Improvement Of The Spider 5K - A Suggestion

3 replies to this topic

#1 Skyfaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Devs,

The Spider 5K could use some improvements. I will put forth several different suggestions

Option 1: The speedy spider improvement.

1- Increase jumpjets to 12.
2- Increase speed gained per engine size in comparison with other spiders. A 20kph boost overall would be quite nice.

Reason: Makes sense to have the worst damage spider be the fastest & better jumping one. I mean, c'mon this is the one spider that has the absolute worse weapon loadout /dps build possible. Give it at least excellent maneuverability.

Option 2: The armored spider-Dakka

1- double armor values on this spider.
2- Replace energy weapon in CT with 3 more ballistic slots.
3- add 1 more ballistic slot per arm.

Reason: If its damage is to suck then at least let it be the one spider that can take the most damage and allow it to focus on ballistics. 9 MGs will make it a sort of mini-ballistic hunchback.

Option 3: Bazooka Spider

1- Remove energy weapon from CT and place it in Head slot.
2- add one 1-tube missile launcher on top of a spider's shoulder. LT or RT section.

Reason: Makes it the only variant with a missile weapon. it also allows for very interesting harasser combinations as a spider with machine guns, tag and an lrm/srm 5 or 10 firing single missiles at target.

Option 4: Jumpin' Dakka-Zooka Spider

1- Replace energy in CT with a single 1-tube launcher missile slot.
2- Add 2 MG per arm.
3- Add 4 more jumpjets (total :10)

Reason: a mix of all the above. increased ballistic slot since..well, MG's suck to deal damage; the missile launcher allows this mech to have versatility (though honestly I do prefer the missile to be in RT or LT just for the bazooka-in-shoulder look) and 4 more jumpjets to give this little spider some oomph.

#2 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

I don't agree with any of this.

I think it is fine as is.

It is a scout and support mech.

#3 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

You can't remove the center torso energy slot. Stock loadout and such.

#4 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I think the Spider 5K could use an additional energy slot in the left and right torsos (for a total of three), add 1 more to the center torso (for a total of two), or just replace the center torso energy slot with two energy slots in the left and right torso.

The mech is a challenge currently but I think it would be a little more viable this way.

Edited by TygerLily, 01 April 2013 - 03:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users