810 replies to this topic

#801 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

48 and still counting, been playing Mechwarrior games since MW2, been gaming since I got my first computer in the very early 80's, a Sinclair Spectrum 48k, what a POS that was, but I loved it anyway....Cheers to all the old stagers in this thread... ;)

#802 Patzer

• PipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuena Park, California

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

I also played, ultra bots , heavy gear, earthsiege, starsiege, one I think was called battledrome. My first online against a real opponent was clan homeworld. I was/am hooked on mecha based games. Started with a 286 which i had to upgrade to a 386 and then built a 486, after that i purchased the biggest baddest PC I could to keep up with performance requirements. Of all of the mech games ever made battletech and mechwarrior and now MWO are the best.

#803 Patzer

• PipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

LOL, I also wonder, about something I saw this game in the very early days...and thought it was a scam to make money off desperate mechwarrior games...I was so wrong and finally came around to the nest best thing to owning a mech....I currently own 97 thanks to all so packages. I am not even close to good but I have a good Time and will always try to cover my team members.

#804 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

I have thirteen, and only plans to get the HellSlinger as soon as I am able to afford it. Maybe the Jester. Definitely a Wolverine hero as soon as possible; however, I will likely not want anymore after that, though I guess it would be based on what comes in the future, as well.

Also, I'm not really great in games, either, but I definitely enjoy playing.

#805 Patzer

• PipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

Kay,

You are prolly better than you think. I would buy you the hellslinger if I could but it's not like clan home world where we could transfer mechs or when I could build one for a player that deserved it those days are gone.

Keep up the good fight and you will get that mech...oh it runs hot but is nasty.

Best regards and this is my last post on this subject...I figure it's done for us old guys 30 yrs or more of mechwarrior when I die they will cremate me with all my mech stuff as it should be.

#806 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

View PostPatzer, on 06 October 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I also played, ultra bots , heavy gear, earthsiege, starsiege, one I think was called battledrome. My first online against a real opponent was clan homeworld. I was/am hooked on mecha based games. Started with a 286 which i had to upgrade to a 386 and then built a 486, after that i purchased the biggest baddest PC I could to keep up with performance requirements. Of all of the mech games ever made battletech and mechwarrior and now MWO are the best.

omg ultra bots was epic!!.... been playing mechwarrior and mech like games for 20+ years. it all started on a day at the mall with my mom when i was very young and in the window of a computer store there stood in the window a yellow and black box with a TIMBERWOLF staring me straight in the face... and thus the mechwarrior 2 purchase was made and there was no turning back from there... lol

#807 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

Seems being 40 is only mid ranged. you all make me feel young. death to the whipper snappers!

Ah those good ole MW2 days and that fuzzy battletech my flat mate showed me on his 386

#808 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostPatzer, on 06 October 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Kay,

You are prolly better than you think.
Not if tonight was any indication, nor this last week. Y'know, I used to be able to take my Tier 5 Catapult C4, or my Tier 4 Catapult C1 or K2, and I could get kills all night long. Now, however... we played six matches, tonight, I think it was, my friend bleeche and I, and a couple others from EOD, and we were continually being rolled over. It sucked so much I quit early.

Best regards and this is my last post on this subject...I figure it's done for us old guys 30 yrs or more of mechwarrior when I die they will cremate me with all my mech stuff as it should be.
Thanks for the encouragement and... I was a coffin shaped like a Flying Debris style Catapult. :D

#809 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

41 and a loyal Capellan since first being introduced to Battletech in the 80s.

Though I begrudgingly have walked in Jason Youngbloods shoes many times.

#810 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'll put my hand up, 53 and still going strong, first game here in Australia was battletech 2138 on a 3.5 floppy, don't quote me on that as it's been a long time,payed every game since, rage edition, titanium, still have an old machie loaded with DOS and win95 so we can play them been going ever since and my two sons have followed it as long as they have been alive.
ATTAKHAN666

#811 Maurice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEasthampton Ma.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:00 AM

so 58 is not the oldest dog in the hunt for a confirmed mech kill!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users