OOC: Solaris RPG

1745 replies to this topic

#1721 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

*sighs* I tried to play MWO today, even had a good computer, and I can get into training grounds, but it won't let me actually get into real battles...

#1722 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

i stopped playing because my computer's graphics card tries to undergo nuclear fusion while i am playing...

#1723 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Nah, I don't even think you could fluff that to the point that'd I'd let it go.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 15 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#1724 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I smells me a challenge.

#1725 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 15 May 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Nah, I don't even think you could fluff that to the point that'd I'd let it go.

you should really have quoted rogue in that message. cause i was just like, why do i have to fluff my gpu running hot?

View PostRogueSpear, on 15 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I smells me a challenge.

just do an underwater circus mech.

#1726 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Sounds boring.
Why should he have quoted me? You figured it out quickly enough :D

EDIT: Urgh, just noticed my post back on the 14th of March has a note in it where I meant to get Thom to write D's response. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Edited by RogueSpear, 15 May 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#1727 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Sneak peak at the upcoming Mad Jack post:

"Ye've a face like a half healed bawbag that underwent a vasectomy fae a paraplegic exwife, ye f*nny."

Edited by RogueSpear, 19 May 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#1728 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Oh my...

#1729 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Name: Davier Sipedon
Callsign: Raizser
Date of Birth/Age: 18, Born 5/24/3013
Current Mech: Centurion
House Affiliation: None
Military History: Past experience in freedom fighters. Very little experience.
Physical Description: Not physically-athletically fit, Davier is 167cm tall.
Open Background: Born on a planet in Free Worlds League sectors. Davier has only graduated from high school and looks forward to becoming one of the freedom fighters. The system where Davier lives is heavily affected by pirates. Basically, one of the outlaw sectors that even the government does not have complete control over. The government neglects the system due to recent outbreaks of terrorist activities performed by the pirates.

Davier in one of the luckiest and fateful moments of his life stumbles onto a long-fought battlefield and finds a heavily damaged Centurion. There he learns about the mech, the history of the battlefield and eventually rejuvenates the mech, outfitting it from left over parts on the battlefield with the help of his friends.

(Sorry, I'm very vague as I don't know much about the MW universe.)

Deep Background: None ATM. Will be edited as time progresses with thoughts that comes to my mind.

Edited by ZeProme, 19 May 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#1730 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostZeProme, on 19 May 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Name: Davier Sipedon
Callsign: Raizser
Date of Birth/Age: 18, Born 5/24/3013
Current Mech: Centurion
House Affiliation: None
Military History: Past experience in freedom fighters. Very little experience.
Physical Description: Not physically-athletically fit, Davier is 167cm tall.
Open Background: Born on a planet in Free Worlds League sectors. Davier has only graduated from high school and looks forward to becoming one of the freedom fighters. The system where Davier lives is heavily affected by pirates. Basically, one of the outlaw sectors that even the government does not have complete control over. The government neglects the system due to recent outbreaks of terrorist activities performed by the pirates.

Davier in one of the luckiest and fateful moments of his life stumbles onto a long-fought battlefield and finds a heavily damaged Centurion. There he learns about the mech, the history of the battlefield and eventually rejuvenates the mech, outfitting it from left over parts on the battlefield with the help of his friends.

(Sorry, I'm very vague as I don't know much about the MW universe.)

Deep Background: None ATM. Will be edited as time progresses with thoughts that comes to my mind.

Welcome, ZeProme!

If you're interested in learning more about the MW/BT universe, might I recommend Sarna.net, the BattleTech wiki. The page on the FWL might help you find a home world.

Assuming you want your Centurion to carry any ammunition at all, you won't be able to fit all those weapon systems on. Fitting a weight saving tech like endo-steel or an XL engine would fix that, but at the time Life & Death is set, they haven't been invented yet. Losing a single missile system and a ton of ammo for it would balance it, though. Also, since Thom generally runs with the tabletop rules over MWO rules, you can probably fit the AC/20 in the right arm without losing the lower arm actuator, by splitting it's slots into the right torso.

And again, welcome!

#1731 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Edit: Sparky once again beat me to the punch...

Nice basic bio Ze. And have no worries about being new to the BTU and not knowing all the lore, it happens to the best of us, and truthfully, my knowledge of the FWL and DC is pretty pathetic. Still, you should have waited till I looked on over your bio before posting in the IC thread, but have no worries it's all good. Just read up some stuff on Sarna and think about flushing out your character a bit more before you do any more posting Kay? Also, welcome aboard.

#1732 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 19 May 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Welcome, ZeProme!

If you're interested in learning more about the MW/BT universe, might I recommend Sarna.net, the BattleTech wiki. The page on the FWL might help you find a home world.

Assuming you want your Centurion to carry any ammunition at all, you won't be able to fit all those weapon systems on. Fitting a weight saving tech like endo-steel or an XL engine would fix that, but at the time Life & Death is set, they haven't been invented yet. Losing a single missile system and a ton of ammo for it would balance it, though. Also, since Thom generally runs with the tabletop rules over MWO rules, you can probably fit the AC/20 in the right arm without losing the lower arm actuator, by splitting it's slots into the right torso.

And again, welcome!

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 19 May 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Edit: Sparky once again beat me to the punch...

Nice basic bio Ze. And have no worries about being new to the BTU and not knowing all the lore, it happens to the best of us, and truthfully, my knowledge of the FWL and DC is pretty pathetic. Still, you should have waited till I looked on over your bio before posting in the IC thread, but have no worries it's all good. Just read up some stuff on Sarna and think about flushing out your character a bit more before you do any more posting Kay? Also, welcome aboard.

Many thanks. I will readjust the mech's loadout due to the limitations then.

Alright sure. I will give my character a bit more bio and read some more stuff from sarna.

#1733 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Suggest you take a look at the page for Technical Readout 3025 ZeProme, some of the stuff you mentioned in your post (Like the gauss rifle) aren't in production at the time period of this RP. We also use location + time stamps to show where we are - you seem to be in the middle of a warzone but we're on Solaris VII. It's a planet for gladiator fights, but with mechs.
Speaking of which, Thom: Be happy my friend! I spent yesterday typing up Jack's fight, every time I had the chance between travelling. 5,310 words of Mad Jack Madness coming right up.

#1734 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Congrats on the 2000th post Thom! Wondering what you are getting instead of that Panther...
I smells me a potential Cataphract :)
I forget how Randall got his black eye though...was that Dan?

#1735 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

only 2000? slacker :)

#1736 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yeah, Randal's black eye was from when Dan pushed him downstairs. But you mentioned something about it timestamps being goofy and that post not happening yet or something like that... if that's the case, he got it in a bar fight...

Cataphract so soon? Nah, the deal that Min and D settled on was Min pay off Slater and get the requested components to repair One-Eye. So the gyro, censor package, right arm, and some weaponry. But I am kicking around the idea of Erin putting D in that skeletal Catapult...

#1737 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think it's happened now. I forget. It was GW's assassin thing that caused the issue, when was that? Was that yesterday IC? Just bump the last post to the day after that.
I'm kind of confused myself, to be honest. I'll go have a look.

EDIT: Ugh, I forgot there was an issue there. I've written that post out of the RP essentially since then :/
Urgh. I'll have a think on this. Suggestions are welcome.

Edited by RogueSpear, 01 June 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#1738 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Morning, I am hoping this is still open as I've been inactive on MechWarrior for a while and I wanted to start off with an awesome group of people to RP with ^-^

#1739 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Name: Raven Tairos

Callsigns/Aliases: Rave, Bliss, Arachna, The Witch

Date of Birth/Age: Unknown, somewhere around 32

Current Mech: Mad Cat III equipped with the original specs plus better sensory/support systems

House Affiliation: None, neutral for now

Military History: For over a decade

Physical Description: Posted Image

Weapons:

Two Auto Pistols with Supressors

Two Mydron Auto-Pistols/SMGs with Suppressors

Retractable/Deployable Compound Bow with specialty arrows/ammunition, multiple possible add-ons such as scopes and the like

Mark XX Energy Rifle

Weapon Locations: Two Auto Pistols in holsters that are placed inside of her trench coat. 2 Mydron SMGs located inside holsters at her hips. A utility belt is placed firmly around her waist. Her retracted bow is placed at the small/lower part of her back along with a arrow holster thingy(lawlz, forgot the name) on her back right next to her rifle.

Armor: Light armor with a high-tech functionality. It's made for tactical analysis and hand-to-hand/close-range combat along with Long-ranged combat due to her being a sharp shooter. It's light armor, it won't protect against much and even some heavy pistols will bypass it. Armor is black, sleek, futuristic plate armor and a visor, similar to a Crysis 3 Nanosuit but with sleek plate armor over it and a visor instead of those goggles.

Weaknesses: Anything slightly diplomatic, she isn't a people person...more like a kill the people person. She's human and as such overestimates herself and underestimates her opponents due to that and especially due to her personality. Manipulation only usually works on stupid and/or naïve people meaning smart people are...well, smart or at least they're supposed to be. Physically she is astute but she isn't as strong as most men are, she focuses more on speed to attack and her ability to soften them up at a medium/close range and then close in for the kill meaning at long range she is weak as hell and if she met a man as fast as her and even of a medium build she would lose if she had to fight them. She's built for close/medium ranged combat not long-ranged combat or utilizing artillery. Her technical knowledge is not very good, in fact she knows next to nothing about any technologies aside from weapons and her armor. She can't pilot a ship of any kind but luckily can drive well due to reflexes and only due to reflexes, her patience when driving is far lower than her patience with tactics. Sometimes she loses patience despite her tactical specialty which means bad things for people who are carrying out her tactics.

Open Background: See below

Deep Background: Not much is known about Raven Tairos other than a few pieces of her personality: Intelligent, manipulative, cunning, secretive, logical, ruthless; these are the six things that describe Raven Tairos. She is intelligent because of her extensive education, the fact she absorbs new information quicker than most people[she has an eidetic memory]. She is manipulative because she is an expert in how people work, she almost always gets what she wants. She is cunning due to her intelligence and manipulation skills, always getting what she wants, always a step ahead, always the ultimate rival for someone. She is secretive because she has gone so far to hide her skill, because of her intelligence, manipulative skills and cunning, she is a good keeper of secrets and always has more than you would think.

She is logical because she is an expert at controlling herself and her emotions, her intelligence almost always comes first, her manipulative skills help it her with interacting with people and sometimes even 'feeling'[she is so far gone down the dark road she manipulates herself into thinking she loves someone or trusts someone or is even their friend until she actually believes it, and is torn when the time comes to abandon them but someday she might keep them as a friend, though this isn't always how it goes], her secretive style helps her with the inner emotional turmoil she goes through periodically[though these events are very few and incredibly far in between] and her cunning helps her figure out different logical approaches to various types of situations. She is ruthless because she always knows she has to get the job done, no matter the cost even if it causes her emotional harm[though there may be a point in time when she shows mercy]; her intelligence helps her navigate through ways to finish her job and get through tough situations, her manipulation skills help her get through situations as well and even manipulate herself into following the best path for herself/her career, her cunning helps her get out of situations and navigate though various ways to manipulate people, her secretive personality helps her act like it didn't happen and her logic helps her follow the most logical path and ways to get through a situation.

This is what makes Raven Tairos, well, Raven Tairos; despite her flaws and holes in her personality she is very strong and full of will though it breaks her like glass at sometimes. This is Raven Tairos, these are the fundamental, intertwining, poetic elements that make her who she is, that make up her personality, that tell you how she is going to act, that make her unique and unlike any other.

Alternate RP Sample: "The year is 2020 and we are being hunted down to near extinction, each and every one of us. You may be curious as to who we are and the answer is simple, we are those oddities on Earth, the oddities you don't notice until they showed you; if you haven't figured it out by now we are the Genesis, what is that you may wonder well here's your answer, we range from mutants to freaks that decided it would be a good idea to splice our genes with animals, sometimes we are the cyborgs or men and women in power armor, maybe we are even those with the magic tricks, sometimes it is genetic, sometimes cybernetic and sometimes neither, either way we are special. The Genesis were the next wave of heroes and villains at first, then we were the supersoldiers, the hated and the loved but then something terrible happened though most of us are too young to remember. The world was in chaos, resources were down and the only thing holding the peace were the nuclear powers of the world then it happened, what happened may interest you and most thought it was a good thing, well it wasn't, we went into World War 3 due to an utterly large amount of oil found in the Artic, the main contendors were the nuclear powers, which at the time were The United States, The Russian Federation, Israel, Iran, South Africa, Japan, China, North Korea, South Korea, France, The United Kingdoms, India, Pakistan, Germany and the Ukraine with the only people capable of stopping the world's destruction were the heroes and the villains.

The two enemies, the heroes and villains, didn't want to work together at first but in the end they came together. The heroes and villains did what they had to do, they disabled every nuclear arsenal on the planet from Russia, to the USA to Israel who had just been found capable of decimating all of the opposition. In a fit of rage the world began hunting the heroes and villains down, one by one, slaughtering them, the women, the men and the children, some of the heroes fought back and all of the villains did, but most of the heroes just let themselves die because they were good people while the ones that didn't destroyed whole cities trying to save themselves while some of them were to weak. After four plus decades of hunting us down and killing us they thought us extinct, they were wrong and how that mistake would make them pay. Now we're back, there are less of us, yes but we have been refined to near perfection, some of us are stronger than the armies they used to kill us while others are weaker while some don't even have offensive capabilities but we're each special in our own way.

You may be curious as to who I am and I will tell you for you have been patient while you have waited for me to reveal myself, I am but one of many that want revenge, I am but one of few who survived, I am but one of few who have joined together and are waiting to strike, I was one of the first Genesis and I am still one of the most powerful. You can simply call me 'Bane', the one who will strike humanity down and destroy them for what they have done." He finished speaking and cheers erupted in the crowd below, his features were masked by a black, sleek visor-helm with his body hidden beneath a cloak black as the night but underneath rested a medium-sized figure in sleek black armor that seemed to be made out of snake scales and had eight black spider legs, black combat boots, black fingerless gloves that were rough around the edges, a black utility belt and underneath all of that black tights that fit his figure nicely, empathizing on his lithe muscles, he had shock-silver hair, a red tattoo of a fang beneath his right cheek, pale skin, crimson red eyes, delicate features and was overall beautiful and youthful for his age which was over two centuries and he appeared to be in his late teens, he truly was unique. He was in an abandoned warehouse, he knew it was cliche but it was an efficient place to gather up his kin for he was done waiting. It was his time to rise.

By his side were two women and two men, the two women in similar outfits. The one on the right was named Raven Tairos, she had black hair, pale skin and spider legs that were retracted as soon as he finished speaking, she had delicate features with high cheek-bones, snow white eyes and wore a red dress with eight ribs in the back that would move for her spider legs with red high heels. The one on the far right was named 'Prophet', she had silver hair, tan skin, claws, pure black eyes with no pupils and she radiated an odd aura, she hovered there the whole time wearing a white dress similar to Raven's with white, high-heels. Both of the girls were relatively young looking and they walked with grace and movements that said they were lethal everywhere they went. The two men on the right looked exactly the same and wore the same black vests, platinum watches, black and red sneakers, black jeans, gray shirts and platinum-plated Rhodium cross-shaped necklaces, both around the age of 16.

Raven smirked slightly and stepped up. "Soon, it will be our time. Our time, not the humans that think us dead. Our time, not anyone elses. Our time, our time to rise, our time to rule, the time where we won't fear them finding us at night." She spoke, her voice serene and beautiful and not like the million buzzes of multiple pitches and tones that usually made her voice. "I am Arachne, a true myth of of the ancient world. One of the first Genesis, I was not hunted, I was feared for my power, I was feared for my beautiful art work, I was feared for rivalling the so called 'Goddess of Genesis' Athena in power. I was to be the next on the throne of the world, but I disappeared. I disappeared because I knew what was going to happen to my kin, and I hid, I hid like a coward as they were slaughtered! But no more." She said, ending with a heavy pant.

"No more will I hide like a weakling for I am not weak, I can level whole armies! I can help us rule. The other Ancients are few, not in the numbers they used to be, in ancient times the Genetex were in their prime but by Biblical times we had grown even more in power and become the supernatural, the ghosts, the mummies, the giant snakes, the other gods. With each era we grew stronger until we were just myths and a true God had taken his place, he was not a Genesis, no he was something else. He had ascended, or had he already ascended?" She asked, obviously appealing to the religious of her group. " He had kept us from harm for centuries! Centuries! And some of us abandoned him, some of us had run from him." She said, motioning to herself, obviously the group below was made up of a majority of religious people and with the fact that there were other Ancients she could also appeal to the scientific. "We have succeeded in making the perfect society, us the freaks and oddities, the outcasts, the demons, the monsters and even the angels! We were Gods and we fell from our throne, our blood becoming weak until we were myths and legends with few legends and myths in between like the oddities of the world now, the ones they can't prove or disprove. But now, we have risen again. In the last few decades our numbers jumped a thousand fold. So are you with me!?" She asked and got a cheer as she bowed and nodded. "Then let us ready ourselves for the onslaught." She nodded to them and turned away, a British accent evident in her voice, she walked off stafe with the crowd cheering behind her cheering so loud she could feel it beneath her feet.

"She always hits hard." A boy with a British accent on the left of the stage said as he walked away, his twin quickly following behind him. He was obviously the dominant one of their relationship, as his twin was slightly unnerved by the whole thing. His twin, Rai Tairos, was shaking, slightly clammy with a few beads of sweat running down his forehead. "Come brother." He pulled him into a hallway and dabbed at the sweat at Rai's forehead. "I do not want you to dirty your attire." Erison smiled at his twin who was breathing heavily, shaking with hunger, fear, embarrassment and nervousness, sweating ever so slightly, his white teeth chattering but he was silent other than the teeth and the motions of his body.

"Tha-thank you, Eri." He said, his voice softer and holding less confidence than his brother's as he smiled and they stepped out of the hallway, he shivered slightly as he followed. He wasn't used to this, he wasn't even sure what to do. He was so, oh so confused which was odd considering his abilities were par-on-par with Prophet's. 'Where is she anyways?' He wondered to himself as he blinked out of his day dream, looking up to see a single finger on his forehead and a smirking image of himself. 'How can we be twins yet be so different?' He asked himself with in the confines of his mind, he envied his brother he was so strong, weak, he hated this and he wanted to know how to be like him and with his 'awareness' of the world he should know. He blinked out of his day dream once again to see himself following his brother this time, who gave him a worried look obviously wanting to ask what was wrong but stopping himself from doing so.

The two twins were unique, they weren't sterotypical but they weren't far from it, they were so different from each other due to what Rai had 'seen' at such a young age but they looked the same though you could tell who was who if you just looked for the nervous one. Rai got nervous around crowds while Erison thrived in them, Rai never got invited to places while Erison was a social butterfly, Rai always thought he would fail while Erison marched forward and carried them both knowing that Rai would succeed due to his intelligence but not worrying about himself and always caring for his brother, Erison was special, protective, he saw what had happened to Rai and he saw what had happened to his mind over time. Rai swallowed his nervousness once again, quite literally in fact, and kept on walking until they exited the warehouse, a black car was waiting for them. The car was a sports car, sleek and futuristic in design with room enough for two. Erison smirked while Rai just turned to his brother and stared. "No. No. No. No." He whimpered as his brother motioned for him to get in but he obeyed albeit grudgingly. "I hate you sometimes." He muttered, grumpily. He blew up to get rid of some stray strands of hair.

"I know Rai." Eri snickered as he turned on the car and peeled out of the abandoned alley they had parked in, grinning as he did so. He turned on some music and listened. 'You just gotta dream, dream, dream...' He nodded his head up and down and started whistling, attempting to hold in laughter as his brother punched his shoulder. He licked his bottom lip as he pulled into the street, well slightly off it, and looked at the hover cars and various other vehicles, flicking a switch and looking to the HUD and status monitor to see the wheels retracting and slowly transforming into something that could provide enough lift. The wheels of the car each had enough energy to propel it at 100 miles per hour and with the light frame of the vehicle, the absolute lack of wasted space and the additional engine and the fact it could go to hybrid it was capable of 600 miles per gallon. It was a supercar, obviously. He sighed as he pulled to a mansion and the car hovered down, the manor was utterly massive and had various areas around it with extra buildings, pools, yards for sports and even a private lake filled with rare, exotic fish and some local ones. He inhaled heavily and spoke. "We're here." He said looking to his brother and smiling as he got out of the vehicle, the wheels already having come back out once they lowered down. The smell of fragrant flowers hit his senses as he gazed upon the manor and exhaled sharply, waiting for his brother. "And so it begins." He stated simply before they both walked forward.

#1740 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Damn, you put some work into that. I hate to say no, but I have to for right now. I need work on this RP for a bit... get rid of players (that didn't sound nice like that) and move time forward a month of so.

That and the RP takes place in 3031 so MC3 is years away from even being designed let alone fielded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users