#1 Albeleo

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationShelton, Washington

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

A few days ago a strike of curiousity bit me in the *** like a pissed off tick, so I surfed the internet for about 5 seconds and found that mektek.net is back up! They have completely redone the entirety of their pages and are still, for free download, releasing Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries and their indie game Assault Tech 1: Battletech.

If you would like to download either of these games because you're just tired and bored of this game or just want more mechwarrior action then here is the link to their home page.

- http://www.mektek.net/index.php

Remember if you want to download these games you have to download their mtx software. Enjoy!

#2 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Know by chance where some of the map packs are? There used to be hundreds of maps, but I cant find them.

#3 MEGABOT 5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Graphics are just too ******. ;)

#4 Albeleo

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationShelton, Washington

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

To give an answer to both comments. One, no I do not know where the map packs are though I wish I did. Two, the graphics are bad haha but if you are having that really pixellated issue like I had earlier I actually just had to set the graphics up the way I wanted then I kicked the resolution, for the current monitor I'm using, down to 960 x 800 or something like that. It smoothed it all out.

#5 MEGABOT 5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I play on a 50" plasma from like 2 feet away, anything under 1920x1080 just sucks... but gaming at 1920x1080 with high AA in games like Skyrim or MWO... stunning. Add in a joint and I feel completely immersed!

#6 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

No matter how I try, I can't seem to even get MekTek's MW4 release working.

#7 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

The Mektek site never went down (besides a few server changes that didn't take long at all).

As for the map packs - they are, now, if memory serves, included in the basic MW4 free install, instead of as seperate downloads.

#8 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Does it have a multiplayer mode?

#9 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostZolthar, on 29 November 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

it probably does. the last time I played, wayyyyy back, Mektek had servers up. also some clans ran servers. there was a in game matchmaking system and an option to join games.

#10 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostZolthar, on 29 November 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yes, always was intended as multiplayer.

#11 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I remember trying to get into the multiplayer of this about a year and a half ago.

After not finding a single server that wasn't solely jump-sniping alpha strike mechs... I stopped playing.

#12 Gauzl

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

After a few attempts of reinstalling mektek client, im just stuck in offline mode and because of that i cant download anything.

#13 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

From the looks of it, the Free MW4 is dead. Not only did the Client not work, I saw messages where MekTek said they were discontinuing support in favor of their AT plans.

#14 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

see here:
http://www.mektek.ne...ws/a-new-era-r2

MekTek is working on their own game, it appears. But they very likely may have a different host for MW4, once this host presents itself.

#15 Mogyi

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHungary/Magyarország

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi! Anyone have any new info on the free MW4: Mercs release? It's damn near impossible to find a good install without MTX....

#16 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostMogyi, on 02 November 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hi! Anyone have any new info on the free MW4: Mercs release? It's damn near impossible to find a good install without MTX....
Sad isn't it?

I can't find anything either.

But we MIGHT get it back. Someone's trying to get free mw4 up again.

#17 LegoMasterBuilder

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of whatever 'Mech I have.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

I heard one guy say that he creates servers by connecting (not mekmatch, just connect) and then push the button add then puts a link to his server. I might try that. My server is called Beanie Phatom. The problem is that I don't know how to provide a link. Someone give me ideas! :P

and whatever happened to mekpak 4?

Edited by LegoMasterBuilder, 14 March 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#18 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostLegoMasterBuilder, on 14 March 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

I heard one guy say that he creates servers by connecting (not mekmatch, just connect) and then push the button add then puts a link to his server. I might try that. My server is called Beanie Phatom. The problem is that I don't know how to provide a link. Someone give me ideas! :D

and whatever happened to mekpak 4?

Yes, you can host a private server without the listing server... which will obviously only work as long as you all have the same patch version.

You get people into your server by giving them your public IP address (which obviously incurs some risk, duh). You will also most likely need to have your port settings setup correctly.

Mektek's work making the updates and patches for mechwarrior 4 is now lost to the public. Microsoft owns the mechwarrior video game IP and thus would have to re-authorize the sharing of the mektek patches and/or the "free release" of mechwarrior 4; and PGI would be, as far as I can tell, the people to get microsoft to get them to release said. There is no legal distribution of the mektek content anymore. It is legal to use if you got it when it was legal to download it.

Edited by Pht, 16 March 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#19 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Microsoft seriously needs to get off the mechwarrior license and let the older games be released by somewhere like GOG.

Would be great to see Mechwarrior 2-3-4 released by them and working fine on modern systems.

it's just upsetting that it's soo hard to obtain/get running some of these games for some people. And they really are great experiences online, if a bit frustrating at times.

And all of them have a better joystick experience than MWO.

#20 Verboten

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I got a little nostalgia and was trying to reinstall MechWarrior 2 Titanium edition, then I saw some screen shots and remembered just how bad it looks in comparision. It would be nice getting MW4 running though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users