Claiming of Clans and IS Units

805 replies to this topic

#261 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

This is why I stand as a Lone Wolf

Claiming a "canon" MercCorp, or House regiment name, means nothing until you've won the same battles as them, or won any matches at all.

It's fun, its a game, and its about who claimed it first, that's all well and good for some - - - and to bad so sad for others.

but its this cat fight, that I wanted to avoid.

Remember there is 30 years of TT play, that created the story-lines, and Video story-lines you have read & played.

I was once told, that the Stackpoles, and Colemans ( an example only ) all participated in TT play, and that their game (TT) play helped form the story-lines, and characters in their books...I don't know if is fact, but having been playing TT, I can see it happening

EDIT!

OH Brilliant Idea!!!!!!!!!

Lets have Match play for the "rights" to Each House, Merc and Clan name

Winners walk away with the name, losers go find a new name

great way to have A Stress Test Beta session

HINT

Edited by Opus, 29 April 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#262 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Why just not launch two separate universes? One for the IS & one for the Clans. You solve lots of problems.

1. Clansmen get to start off as clansmen. I have never claimed to be anyone's spokesperson, so I am speaking for myself here. As someone who had to endure MW3, MW3:PM, MW4:V, MW4:BK & MW4:M, I really hate to have to play as another IS faction, whether it is a House, Merc or Lone Wolf. I want to be in a Clan, start in a sibko, take my Trial of Position (not trail people come on) & be assigned to a Binary/Trinary.

2. Doing so means that the time the Clansmen get accustomed to playing, they would learn the ropes of being a true child of Kerensky (zellbrigen & batchalls &trials oh my!). If you just came for the tech you will have to accustom yourself to how the Clans do things. which leads me to

3. Players starting off as Clan means, when the Clans are finally unlocked there is no mass Exodus (pun intended :P ) of people leaving Merc Units or Houses to be Clans.

Keep us separate until the invasion. Let both worlds work they way they are supposed to & let the invasion be as it was when we read the books & fell in love with the BT universe, a clash of two cultures.

I applied & have joined a Merc Unit as of now because I am not sure how much action I will see as a Lone Wolf. How does a Lone Wolf even factor into the equation? "Hey I have a mech, can I fight with your unit?" If two forces manage to run into each other & a firefight ensues, the Lone Wolf will stick out like a sore thumb. We have not even had a beta yet & I can already see two enemy units calling a momentary truce to pile on crossfire on a Lone Wolf, then resume hostilites once the annoyance has been dealt with.

You are creating a BT game, give us the Clans from the jump. Whoever wants to call this a rant can if they want to; if the :D they gave us means that when the Clans are FINALLY unlocked, players cannot join,run or manage Clans, I will leave the game immediately.If MWLL which is a damn MOD not a whole game, can give you the Clan option from the jump, why not a licensed, franchised, owns-the-right-to-make-thegame blah blah blah do the same?

We have been waiting YEARS for Clans & the only ones who would have gotten the experience are those who played & still play from what I hear, MW2. I am sorry but this is 2012 & walking polygons do not float my boat. I am not an honorless mercenary, why should I be forced to act as one? I informed my unit that as soon as the Clans are unlocked, I will be leaving.

I am Jaroth of the Alberty-Winson Bloodright, of Clan Wolf, avengers of Andery, followers of the Great Father & keepers of the Kerensky legacy.

EDIT: Completely left out the details pertaining to this specific thread. Apologies. As Clans hold Trials for almost everything. If different units of one particular Clan determines which sub units they would like to be a part of, they can also, if the situation arises, come to some sort of understanding as to who might be in charge of the Clan as a whole since Khans are elected, or hold Trials of Possession for specific sub-unit names if a particular sub-unit name is in dispute. Maybe or maybe not but starting off in our own universe will foster comradery, even with the inter-Clan or inter-unit rivalry.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 29 April 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#263 rafgod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Why shouldn't there be several groups of players calling themselves Clan Wolf or Kell Hounds? Heck, I ran Sea Fox for SL in MW3...which was a pirate unit. The threads started on the forums focusing on this clan or that merc unit or that pathetic bunch from Liao... it's just about reconnecting with old friends and/or starting a 'guild'.

None of which has anything to do with the actual factions in the game. If I want to start a Clan Ghost Bear with a bunch of chums from past gaming days, and associate my GB_s with the Draconis Combine in-game faction... Great!!

If you want to role play and quiaff and quineg yourself silly, go for it. Don't think it should have anything to do with in-game factions though.

#264 Kael Tropheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 282 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have not read the whole thing, but clans are not merc units. Clans will likely be handled like the houses are, they are factions. I am joining Clan Ghost Bear once clans become available. I do not know which unit I will belong to but I will be in a unit regardless of any munchkins that think they can claim an entire clan for themselves. It is a faction not a merc unit. I can see individual units within a clan being claimed. Thats fine and good and is the equivalent of claiming to be the GDL. Saying that you are the official Clan Wolf is like me saying I am House Davion.

#265 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

(In best Ben Stein voice)

Ekman......Ekman......Ekman.......Ekman.......Ekman.......Ekman.....Ekman.....Ekman.....Ekman.....

<_<

#266 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

Guys! Chillax; Big B is flying in from his vacation home on the other side of Terra... It takes a while! He hasn't forgotten and we Acolytes regular folks remind him so don't sweat it!

It'll get here when it gets here.

#267 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Pretty sure it's already been stated in a dev blog that names are first come, first served.

Same as the majority of planetary based leagues were.

And a reminder to the kiddies, just because you played DC, CGB, GDL whatever in a few ladders/leagues or during the TT doesn't mean that you ARE DC/CGB/GDL.

If you think it does, seek therapy.

#268 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 30 April 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Guys! Chillax; Big B is flying in from his vacation home on the other side of Terra... It takes a while! He hasn't forgotten and we Acolytes regular folks remind him so don't sweat it!

It'll get here when it gets here.

Man, a guy can't make a joke around here. <_<

I have not hear Chillax in a loooong time. Good one Mason :-)

#269 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 30 April 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Man, a guy can't make a joke around here. <_< I have not hear Chillax in a loooong time. Good one Mason :-)

*Looks at sig, starts laughing* HA so are you... on further more serious note, I get it.

#270 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 30 April 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

*Looks at sig, starts laughing* HA so are you... on further more serious note, I get it.

*Shrugs*

Everyone seems to be Dragoons around here, figured someone had to play the gnat nipping at their considerable heels <_<

#271 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Heh I am going to make The Lone Wolf Brigade! Then everyone can think I'm trying to be Clan Wolf, or Wolf's cast off Dragoons, but no, just mercs who stand head and shoulders above the rest alone, and together, they are gods of war!

Or something.

Either way this isn't a PvE game. There won't be 'Trials of Position' afaik. It's pretty much drop us into the grinder from day one <_<

#272 Kael Tropheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 282 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Agreed, no one should be in charge of any of the major factions as there is are no trial of positions that we are aware of. Not that being the head of a faction like any of the clans or houses has any real benefit other than in game prestige anyway. A merc leader obviously has the same job as a guild leader in any other mmo game.

#273 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Bryan is still recovering and Garth and I are trying to keep him from posting til he's better. We don't want him going on about waves of UrbanMechs fighting giraffes and unicorns. Please be patient... I'll bug him tomorrow.

#274 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 30 April 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Bryan is still recovering and Garth and I are trying to keep him from posting til he's better. We don't want him going on about waves of UrbanMechs fighting giraffes and unicorns. Please be patient... I'll bug him tomorrow.

Cool, thanks for that <_<

#275 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I HAVE CLAIMED COMSTAR AND HAVE REMOVED ALL OF YOUR BLABBER ABOUT CLAIMING LONE WOLVES. YOU SHALL BOW DOWN TO MY POWERS. ALL HAIL COMSTAR!

CAPS LOCK IS REALLY FUN WHEN EDITING SOMEONE'S POST!

Edited by Paul Inouye, 30 April 2012 - 05:08 PM.
Meh.. why not?

#276 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 30 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Since no one has done it yet... I claim leadership of the Lone Wolfs! As my first proclamation : all will go their own way and do their own thing and complain to me of none of it!

And We would not stand behind you in this claim... HA!

#277 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostOpus, on 30 April 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

And We would not stand behind you in this claim... HA!

U so jelly!

#278 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

I think it so funny how so many are trying to lay claim to units that we dont even know will be made available to us and THE CLANS of which no one even knows will even be playable. For all we know, they could be a major NPC threat that we wont be able to play. That probably wont happen but it would be funny to me it it did.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 30 April 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#279 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 30 April 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

I think it so funny how so many are trying to lay claim to units that we dont even know will be made available to us and THE CLANS of which no one even knows will even be playable. For all we know, they could be a major NPC threat that we wont be able to play. That probably wont happen but it would be funny to me it it did.

Clans will be playable. First they would **** off a good 1/3 of their player base by saying no playing Clans. Second it is a lot more resources to make a above standard AI for a PVE, as a Clan AI would need to be VERY detailed and well done. Third, refer to the first part.

P i s s cannot be said... well then :/

Edited by CoffiNail, 30 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#280 Trevnor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Is this really still going on? Really? Wow... I'm not sure if I'm impressed, or concerned....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users