Thanksgiving Day Surprise

210 replies to this topic

#61 Harbnger

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Heres a surprise they deleted the the PGI post announcing the the Hotfix and the Surprise! =)

#62 Amikal

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Decoding patch notes...

Be sure...to drink...your Ovaltine?

Ovaltine? A crummy commercial?

#63 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

So if anyone was wondering what the "fix" was, a quick glance over changed client files shows UAC5 stats changed from:
JammingChance="0.1"

to
JammingChance="0.25"

Enjoy your 25% jamming chance!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

#64 heimloss

Dezgra

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location日本

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostGrugore, on 22 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Well. I was gonna buy some anyway. If PGI want's to give me a discount, I won't complain. In spite of the bugs, I still enjoy this game. Instead of complaining, why don't you support the game? If you can afford to do so, it will help make the game better. Programmers don't work for free. And I know some of you will say they're doing a crappy job. To you I say, if no one supports it, it WILL fail because they ran out of money. That would be tragic.

Posted Image

#65 Sailor Moon Kerensky

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

You teased a black friday deal while people are all waiting on actual content... Are you guys kidding me? I can't tell if PGI is worse than Himler or if they are simply incompetent.

Edited by Sailor Moon Kerensky, 22 November 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#66 Lin Shai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Well. I was gonna buy some anyway. If PGI want's to give me a discount, I won't complain. In spite of the bugs, I still enjoy this game. Instead of complaining, why don't you support the game? If you can afford to do so, it will help make the game better. Programmers don't work for free. And I know some of you will say they're doing a crappy job. To you I say, if no one supports it, it WILL fail because they ran out of money. That would be tragic.

It's called throwing good money after bad.

I supported them by being a founder; not upset about that. I knew going in it was a gamble given PGI's track record (See their other games; they all suck).

But this? Seriously?

Surprise; you just got trolled by a game company.

It's not the "sale" that's the problem, it's that they appear to literally be completely disconnected from reality and their player base.

When you take down the servers after releasing a bug-ridden patch to an already broken game, you don't say "Oh and there's a surprise" and have it be asking people to spend more money.

#67 Gristle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN. E. Kentucky

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

UAC does jam a lot more. Why these wild swings in weapons?

And a surprise for PGI - I can't actually buy any MC if I wanted to. The "MWO / Profile /Credits" page doesn't have any way for me to buy MC!!.

#68 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

View Postheimloss, on 22 November 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Here's my holiday surprise for PGI:

Posted Image

Same for me If it was a deal for the lower price MC then i mite have jump on it. As is asking me for 99$ for a Beta and its Game cash is a NO DEAL.
You get more Money if the deal was for 6.95 14.95 29.95. But no you price it out of reach for most user. You seem to forget Family are shopping for Xmiss and the kids right now.

#69 Osiris1975

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

View Postsuperbob, on 22 November 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

So if anyone was wondering what the "fix" was, a quick glance over changed client files shows UAC5 stats changed from:
JammingChance="0.1"

to
JammingChance="0.25"

Enjoy your 25% jamming chance!

This is what they called a 'tweak'? A tweak would be from 10% to 15% chance. A 2.5x increase in jamming chance is a nerf. Just call a spade a spade.

#70 Lin Shai

• 2,401 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostDe La Fresniere, on 22 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

"Give us the price of an entire, brand-new game and we'll throw in some more MC" can't possibly be the surprise. I'm already on the fence with this game considering they absolutely refuse to fix critical bugs, if they're just going to throw insults on top of that...

There's gotta be some other thing we haven't figured out yet. This just can't be it.

It is, and they've now deleted the post where they stated that was the case.

Wow ... just ... wow.

#71 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostHarbnger, on 22 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Heres a surprise they deleted the the PGI post announcing the the Hotfix and the Surprise! =)

Well, there is nothing surprising about something going on sale around Thanksgiving. Really, that's about as far opposite of a surprise as you can get.

Meh, probably should not have used the word "surprise" in that post. :P

#72 xRiver

Rookie

• 6 posts

View PostLin Shai, on 22 November 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

PGI: When you find yourself in a hole the answer is to stop digging, not call for an excavator.

#73 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

View PostLin Shai, on 22 November 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

It's called throwing good money after bad.

I supported them by being a founder; not upset about that. I knew going in it was a gamble given PGI's track record (See their other games; they all suck).

But this? Seriously?

Surprise; you just got trolled by a game company.

It's not the "sale" that's the problem, it's that they appear to literally be completely disconnected from reality and their player base.

When you take down the servers after releasing a bug-ridden patch to an already broken game, you don't say "Oh and there's a surprise" and have it be asking people to spend more money.

You're complaining about getting a discount?

#74 Evostvo

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

My Mech turned into the Staypuff Marshmellow man, was the first thing i thought of when i heard suprise

#75 Kirreth

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near GMT+1

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

It's cool how this other thread was removed that quickly..

[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic.

As I stated before: No money until the major bugs are fixed.

#76 Dodger79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostHarbnger, on 22 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I don't know what to think of PGI if they are deleting their own threads as soon as criticizm rises. And in this case i think it is correct to criticize their behaviour of constantly emphasizing that this is not a release but a beta, announcing a surprise at a time maaaaaany players are waiting for a performance hotfix or to get rid of the ctd's and then it is a promotional deal for ingame currency. I mean, honestly...

#77 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Here's the surprise for PGI- it's too late to delete the comment.

The stinkbomb already went off.

#78 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Edited by Jman5, 22 November 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#79 multiplesanta34

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Well. I was gonna buy some anyway.  If PGI want's to give me a discount, I won't complain. In spite of the bugs, I still enjoy this game. Instead of complaining, why don't you support the game? If you can afford to do so, it will help make the game better. Programmers don't work for free. And I know some of you will say they're doing a crappy job. To you I say, if no one supports it, it WILL fail because they ran out of money. That would be tragic.
The game's had enough support, now it's time for them to finish the game before asking for more money.

#80 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

View PostGrugore, on 22 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

You're complaining about getting a discount?

Its really sad once you realize that is exactly what people are complaining about.
Oh well.. circle jerks are circle jerks

They never even implied that the surprise was content.
Everyone whos mad at this looks like a child and I'm actually embarrassed to say that I'm a part of this community.

You lot should be ashamed by how you're acting.

I for one, would like to believe that most of us aren't children here. But your attitude and actions suggest other wise.

Edited by MrPenguin, 22 November 2012 - 11:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users