We Finally Get 8Vs8....

39 replies to this topic

#1 Phantomewzick

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

And i cant find a single group on either comstar TS's to do an 8man with, is everyone afraid their precious K/D will go down? Afraid you will LOSE a match or five?

Seriously, this is NOT an E-sport game, and likely never will be, your "stats" mean NOTHING here.

P.S. While i am currently in a clan, they also seem unwilling to risk doing 8-mans, so i am very much considering leaving, and im looking for a clan/group of players that are willing to play with the big dogs, and try new strategies and tactics out.

#2 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yes, as a matter of fact, they are afraid their stats will go down.

#3 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Try what we did to have fun in 8mans.

Get everyone in crappy shitmechs, dragons, centurions, awesomes, whatever, nothing actually "good", maybe 1 Atlas, no ECM or lock on missiles at all if you can help it.

Make sure everyone goes at 80kph or so, and then just bumrush everything, focus fire and call primaries of course, and stick together.

It works surprisingly well.

#4 Tasorin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 825 posts
  • LocationCartman 3050 HQ

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

KaoS Bukak-a-thon.

You will know it when it happens to you.

#5 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

They're all too busy trying to funk over us pugs by synch-dropping 4-mans.

#6 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostTasorin, on 10 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

KaoS Bukak-a-thon.

You will know it when it happens to you.

i support KaOS for being manly men who don't give no tacticool excuse, or play like sissies.

#7 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I've played at odd hours because of work, and sometimes it's hard to get a team together that is going to be around for more than a couple drops without people leaving the room and not having enough people/trying to pull people from other groups. What I can't wait for is Phase 3, where you actually can run 5/6/7 player groups.

-k

#8 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Beware though, if you do 8mans, most teams just try to basecap rush and don't actually want to fight.

Since baserushing is a good way to show off their pro-elite MLG skillz, you see, and if you dare question the crappy gamemode they will tell you to l2p.

Be prepared for teams fielding 4 or more lagshielded invulnerable ECM light mechs who just run for your base.

#9 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Go to www.teamcored.com. We run 8 man regularly. If you run in my group you can bring what you want. We are quite successful and have more fun then the 2/0/3/3 groups 3/0/0/5. Also we engage so don't worry about sitting on your hands for 15 minutes.

Edited by PropagandaWar, 10 December 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#10 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

If you recognize the team from dropping before, you can always wait for their ECM lights to arrive and the "light" em up. Pun intended. You don't always have to be on base directly, but somewhere you know they must pass.

-k

#11 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 10 December 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

If you recognize the team from dropping before, you can always wait for their ECM lights to arrive and the "light" em up. Pun intended. You don't always have to be on base directly, but somewhere you know they must pass.

-k

This is pretty much what we do if we recognize 'em, yes.

It's still lame though.

#12 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

8vs8 introduced.majority(speculation because i can) of teams would rather continue to play pugstomp easy mode cbill farm online instead of risk a challenge/losing.surprise! only not really.

#13 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

I love 8 man fighting. It's alot more disciplined over all than the average pug fight.

I like pug fighting too, I like the more common whirling and slashing that goes on in pug fights.

Game would be alot more awesome though if it was somewhere between 8v8 and pugging though.

#14 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostMavairo, on 10 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

I love 8 man fighting. It's alot more disciplined over all than the average pug fight.

I like pug fighting too, I like the more common whirling and slashing that goes on in pug fights.

Game would be alot more awesome though if it was somewhere between 8v8 and pugging though.

We used to see a lot of guys doing 8 manz, but they were gradually phased out for the usual suspects, while almost every single 1337 crew went to 4 manz or synched 8 manz to maximize stomping.

Lately, there's been an influx of pub dudes making make-shift teams on teamspeak/vent/skype/whatever, and dropping in to test their might, which has been fun. A lot more faces appeared with ECM.

#15 Operant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

It's ******** finals week. Give it a rest. There are plenty of us playing 8v8.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostPhantomewzick, on 10 December 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

And i cant find a single group on either comstar TS's to do an 8man with, is everyone afraid their precious K/D will go down? Afraid you will LOSE a match or five?

Seriously, this is NOT an E-sport game, and likely never will be, your "stats" mean NOTHING here.

P.S. While i am currently in a clan, they also seem unwilling to risk doing 8-mans, so i am very much considering leaving, and im looking for a clan/group of players that are willing to play with the big dogs, and try new strategies and tactics out.

I haven't done more than a 4 man drop on the MWO TS, But i'm pretty sure there are a few private TS servers where players are launching 8 mans.

View PostVassago Rain, on 10 December 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yes, as a matter of fact, they are afraid their stats will go down.
Strong assumption Vass. maybe you are right about those on ComStar, but Murphy's drops as 4 man and 8 man teams often. We even PUG if there are not enough to form full teams.

K thx.

#17 Lin Shai

• 2,401 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

PGI creates another broken system/mechanic that ends up sucking, disappointing their customers and bad PUGers still complain about people with friends who they rarely actually play against.

Film at 11.

#18 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 December 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

I haven't done more than a 4 man drop on the MWO TS, But i'm pretty sure there are a few private TS servers where players are launching 8 mans.

Strong assumption Vass. maybe you are right about those on ComStar, but Murphy's drops as 4 man and 8 man teams often. We even PUG if there are not enough to form full teams.

K thx.

I have thousands of games logged. Hours daily. At this point, I'm pretty sure my metrics are better than PGI's. But I wouldn't take them as gospel.

But when I get two 8 manz in a row, against the same exact guys, that tells me something's up. This got pretty silly last night, when we were fighting two groups twice each in very short order.

#19 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 December 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

K thx.

It's just a hypothesis based on observing the game.

When we 8man we often run into the same teams over and over, suggesting that there are not very many 8man teams out there, and it is taking much longer to find a match than it did when 8mans first came out, in fact we've gotten "Failed to find match" a few times now.

#20 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 10 December 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

It's just a hypothesis based on observing the game.

When we 8man we often run into the same teams over and over, suggesting that there are not very many 8man teams out there, and it is taking much longer to find a match than it did when 8mans first came out, in fact we've gotten "Failed to find match" a few times now.

We get the same team back to back a few times, but that makes some sense since we're both exiting our previous match at the same time and are probably launching near-simultaneously.

Overall, I'm not surprised that the Comstar channels are wimping out. It's a real shame, since 8v8 is a hell of a lot more fun than Pug'ing or pubstomping. I'm sure there are plenty of corps out there taking in new people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users