Sig Request

168 replies to this topic

#61 Dunnardel

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFt. Stewart

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

• im looking for an angel standing with her wings spread in like medival armor of some sort thats red and black kinda skimpy with a sword stabbing down into a skull and above that the words "Angels of Death" kinda framing it, or a angel kinda layed out across a skull kinda like the old pin up art on the WW II airplanes. Anybody got any ideas or something similiar to this they are willing to share and help me out with? Its for a Logo to place on a mech and something similar for a signature

Edited by Dunnardel, 11 November 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#62 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

@Dunnardel

Will do. Got to Finnish a couple requests first.

----------
Sent from HTC smartphone

#63 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Dunnardel, Being a bit bored this evening, I thought I'd have a go. It's not quite what you described but it mostly is :)
I tried to do it in a Bawidamann style. It's not perfect, but it was fun! Hope you like.

Posted Image

Oh, and if you want the graphic without all the dirt, noise and background, just let me know.

Edited by Taliesin, 11 November 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#64 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

View PostTaliesin, on 11 November 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

Dunnardel, Being a bit bored this evening, I thought I'd have a go. It's not quite what you described but it mostly is :)
I tried to do it in a Bawidamann style. It's not perfect, but it was fun! Hope you like.

Kick rear picture

Oh, and if you want the graphic without all the dirt, noise and background, just let me know.

Problem is that is not 80p high. So he cannot use it as a sig.

#65 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Sure. It was intended to show off the design more than anything else. He wanted it as nose art as much as a sig. Certainly the design he describes is quite vertical and doesn't lend itself to a sig layout. It can be chopped up into a horizontal sig layout easily enough but I've spoken to him via PM and it's not really what he was after anyway, so I might have another go tomorrow if Grafix doesn't do it first. :) Right now, bed! Toodles!

#66 Dunnardel

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFt. Stewart

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

I think its pretty cool and great artwork I just didnt describe what I wanted well enough earlier, but I do like the artwork that you created from what I asked for and thank you for working on it! Much better than anything I could have created outside some circles and scratches on paper

#67 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

He should defiantly keep it around for when MWO goes live, even more so when they allow us to pay for uploading custom unit decals. I bet you could make a few C-Bills off auctioning that logo!

#68 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

Right then, Dunnardel. It started out as a bit of fun and now it's a challenge :)

I've done some rough poses and I think they're a lot closer to what you described. Which one works best for you? I've done them in a variety of positions. Both with the sword pircing the skull that you described in your original post and with the sword aloft as in your PM. I've done her standing with her feet at shoulder width as you requested too.
My personal feeling is that 1 and 4 are the strongest. 3, 5 and 6 are a bit flat. If she's going to sit on the skull I think she needs to be turned more to the side like my original image.

For the text, I imagine a scroll or banner over the top with Angels of Death written in it.

Again, this composition, being quite vertical doesn't lend itself to being used as a sig. It'd need to be pretty cropped.

Let me know what you think.

Tal.

Posted Image

Edited by Taliesin, 12 November 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#69 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Oh, and in the meantime...

Posted Image

#70 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

Nice freehand artwork there Taliesin. I don't have the freehand talent which is why I stick to computer imaging :)

#71 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, Graf. It's not as good as I'd like it to be. Bawidamann is the master! Still, practice, practice, practice, eh? :)
I usually work in 3D aswell (it's what I do for a living). I've not done much in the way of freehand illustration in recent years. It's nice to try it again, even if it's in Photoshop rather than with actual pencils.

Edited by Taliesin, 12 November 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#72 Dunnardel

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFt. Stewart

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

I like 1 and 4 the best I'd like to see her put both hands holding up the sword though and the freehand is awesome. Just toss some armored clothing on her some color and I think they are perfect! I found some images around the net I like but didn't wanna steal somebody else's art I'll try and send them in a pm to ya and would love to see what you could create that's similar to that. I think the sig you made is pretty awesome too. Thanks for your hard work they are all good. I can't wait to see what Graf makes

#73 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Okay, cool. PM me the links to those images. They'll help a lot. I guess I'll go with image 1 then as a pose.

#74 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Sig request from Wildwoman:

Option 1
Posted Image

Option 2
Posted Image

#75 SilkStalkings

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Ooo I want one too.

#76 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

View PostSilkStalkings, on 13 November 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Ooo I want one too.

helps if you identify what you would like in a sig :)

#77 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

I stole my current sig from someone else (sorry alizabeth).

I want a DCMS sig, but I also love the Orion battlemech (MPBT style), and would love to have one in it.
I'll let you have "creative freedom" on this one. Can you help me out?

Edited by GreenHell, 13 November 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#78 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

I would like one too, please. But it will be hard. I would like one from Jihad era in green, or blue color just with my name. And I would like it as most modern as possible (like the picture on the page 3 of this thread with Warhammer).

Thank you. :)

#79 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Here you go Dunnardel

Sig Image:
Posted Image

Nose Art:
Posted Image

Edited by Grafixâ„¢, 13 November 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#80 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Wow! Spot on! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users