#361 Yonkers

Rookie

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDrum

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 June 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

Can you get on TS within the next hour? I can help you immediately.

Also, that link doesn't give out a build. You need to click the "Save & share" button after making a build for it to link properly.

I've been on the TS server (NA) for nearly 2 hours in the Ed Center

EDIT: Changed link to function in previous comment.

Edited by Yonkers, 06 June 2015 - 09:34 PM.

#362 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostYonkers, on 06 June 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

I've been on the TS server (NA) for nearly 2 hours in the Ed Center

EDIT: Changed link to function in previous comment.

I'm gonna be on there in a couple of minutes

#363 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

Just wanted to report back and also say thanks again for the detailed replies and encouragement.

I have switched my Hunchback back to Medium Lasers (6 in the right torso) and 2 Medium Pulse Lasers (one in each arm, plus an AMS with a full ton of ammo.

With the help of my friends I am getting better at recognizing what to do on each map and I am sticking my d*ck into the meat grinder with a little bit less regularity. :blink: I am surviving through until the end of the match in a lot of my wins and usually die late in losing matches. Now I'm headed towards 200 matches, getting a lot more assists and even a few kills here and there!

I've bought my second Hunchback (the 4J) and will be trying out the LRM/TAG game with it as soon as I finish grinding out the 2M C-bills needed to get the upgrades I want. Then I will be setting up another Hunchback so that I can unlock the rest of the skills for the chassis. I'm thinking either one of the AC/20 or SRM6 builds B). Any suggestions on using the LRM Hunchback or thoughts on whether I should give the AC/20 a shot on my third Hunchie?

To other new players reading, don't get discouraged by matches where you die a horrible death after doing a mere 23 damage, or one where you get behind an enemy mech and get so excited that you completely blow your alpha strike instead of coring their rear center torso.. just keep plugging away and having fun!

Regards,

Xann

Edited by Xannatharr, 09 June 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#364 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

Glad to see you moving forward.

For the 4J, it's got great LRM 10 quirks, so focus on those. I personally would discourage you from using Artemis on LRM 10s (general policy is that it's good for LRM 15s, and 20s, and SRM6s), however, other 4J aficionados might disagree. One important tip for this variant is: Put your TAG in the head hardpoint. Trust me, it helps a lot.

As for the next hunchie, they are all very solid. The 4SP is one of my favorites because you don't have to worry about a hunch, and it will deck someone's face in with SRMs. While the 4G, and H are capable of laying down a world of hurt, very quickly. The 4G has fantastic AC 20 quirks. As in, when I am in a big mech, and see one. I actually start paying attention, because if he starts focusing me, he can wreck me. (I usually solve that by applying a massive alpha to the CT, or legs).

They are solid choices. The question becomes: Do you want one that throws around SRMs. AC 10s, or big honkin' AC 20s? Answer that question, and you'll know which is your next variant (for the record, all of them perform fantastically). If you end up really liking the chassis, then collecting them all might be something you'll do.

#365 JHackworth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hey KnightTry et al, feel free to drop into our channel on comstar on Teamspeak, na1.mech-connect.net (do a ctrl-F to find "hack"); we usually have a few people on during the day (EU/US) and you are welcome to hang out and play with us!

#366 Rawnblaed

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 44 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

I have been playing since March and I could use some help. I have been getting info from the forums and youtube vids and spending time in the testing grounds. I just had my first 2 drops yesterday. Both were skirmish on Tourmaline Desert and I got killed rather quickly without doing much of anything constructive except run around aimlessly with my teammates (who I assume weren't aimless). I guess I feel lost without some kind of voice comm with my teammates to know what I should be doing. (just dl'ed TeamSpeak). I kind of know what the different tactics are and most of the basic controls (got my mouse and joystick set up finally). There is only so much you can learn from a stationary target. I could use some 1v1 or small group play that doesn't eat up my cadet bonus and would help me learn to do more damage and get killed less quickly. Or a group to drop with in assault/skirmish/conquest that would give me some live help. I work graveyard shift so my schedule is weird. Have time in the AM (8:30 to 9:30 Central time) and then in the evenings. Will have to dodge family agro in PM. Anyone?

#367 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostRawnblaed, on 24 June 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

I have been playing since March and I could use some help. I have been getting info from the forums and youtube vids and spending time in the testing grounds. I just had my first 2 drops yesterday. Both were skirmish on Tourmaline Desert and I got killed rather quickly without doing much of anything constructive except run around aimlessly with my teammates (who I assume weren't aimless). I guess I feel lost without some kind of voice comm with my teammates to know what I should be doing. (just dl'ed TeamSpeak). I kind of know what the different tactics are and most of the basic controls (got my mouse and joystick set up finally). There is only so much you can learn from a stationary target. I could use some 1v1 or small group play that doesn't eat up my cadet bonus and would help me learn to do more damage and get killed less quickly. Or a group to drop with in assault/skirmish/conquest that would give me some live help. I work graveyard shift so my schedule is weird. Have time in the AM (8:30 to 9:30 Central time) and then in the evenings. Will have to dodge family agro in PM. Anyone?

I think I can make it tonight/morning (I'm on the West coast so that's 6:30 to 7:30 PDT for me) I'll get on teamspeak, on the comstar NA server, and wait for you there. (Keep mashing the "i" key until my name pops up.

This is the address for the server:

na1.mech-connect.com

#368 Rawnblaed

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

@ Iraqui Walker: Thanks for the prompt reply and the offer for help. Unfortunately I didn't see it till too late and didn't expect a reply that quick. I do apologize for that. I am off this Saturday and Sunday and will be up most of the day Monday till 3:30 or 4 CST. No hard plans as of yet so if you are still willing lets set a time(s) for then. I would have PM'ed you this but i am a recruit and cant yet.

#369 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostRawnblaed, on 25 June 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

@ Iraqui Walker: Thanks for the prompt reply and the offer for help. Unfortunately I didn't see it till too late and didn't expect a reply that quick. I do apologize for that. I am off this Saturday and Sunday and will be up most of the day Monday till 3:30 or 4 CST. No hard plans as of yet so if you are still willing lets set a time(s) for then. I would have PM'ed you this but i am a recruit and cant yet.

No problem. Let's do it Monday the 29th. That should be around 2 AM Monday my time, right?

#370 Rawnblaed

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 June 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

No problem. Let's do it Monday the 29th. That should be around 2 AM Monday my time, right?

Umm, no. I guess I need to explain my schedule better. I work 11 P.M to 7:30 A.M. (thus the funky availability). But on my off days I stay up during the day and sleep those nights I am off. So this weekend, since I am off work, I can meet as follows:
Saturday-- 8:30 A.M. to midnight (except for a 2 or 3 hour nap since I will have worked all night).
Sunday-- 1 P.M. to midnightish
Monday-- 9 A.M. (depending on when I get to bed) to 3:30 or 4 P.M.
All times are CST of course.
So is there a time in those timeframes that works for you? You wont have to be up in the middle of the night. Let me know.

#371 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostRawnblaed, on 26 June 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

Umm, no. I guess I need to explain my schedule better. I work 11 P.M to 7:30 A.M. (thus the funky availability). But on my off days I stay up during the day and sleep those nights I am off. So this weekend, since I am off work, I can meet as follows:
Saturday-- 8:30 A.M. to midnight (except for a 2 or 3 hour nap since I will have worked all night).
Sunday-- 1 P.M. to midnightish
Monday-- 9 A.M. (depending on when I get to bed) to 3:30 or 4 P.M.
All times are CST of course.
So is there a time in those timeframes that works for you? You wont have to be up in the middle of the night. Let me know.

Saturday will work. Let's say 4PM my time (6 yours)? Would that work (I have the day off except for a 2 hour period from 8PM to 10PM)

#372 Rawnblaed

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 June 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Saturday will work. Let's say 4PM my time (6 yours)? Would that work (I have the day off except for a 2 hour period from 8PM to 10PM)

That sounds fine. See you then at the teamspeak address you gave me. Looking forward to the help. Did my third drop the other day in a Dire Wolf. Did a whopping 9 points of damage before being torn apart. And at 60 fps and a ping of 40 I can't blame it on lag. Lol.

#373 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostRawnblaed, on 26 June 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

That sounds fine. See you then at the teamspeak address you gave me. Looking forward to the help. Did my third drop the other day in a Dire Wolf. Did a whopping 9 points of damage before being torn apart. And at 60 fps and a ping of 40 I can't blame it on lag. Lol.

Lol, the curse of good gear. Don't worry, I'll help you make the DWF into a real monster. It's one of my favorite chassis, and I honestly try to take it sparingly, because it's very powerful.

#374 malz79

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSingapore / East Timor

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

Hi guys, would just like to say hello to all MWO players. I recently started playing MWO (Finally bought a PC that can support it after I got a better connection lol), just wanted to say I still love this game.

Played all the old MW games, really miss the days playing MW4. Any of the HRR/Burrock guys still around from MW4?

Hope to see you guys in game soon! Cheers!

#375 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

View Postmalz79, on 07 July 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hi guys, would just like to say hello to all MWO players. I recently started playing MWO (Finally bought a PC that can support it after I got a better connection lol), just wanted to say I still love this game.

Played all the old MW games, really miss the days playing MW4. Any of the HRR/Burrock guys still around from MW4?

Hope to see you guys in game soon! Cheers!

Welcome to the game.

Save every c-bill you make from your first 25 matches. That's your cadet bonus, which is increased earnings for only those matches. Should help you buy your first mech, and pimp it out.

http://mwomercs.com/...-mech-building/

Check that thread for tips on mech construction, and if you have nay questions, ask them in these forums, and we'll be happy to help.

As for the HRR/Burrock guys. I'd post a thread in general discussion asking about it. You'd be surprised.

Check with those guys for some old MW4 members

http://mwomercs.com/...-reunion-party/

#376 DXTFantom

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

I am in need of some help too, Just downloaded the game no idea what im doing.

Sitting on ED center on ts3.

#377 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

Indeed, I agree with the others, tis is a ery good idea.
While i do not have a Unit (I prfer to go solo except in regular solo drops) I am always lookin for groups to fight with, so if anyone sees me online, feel free to add me any time :-) I am on quite often, so you will see me online quite often.

#378 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostDXTFantom, on 14 July 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

I am in need of some help too, Just downloaded the game no idea what im doing.

Sitting on ED center on ts3.

Sorry I missed you.

PM me a date and time when you can be online for a period of at least 30 minutes, and I'll be there to help you out.

#379 Zodiac Steve

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

looking for some help

#380 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostZodiac Steve, on 12 August 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

looking for some help

Pm me a date, and time when you are free (could even be today), and I'll hop onto a teamspeak server to help you out.Don't worry if you don't have a mic, you can still type in Teamspeak.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users