217 replies to this topic

#41 Elektrik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostTravers, on 02 March 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

I'm 34, but don't want to fight for the Dracs.

That's ok, we have to have *someone* to blast ;-)

#42 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postqunqiyah, on 22 February 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

25? shoot, i started playing about 25 years ago!

I second that, i started playing CBT on the table back in 87' when i was still in highschool......i think i might fit in the "over 25" club lol

#43 Felix Dracc

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 22 February 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Small/teen children who scream obsenities, team kill, exploit, or do nothing to help their teammates in the game.

Well you learn some thing new every day.

#44 Norm McKenna

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nearly 25 years experience with BT and of course I'm older than 25, does 45 count? ;)

#45 KBone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationYOUR FACE!!!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

I think my feeling are hurt! Am I now old?

#46 Cbass57484

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Centrel Indiana, USA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

over 25 years old i'm in. i'm 28 and a have been a fan of battletech since i played it on the hex board. all hail takashi and theodore and omi.

#47 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

Small/teen children who scream obsenities, team kill, exploit, or do nothing to help their teammates in the game.

they dont call each other timmie, they use words like bro and brah and brudda

#48 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

had to rez this topic from the dead to say how much i loath post like this. I was apart of a MW4 mercs league called Astro Dominion League and when I was 16 at the time i applied for the DC faction in the league. Despite the fact i was well beyond my age in maturity my application was denied by a leader who turned out to be less mature than myself. Nothing wrong with having a gaming community that is built around mature players who arent dropping f bombs and ranting about how their mothers wont let them stay up to play, but to actually go out and set a an age restriction is so beyond rediculous. Where in the book of life does it say people over 25 are mature and can communicate and work as a team. Not age governed attributes, and posts like this just alienate your applicants and turn away those who are eligible for such a group. And while you post that you just prefer to play with people around your age group more often then not you cannot tell how old the other people in the room are. So why not just found the NO JACK *** gamers club lol. To me it just feels like the focus is in the wrong place.

That being said something like this would be of interest to me, however i just have a hard time getting over an age based restriction when some of the guys i played MW4 mercs online with for almost 2 years were under 18 and were very team focused and mature.

My 2 cents. And because i know itll come up, i am 25 on the dot and I started playing the Classic Battletech board game when i was 11. :D

Edited by SteelWarrior, 20 March 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#49 Urien

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Being 28 and interested in House Kurita, i'll put myself down on the list.

#50 ShadowMaw

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostNeoDac, on 03 March 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

.....snip.....
magic the gathering ......snip......

Been ages since I played that card game....I still have tons of those cards even the alpha mox's. I would get off work and go to the local gaming store and just buy entire unopened boxes of them when each new set came out.

On topic
Plenty old enough but my heart is and always will be a WOLF. Good luck though and I hope to find a group like you are trying to get when the clans come out.

#51 SidTheKid87

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yeah I would love to be with people my own age for a change so sign me up! i wouldnt mind joining you at all.-----THX

#52 destiny valkyrie

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

im 13 and i dont do any of that. you didnt describe children, you described online ***holes with no maturity at all, ive delt with them and hate them, i play to win

#53 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Color me interested. Though I tend to just play with other "Dads." A lurking member of Dad's Hideout I enjoy gaming with older folks as they get the same cultural references that I do. :D

#54 001

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationWest Harrison, IN

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Mechwarrior 001 reporting for duty.
I am an active duty Soldier who has been gaming since 1983 so if you have room to fill this Regiment consider my steel yours Sir.
Long live the 7th Ghost!

#55 Qai

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUtah, for now....moving back to Cali soon enough...

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well, I am 30, used to play BattleTech tabletop. Played every single mechwarrior game, loved Mechwarrior 2 Titanium Trilogy, miss it lots since my PC is "too good" to play the old CD Rom disks anymore. Mechwarrior 3 was a joke, Mechwarrior 4 kicked butt, good story line, nice amount of mechs, not to mention MEKTEK had some really kewl patches to give you a wide selection of mechs. My only complaint about Mechwarrior 4, I miss being in the Clans. Yeah merc stuff is kewl and all, but the Clans had a different feeling to it, not to mention, no innersphere tech, only clan, which was both good and bad. Anywhoo, counting the days before I can get back into the cockpit and kick some ***, really looking forward to using scout mechs, I used to use a stratagy back durring mechwarrior 4, when we played online. I would have 3 of my lancemates use the Longbow mech, meanwhile I would run around in a tricked-out couger or ravin, equipped with ECM and other scout tech, set up a few narc beacons on my chassis...then I would go hunting. Meanwhile the longbows are behind some hill, stationary. Once I found my prey, I would tag it, get the hell out of sight, then on Team Speak I would yell, "painted", all of the longbows would march up the hill, realease their LRM's, and it was overwith. >:ph34r:

#56 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'll be 32 by open beta, played tabletop Battletech starting around 92 or so. Currently practicing in MWLL nightly

#57 Airborne Ranger

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Well ive never played any of the other Mech games but im very intrested this one. Im 28 and have been a hardcore gamer all my life. Im looking for a good mature group to learn from and this might just work, sign me up.

#58 Alika

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Im in ive played mechwarrior since mechwarrior 2. im 28 an well trained in mech combat. :P hit me up if you need more Warriors!

#59 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Talking mental or physical age here?

Your title implies physical, your elaboration implies mental.

#60 Fate Aki

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLuthien、資本ドラココンバイン

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Fate Aki, reporting for duty.
Approximately 30 years of Battletech/MechWarrior experience. I have a long time friend who's going to love dying at the hands of the Draconis Combine. I am here to ensure that happens...often.

*Snaps Salute*

Edited by Fate Aki, 25 April 2012 - 04:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users