#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

LUCKY CHARMS 2019!

OVERALL EVENT PAGE!

CHALLENGE TRACKING PAGES

*Be sure to redeem your loot bags and Prizes before they expire!

#2 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

100,000 damage. Can we say Lurms? Time to bring my tripple ams and backstab lrm boats

#3 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:40 AM

Loot bags are always welcome!

#4 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

100k damage seems quite a lot, with avg damage 500... 200 games

#5 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:24 AM

Please for the love of all that's holy can you remove the green lights as a prize.

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

<*takes a look at the Event's Challenges, gets EXTREMELY disgusted*>

PGI Events Team, people are NOT going to have time for anywhere near 400 matches in 18 days, so that's way beyond too much grind. At a well-known General MWO Community Average of only about 250 Damage Per Match, and the fact that most people only get about 2 Hours Per Session, that's maybe 2500 Damage Per Session at most. In a mere 18 Days, that's a limit of 45000 Total Damage possible to be done. That's also a 180 Match Limit on how much time they can play, so re-adjust your 'Phase 1' Damage Challenge based on that, asking for only 200 Damage Per Loot Bag at most. Otherwise, you're going to be suffering a lot of angry people giving up on the 2019 Lucky Charms Loot Bag Event in its' entirety. You've basically designed it at current so that only the Top-Tier Competitive Pilots can have any chance at the Grand Prizes, and everyone else gets screwed. Flam-fingering the Zero Key at all, particularly twice, is a really horrible thing to do when it comes to times where Loot Bag Events are going to be launched. One thing's for sure, the General MWO Community is not going to take to a perpetuation of "The Rich get richer, while the Poor get poorer" happening to them! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "already finding this Event to be a mental turn-off" Devnull

#7 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

I like it. You get loot bags no matter what. Max loot bags for the seriously good or addicted. Those of us with limited time still get loot bags through games/kill assists/damage.

Thanks!

#8 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

100k dmg over 18 days? That's over 5k per day. Quite a lot of people will not be able to do this.

#9 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Could definitely use some more rainbows to brighten up my life. yay!

Edited by Alilua, 13 March 2019 - 11:10 AM.

#10 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

it's called a challenge for a reason.

5k damage in a day really shouldn't hard.

#11 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Dropping the Damage Required for Phase 1 to 50,00 Damage
500 Damage Per loot bag to a total of 100 Loot Bags!

#12 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

I reckon I could of done that damage, but I wouldn't of had much of a weekend lol

#13 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Loot bag time, time to put on an eye mask and grab goodies. Love it, loot it.

#14 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

No Hero-Charger as a Grand Prize Option? Kind of a missed Opportunity there.

#15 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, the 100K damage was way too much, kudos for halving it. Now, about those 750 Kill Assists...that seems a little steep, not as much as the 100K damage, but still one HELL of a grind for even good players.

#16 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

Just a couple things catching my eye...

View Postthievingmagpi, on 13 March 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

5k damage in a day really shouldn't hard.

Maybe for you... But you're playing well above what the average player is capable of. -_-

As it was, before the post from Matt above, PGI asked for near 5600 Damage/Day on average. For the Normal Average Player, that's about 23 to 28 Matches per Session. That comes to 4.6 to 5.6 Hours/Day, where most only get 2 Hours. In short, most people would have been cut cleanly off from getting way too many Loot Bags, resulting in a lot of angry people who could never reach the goal lines. That's just not how to do an Event, even in the slightest. <_<

On top of that, the entire Community does not need people playing in an Anti-Team manner during Events at all. Please avoid perpetuating things like Toxic Bloodthirst in a Multiplayer Game like MWO, or the game will die. Multiplayer Team-Based Games only do well when people can put TeamWork above everything else. :unsure:

View PostBravado, on 13 March 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

No Hero-Charger as a Grand Prize Option? Kind of a missed Opportunity there.

They don't do Hero Mechs as Grand Pick-A-Prize Choices. It would be an unnecessary hit to their Real Life Business $$$ (Cash) Flow. So I frankly can't blame PGI for not doing that, because it could cause them to go out-of-business, which would cause MWO to die. I don't think you would want to lose all your MWO stuff because PGI dies, would you? ;)

...and now this is me scramming again. I'm still stuck in a bit of a Big Mood right now, and I don't know if it will even let me start this Lucky Charms Event. :mellow:

~D. V. "Answering back against unrealistic madness over the Lucky Charms 2019 Event" Devnull

#17 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

As an Irish man I find this offensive.

#18 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

Its FREE stuff... PGI is under no obligation to make FREE stuff easy to get. But by all means, keep whining like spoiled children.

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 March 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

Dropping the Damage Required for Phase 1 to 50,00 Damage
500 Damage Per loot bag to a total of 100 Loot Bags!

Matt, you need to stop caving in to the spoiled children...

#19 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

ME RIGHT NOW
Posted Image

#20 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 March 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Just a couple things catching my eye...

Maybe for you... But you're playing well above what the average player is capable of. Posted Image

As it was, before the post from Matt above, PGI asked for near 5600 Damage/Day on average. For the Normal Average Player, that's about 23 to 28 Matches per Session. That comes to 4.6 to 5.6 Hours/Day, where most only get 2 Hours. In short, most people would have been cut cleanly off from getting way too many Loot Bags, resulting in a lot of angry people who could never reach the goal lines. That's just not how to do an Event, even in the slightest. Posted Image

On top of that, the entire Community does not need people playing in an Anti-Team manner during Events at all. Please avoid perpetuating things like Toxic Bloodthirst in a Multiplayer Game like MWO, or the game will die. Multiplayer Team-Based Games only do well when people can put TeamWork above everything else. Posted Image

They don't do Hero Mechs as Grand Pick-A-Prize Choices. It would be an unnecessary hit to their Real Life Business $$$ (Cash) Flow. So I frankly can't blame PGI for not doing that, because it could cause them to go out-of-business, which would cause MWO to die. I don't think you would want to lose all your MWO stuff because PGI dies, would you? Posted Image

...and now this is me scramming again. I'm still stuck in a bit of a Big Mood right now, and I don't know if it will even let me start this Lucky Charms Event. Posted Image

~D. V. "Answering back against unrealistic madness over the Lucky Charms 2019 Event" Devnull

yeah you're right. more people enjoying the game is always a good thing.

if people start just lazy event sniping with lrm boats, just means more farming assaults for me so i'll get it done quicker Posted Image

Edited by thievingmagpi, 13 March 2019 - 12:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users