Ask The Devs 24!

285 replies to this topic

#241 Dieselpunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKansas (thankfully it's only temporary)

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

ffs, Devs... 13 pages of questions and you guys only answer about 20. It's probably time to close this thread and get to it, right? :)

#242 Void Malign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hello. I have the following question: Will the view from the cockpit slightly redesigned? For example, same Hunchback have a modification with far jutting autocannon on his right shoulder, this is reflected in the model, but in the game it is like simplified.Will such details of Mech reflected in the cockpit view for more realism, or everything will remain the same?
Sorry for my bad English. I hope you can understand my question.

#243 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Please answer at least one of these this time?

1: Solaris Battle Arena? I feel the ability to make a few bets would add some spiciness to the game. :)

2: Any future plans for Implementation of multi tiered drops? IE- Dropping a lance to perform specific missions which may take the group across multiple maps to complete it. Maybe limited repairs available etc?

thank you,

#244 Arithion

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I have a question about the Battlemechs we have been receiving and those that are already planned.

The question is why have you selected the current group of Battlemechs versus other ones we could have had put in?

There are I think at least, more iconic and better mechs for our map set. Battlemechs like the "Orion, Zeus, Bushwacker, Locust, Panther, Vindicator, Victor, Quickdraw, and Cyclops". Why not choose some of those mechs against what we already have?

#245 Nightsclaw

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Q1: Will the command console allow a second play to act as the commander in the same mech as another player?

#246 Nightsclaw

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Will it be possible to add a chat menu that has pre made text/spoken comment / commands for use by those that are not playing with voice coms?

Things like enemy sported with the grid ref, or calling for help or fire support on their target etc. This might help a lot with coordination with random groups.

#247 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostNightsclaw, on 12 November 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Will it be possible to add a chat menu that has pre made text/spoken comment / commands for use by those that are not playing with voice coms?

Things like enemy sported with the grid ref, or calling for help or fire support on their target etc. This might help a lot with coordination with random groups.

+10 to this question, i second it^^ that would do 2 jobs: help random players coordinate, and enhance immersion/ intension^^ i always liked those speech messages in games like battlefield

a simple "yes, we will add this in 5 years" would be great :)

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 12 November 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#248 Dexion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWestern Ma.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Q1: Any Chance of a Grand Dragon? Please? We only have 3 DRG variants, Would be nice to have options.

Q2. Machine Guns... Can we please get some direction on if they will be addressed soonish?

#249 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

When can we expect a network fix? Client based code would be a godsend.

#250 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostElder Thorn, on 09 November 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Are there any Plans to rework the out of Battle Frontend?
I am not talking about showing more stuts, but maybe get a fullscreen version (or at least, fixed window at full resolution, i'd actually prefer that) and for example having a general chat for everyone and more accessible private chats / group chats and so on?

Yes - a rework of that whole system is coming early next year (Jan/Feb). I expect this to be centered around the actual game 'launch'.

#251 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Not exactly a Dev but more of a Community/Web question, but ...

I know there exists some cool concept art for the Jenner, but sadly this picture has never been posted "clean" on the website. Would it be possible to expand the concept art section of the MWO homepage? Even beyond the Jenner, I am sure there are loads of cool sketches and drawings that are not yet posted there! :)

#252 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 09 November 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Huh? Gauss weighs 15 tons before ammo, to the LRM 20s 10 tons. It can blow up when damaged. It takes 2 additional crits, and a completely different hardpoint. It cannot fire indirectly like LRMs can. If it hits, it does so for less than half the damage of a full LRM volley (15 vs 20x1.7).

Gauss does not need to be nerfed. What *should* happen, and I've said this before, is to prevent the Cat K2 from mounting two of them as it can now. The canon mechs which can mount two Gauss, at least those announced for this game so far, all have reasonable disadvantages to off-set the presence of two such powerful weapons. The Cat K2, by having them both in the torso, is not really fairly balanced against those other mechs or in general.

Actually Gauss Cats are balanced when you consider they are in genral slow... Moving at maybe 58KPH tops. Not to mention that they are paper, a couple good hits on the torso and they drop fast.

#253 Kaox Veed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostTombstoner, on 12 November 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

Why is there such a strong adherence to TT weapons, when now is a great time to add to the lore and fix game balance in one stroke.

basically where are the missing weapons.... ac15, gauss10?

What i am proposing is making gauss not a single weapon but a specific category. one that embodies the properties of low heat generation, single slug concentrated direct fire damage.

For Auto-cannons let them fire a stream of multiple shots 5-6, this would convert auto cannons into a slashing weapon much like lasers. i love the sound auto cannons make great job adds a lot of enjoyment for me.

Single shot
all or nothing
low heat / with ammo
gauss - 2 this is the current ac-2
gauss - 5
gauss - 10
gauss - 15
gauss - 20

Multi shot tracers
distributed damage
low heat / with ammo
AC-2 current machine gun
AC-5
AC-10
AC-15
AC-20

This design concept can be carried over to energy weapons and fleshed out

Single shot
all or nothing
high heat - no ammo
PPC-2
PPC-5
PPC-10
PPC-15
PPC-20

Multi shot - beam
distributed damage
high heat / no ammo
small laser - 2
medium laser - 5

large laser - 10
huge laser - 15
WTF laser - 20

Next is ER for energy weapons and ultra variants for gauss and auto cannons
energy weapons get longer ranges with higher heat
ammo weapons get higher fire rates with jamming

There are already different versions of Gauss and PPCs in canon, as well as new lasers. Go read Sarna. They just don't show up for another 10-20 years in the timeline.

I completely agree with the burst fire change to autocannons, right now they are all just weaker versions of gauss.

#254 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostSable Hawk, on 11 November 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Force them to be mounted on the arms like the LRM's and Lasers..
Seems like a simple enough fix to me...

I won't mind facing the Gauss Kitty if I had a fighting chance.. but now the K2 can strip away an Assault's core before the Assault can really even take out one of the Gauss, let alone both of them. Put them in the arms and the K2 becomes vulnerable again. Still packs one heck of a wallop, but not the unrivaled menace it is today.

Why give the K2 another set of hardpoints when there is already scheduled to be a mech with the same tonnage and that exact layout (JagerMech)? Just restrict weapons to 2 sizes of hardpoints, which fixes a *lot* of borderline OP / boating configs, and be done with it :)

#255 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Will we be able to perform DFAs by the time the Highlander is playable?

Edited by Seth, 12 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#256 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 08 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

SLI when?

Yes, SLI/Crossfire ETA. Please. I really want to stop the 15-20 fps slumps already.

#257 Vultre9

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Will there ever be development on a Single Player/Co-op(PLEASE!!) aspect to MWO?

#258 CrayTrashfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKalidasa

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hey i got another question, Can we get a Binary Laser Canon to contend with gauss

#259 Metrocube

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Why does MWO use fractional accounting for armor weight, but rounds to the nearest half-ton for endosteel weight?

#260 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostMetrocube, on 12 November 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Why does MWO use fractional accounting for armor weight, but rounds to the nearest half-ton for endosteel weight?

battletech rules... and internal structure is not like armor, it´s a fixed value for a certain weightclass, not XX points per ZZ tons armor... a 65 tons mech will always have the same structural points as another 65 tons mech, other than armor which varies depending how many tons you put on it...

the structure is like the frame of a car... the basis for everything to put in and on it...

standard structure weighs mechtonnage/10... endosteel half that much, rounded up...

i you wanna see how the "structure points" are determined, see this link and jump to page 47...:D

http://de.scribd.com...5103-TechManual

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 12 November 2012 - 03:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users