico? I've seen it maybe twice. I've played probably about a hundred if not more FP games.

It's just luck. Though you can increase you chances of dropping on certain maps if you pay close to attention to which battles are close to ending at the time you are queuing for a match.

I've had Vitric Forge for most of this challenge. I think it's one of the hardest maps to attack.

#18 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:25 PM

Vitric is a glorious brawl fest. Much like Hellebore. Or Sulferous. Or Portico. Or Taiga. Or Boreal vault.

I personally enjoy it, but I drop to brawl and know how to get to the rooftops with just one or two jump jets.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users