#181 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 06 December 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

You were pugging it, where the ECM isnt coordinated...like...at all..

You would be sorted right quick if you played in 8 mans.
The whole thread is about PUG, read the first post maybe.

#182 MorgN

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostBiffAlexander, on 05 December 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Well, I think it is fine. How dare there exist a counter to LRMs and Streaks. How dare people have to pay attention to what is going on. Why dont we just make the game how you want it to be so you can be happy. Frankly, they will cater to you like they have in everything else because people who are happy say nothing, and haters will always hate.

There has always been a counter to LRM's and SSRM's, it's called cover and you should make use of it frequently. ECM or Electronic Counter Measures usually only apply to the vehicle/plane/ship that has one. I fail to see why in the year 3045 they suddenly affect an area with a 360 meter diameter. IMHO the RADIUS of ECM is what seems OP to me.

#183 MechZ1lla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationOver there. No. Over there.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

OP:

WTF are you on about?

I haven't played for 3 weeks, decided to (even though reading all the thread beotching and whinging really made me not want to), and didn't suffer a single bit-even actually won more pugs than I usually do.

So, tl;dr:

Yer high.

#184 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I love this chain of logic OP.. You realize that if you are complaining about something that , basically, affects everyone equally? Why does this ONE piece of technology suddenly make you unable to play.
You don't think that this affects the whole community , only you ?
And now ,(because everyone knows that 99.99% of players are premade, in fact you're the only pug in the entirety of MWO, right ?) suddenly making ECM available to a select group of mechs makes every team stronger except for the one you are on?

Sorry, but your explanation of why you don't like ECM just doesn't make sense to me.

#185 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostDivideByZer0, on 06 December 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

And now ,(because everyone knows that 99.99% of players are premade,

Um, say what?

#186 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

More things are gonna change down the road. There'll be more equipment that at that time will become FOTM as well. What ya gonna do? Whine about every new thing you don't like that's getting all the attention when it first comes out?

Not saying PGI isn't terrible with balancing $h|t. I've stopped playing the game (due to lack of content & bugs, not balance) so I don't know what it's like with ECM now, but it's probably not game breaking, even if it may be somewhat irritating. They did listen to everyone about the Jenner & the ECM gives its weaker counterparts more purpose now so wait a month or so after new "equipment" is introduced, see if the matches still seem to be the same miserable experiences you claim they are & if so, then give 'em some what for.

Edited by Freeride Forever, 06 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#187 Dafydd Gwynfardd

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Have to agree broke the game, too many ecms, I'm usually seeing 6-7 mechs per side.bad enough mech that were designed to run cool int he game now run hot, If it was one or two perhaps better. But then again I'm a 3025 purest when an AC 20 to the head ended the fight and not all LRMs hit.

#188 Miles Naismith

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'll narrow it down. No weapon system should be completely reliant on another to be effective. Period.

#189 Socket7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCapping your base

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

In pug games (IE: all of them that I play) I find ECM is not as much of a big deal for me as far as damage dealt.

The first day or so you still had a large number of LRM and SSRMboats hanging around, and being outside the ECM bubble meant getting ripped to shreds (Being out in the open is ALWAYS asking to be torn to shreds by LRMs). Once missile boats found themselves completely gimped by ECM, preventing them from firing any weapons at all, the players using them swapped their builds around to include non locking weapons. the SSRMboat has turned into the SRM6 boat (which is arguably more formidable in the hands of a pilot who can aim) and LRM boats have dropped significant numbers of missile launchers in favor of lasers and other weapons they can use when encountering ECM. This makes my life easier, and I don't even need ECM on my team.

I don't care if my enemy has ECM. I don't use LRMs or SSRMs, so ECM never prevents me from firing. My Lasers and SRM's and autocannons are not effected by ECM in any form.

What ECM does change for me is I need to rely much more on my MK1 eyeball to spot targets rather then the map. I kinda like this. At times it seems silly to have a big red triangle appear above targets you can't even see yourself.

I like ECM. It's fun. My Hunchbacks can slaughter the swarms of new Ravens and Commandos, and their ECM provides them no protection. It's a nice thing to have on my team as well, but teamwork trumps not showing up on radar. It's not like ECM actually cloaks the mech. You can still SEE the giant war machine standing right there and shoot it in the face.

Edited by Socket7, 07 December 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#190 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostMorgN, on 06 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

There has always been a counter to LRM's and SSRM's, it's called cover and you should make use of it frequently. ECM or Electronic Counter Measures usually only apply to the vehicle/plane/ship that has one. I fail to see why in the year 3045 they suddenly affect an area with a 360 meter diameter. IMHO the RADIUS of ECM is what seems OP to me.

Sorry, but that is not true. ECM devices are not restricted to single vehicles or/plane/ships. A Vehicle carries the ECM device but they are constructed to not only protect the own vehicle but to protect the complete unit, platoon or division.

We can discuss about the radius of ECM which is a point to buff or nerf the usage of ECM but honestly I don't see it as a problem at the moment from a tactical perspective.

#191 ryoken12

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

ECm has as of right now ruined the game for me. I am glad i did not activate my prem yet. Not going to until Beta is over, and if ECM is still this fracked up? Not even then. I will just quit. If i could sell my account? I would right now, as this game was ruined for me with this" more ECM wins" crap. Played 12 games last night. Every game was won by the team with more ECM. I do not call that a coincidence. It is run ECM, or lose right now.

#192 Dukov Nook

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostMiles Naismith, on 06 December 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'll narrow it down. No weapon system should be completely reliant on another to be effective. Period.

Tell that to Radar tracked missles or laser guided bombs

#193 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

So all the "normal" players do nothing but sit back and shoot missiles all dayvlong?

#194 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Man with this new ECM update its become alot more fun...now its more like going round a corner and "Oh Sheet!" moments when you realize theres the entire enemy team, before it used to be look for the red arrows

#195 Vassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Invisibilty cloaks for 45' tall robots running on 20 ton fusion engines.

Really makes sense when you think about it...

Edited by Vassa, 07 December 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#196 Wurfel

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

View Postryoken12, on 07 December 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

ECm has as of right now ruined the game for me. I am glad i did not activate my prem yet. Not going to until Beta is over, and if ECM is still this fracked up? Not even then. I will just quit. If i could sell my account? I would right now, as this game was ruined for me with this" more ECM wins" crap. Played 12 games last night. Every game was won by the team with more ECM. I do not call that a coincidence. It is run ECM, or lose right now.

This!

It has become a lot more tense and I love the "Suddenly Atlas" moments, I have to agree that it might be an even steeper learning curve for beginners though...

For me it drastically changed the gameplay and I like it.

#197 The Last Blade

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hi,

please change something with the ecm, the game is just no more fun. It is only hug the ecm mech ang hope your team has at least two of them, so one maybe won't suck. At the end mostly it is team with more ecm wins. And by the way you mostly see just altas dc-c and ravens out there not so much fun anymore :)...

I am always playing Hunchback - No streaks but the game like this is just not fun anymore. As long as you play as a PUG your more screwed than before. And if you are a new player you feel like the game really sucks.

this is the way the game will just be for a small hardcore group and will just vanish over time. Very sad.

I am open to any hint how to play as a pug and have fun again. But at the moment I have no clue.

A very sad BT Fan who really liked to play :D.

Cheers

TEARS OF STREAKCATS SO DELICIOUS!!!

#198 Inappropriate1191

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

I love ECM. The way it forces PUGs to stick together, and start working as a damn team has made it far more tactical and interesting. Streaks and LRMs are far from useless, they just have to invest in more electronics and play smarter. I still see people get torn apart by streakcats and LRM boats when they play stupid (And it's still pretty common), or when a team spreads itself too thin.

I think this game will be far better once the CoD-fapping f**kwits have been weeded out so they can go back to their regenerating health and 'special forces' shooters like the prissy, whiny little f**gots they are.

#199 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostVassa, on 07 December 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

Invisibilty cloaks for 45' tall robots running on 20 ton fusion engines.

Really makes sense when you think about it...

Its called heat vision

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users