Weekly Review - Nov. 16Th

13 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Weekly Review – Nov 16th

Firstly we had Monday as a national holiday over here, but I popped on Sunday to make sure we had a Remembrance Day post. Tuesday I added the 24th Ask The Devs answers. Then on Wednesday I linked up to the Mechs Devs and Beer #2 podcast, featuring our very own Russ – it created quite a stir too. Following that on Thursday we released the 25th Weekly Screenshot of our upcoming Mech, the Cataphract. We also saw the addition of the Violent Combat Robot Show to our podcast list, as well as the new Run Hot Or Die podcast, linked to here.

Big patch coming on the 20th too, who’s ready?

Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you all have a great weekend!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Bring on the patch! Then bring on moar patches!

#3 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 November 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Then on Wednesday I linked up to the Mechs Devs and Beer #2 podcast, featuring our very own Russ – it created quite a stir too.

A lot of people are wondering when you all will feel stirred enough to speak to our concerns.

Or are we just the vocal forum bunch that nobody really needs to pay any attention?

Posted Image

#4 Sellke

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Sorry to be contrary InnerShereNews; however, Remembrance Day is not actually a National Holiday in Canada. There is a push to make it so but it is not a National Holiday. Remembrance Day is widely observed; however, in some provinces such as Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba it is optional.

I am sure someone will fling stuff at me for this post...

Hehehe

Edited by Sellke, 16 November 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#5 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I feel there is an unhealthy divide present in the community/piranha atm and its not serving anyone.
Lets change the "game" between us up a bit. The current community is the battletech fans, yet for this game to flourish it needs to grow well beyond that. There is a lot of fear in that community that Piranha will make poor additions to grow the community, because they do need to make money. How we change that is not to call it wrong, its to take it up into our own hands. We've done gloriously so far in promoting a skilled game and I'm sure many of our suggestion have manafested directly into the game. Now we must raise our other hand and really focus on ways to grow the community without sacrificing our passion for a skill based game.

I'm calling out to everyone get to thinking, make posts, make topics, become active and passionate about growing the community. The time is now to focus and think about growth.

#6 Hakkukakt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationSuisse / Lausanne

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

hello ... yeah .. i'm right with the community need to grow ... but before that ... and it's more important i think ... it's that the game run smooth ... and actually that's not it .... so before appel for more people thtat's just go decepteive because the game is not run well ... please fix it

#7 cmopatrick

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Then on Wednesday I linked up to the Mechs Devs and Beer #2 podcast, featuring our very own Russ – it created quite a stir too.

this represents a true gift for understatement.

#8 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

We are already really active as a community posting on gamelpay improvements and suggestions. That is the extent of our power as players to make sure the game's bugs and balances get fixed and new features are implemented well. Really, it is in Piranhas hands to do the rest and we need to let go.

Our greatest power, what we are actually in the perfect position to make meaningful and positive improvement, is to begin to suggest how to best promote and make accesible the MWO gaming experience. Let the 3rd person feature be a wake up call to our lack of participation in this arena. We can always suggest how to improve the gameplay, yet in the same fasion we need to aknowlege and meet this new challege, lest Piranha figure it out on their own. If you want these changes to be changes YOU like, you got to get active, right now.

Edited by Thomas Covenant, 16 November 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#9 Hooover

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostThomas Covenant, on 16 November 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

We've done gloriously so far in promoting a skilled game and I'm sure many of our suggestion have manafested directly into the game. Now we must raise our other hand and really focus on ways to grow the community without sacrificing our passion for a skill based game.

MWO is not in its current state even remotely a skill based game.

Its a who has the most money (founder mechs, premium time, yen lo), best hardware (teamspeak vs. in game chat, lag, etc) and premade vs. pug with no force balancing in place game.

#10 Nuclear Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLa Isla Bonita

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Bring on the DX11 support -.-"

#11 Gunny McDuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostHooover, on 16 November 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

MWO is not in its current state even remotely a skill based game.
Its a who has the most money (founder mechs, premium time, yen lo), best hardware (teamspeak vs. in game chat, lag, etc) and premade vs. pug with no force balancing in place game.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on a fundamental level.
This game is not P2W, and if you think it is, I'm going to suggest you're not doing it right.

I'd say that good teamwork is the overwhelming factor among all of the things that you mentioned.

Not being part of a team, either a quick pre-made on the public TS server, C3-VOIP or whatever, or joining a Mercenary Corporation so you play with the same folks all the time, is overwhelmingly the greatest contributor to consistent winning.

We have plenty of members that aren't founders, lots of new guys that either got a beta key a while back and didn't feel like doing the founders program, didn't have any money to do it, or just found our group after Open Beta. Not having a Wang or a Founders whatever doesn't impede them in the least. It is playing as a coherent group that makes them, and us, consistent winners.

How would you suggest they balance that out?

Even if you were correct, and "richer" or "wealthier" players had an advantage, what would you like PGI to do in order to balance out real-life wealth that is reflected in game?

Edited by Gunny McDuck, 18 November 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#12 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Big patch coming on the 20th too, who’s ready?

So it's confirmed for the 23rd, gotcha. ;)

#13 no coast punk

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostAccursed Richards, on 18 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

So it's confirmed for the 23rd, gotcha. ;)

Don't forget about the hotfix on the 24'th and 25'th.

#14 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostHooover, on 16 November 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

MWO is not in its current state even remotely a skill based game. Its a who has the most money (founder mechs, premium time, yen lo), best hardware (teamspeak vs. in game chat, lag, etc) and premade vs. pug with no force balancing in place game.

LOL. Does you have no skillz? ;)

I would disagree strongly.. ..and the skill is directly related to teamwork. I have played rounds where i have rocked up 5 kills from team mates calling targets, risking their mechs to spot for the team, closing in and focusing fire on the most troublesome mech.

p.s. The yen lo is pretty average, i have a friend who is a non founder and they thought it would be a good idea to get one - they found it sucked and ended up just grinding up to get a hunchy which he is totally boss in! So, no founder, premium, wang and he is a highly skilled player in the mech he had to grind for.. ..go figure.

Edited by White Bear 84, 18 November 2012 - 06:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users