Preston's Lancers Recruiting

170 replies to this topic

#1 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

Looking for Adventure, Glory and the chance of Honorable Service to House Liao?

Looking for a unit that is team-oriented, objective-focused and friendly?

Then look no further, because someone wants you:

Posted Image

Preston's Lancers is the last fully independent regiment of the CCAF, and one of the premiere commands based in the Capellan Commonality. They stand as a bulwark against Davion aggression, and are eager to avenge their sister units lost in the 4th Succession War.

If you are ready to take a stand against the FEDCOM menace, report to your nearest recruiting office.

http://prestons-lancers.enjin.com/

NOTE: Preston's Lancers operates on Greenwich Meantime, new applicants should be aware of this. Though applicants are not limited by geography they should be aware of this possible conflict in scheduling.

The unit is under the leadership of Howling Mad Murdoch, also known as Tenk, though I'm providing support to the unit, similar to how I support Blackburn's Raiders.

#2 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Hi All,

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions in regards to the unit :P
Thanks for supporting the Unit Hayden.

#3 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Great, thanks!
one question, can we trust a non house Liao to host it? :P

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

View Posthydrix, on 21 May 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

One question, can we trust a non house Liao to host it? :P

Well, the Howling Mad Murdock covers it. But Hayden is a Capellan too. He just disagrees with authorities and lives in St.Ives. ;)

#5 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

View Posthydrix, on 21 May 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

Great, thanks!
one question, can we trust a non house Liao to host it? :P

Im hosting the site/unit, Hayden is helping out with the materials, he's been really good so far with the posters and info ;)

#6 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

So you'e going to make a mercenary unit fighting under House Liao, then? :P

#7 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostAdridos, on 21 May 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

So you'e going to make a mercenary unit fighting under House Liao, then? :P

No No Preston's Lancers are a Liao Unit not a Merc Group, they are in fact the last remaining Unit of House Liao as all the others have been destroyed during the wars.

#8 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

Is there any other info or ackstory to it? I can't seem to find anything on sarna or the web.

#9 Lio Lio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport News Virginia

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

but your recruiter seems to be a Kuritan infiltratior...is your supply officer a Davion? :P

#10 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 21 May 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Is there any other info or ackstory to it? I can't seem to find anything on sarna or the web.

Very little info on Preston's Lancers, I thought that by creating the Unit we can Make History! There is some vague information about them winning a battle and that it is a Veteran Unit of skilled warriors.

View PostLio Lio, on 21 May 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

but your recruiter seems to be a Kuritan infiltratior...is your supply officer a Davion? :P

Ha, I probably should have posted it myself, Hayden is helping out with posters etc, he loves all the history and back story of Mechwarrior.

Edited by Howling Mad Murdock, 21 May 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#11 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

ok, after doing some real searching I found this.... some of this article is about Preston's Lancers (well a fair bit considering there seems to be virtually no info about them :P )

"Capellan Lancers (12 regiments)
Overview: Several times throughout its history the Confederation has recruited line military units from specific worlds. This whole scale conscription seems arbitrary and ill-conceived to foreigners who individually elect to join the military. In Capellan society such efforts are considered the norm as the individual rights are less important then the well being of the whole. The Lancer Program fosters a special camaraderie among its participants who have the high honor of being chosen to serve the state. Their world is also rewarded with service benefits and recognition which provide significant boosts to the locale economy. Potential aspirants, often Home Guard units, train along senior Lancer formations like the 1st (Preston) Lancers. The 1st claims to have instructed many illustrious Capellan units like the Red Lancers and the St. Ives Lancers. Many groups across the nation have tried to become Capellan Lancers but few who do succeed. Graduate units either stay with the Parent Formation and become teachers themselves or go onto serve in other Line Formations. As such they are Liaos version of training cadre essentially serving up feeder units for the Confederation military.
Inspiration: Blackwind, Preston (appearing in the HLSB and the Succession War board game their appearance in BTSD is homage to those limited sightings), and many other Capellan Lancers served as my muse here as I took the Confederations mass recruitment efforts to heart.
Child Units: Capellan Lancers are typically numbered and named for their world of origin. Known members would be the 1st (Preston) Lancers and the 14th (Zurich) Lancers. Possible graduates could be the Red Lancers, St. Ives Lancers, 21st Centauri Lancers, etc.
1st (Preston) Lancers would keep much of the history I was assembling for that Formation. The world of Preston is located just above Sian in the Capellan Commonality. This proud member of the Confederation along with its fanatical soldiers has played a historical role which few can surpass. Their constant efforts to showcase these facts have earned them the derision of many outsiders and even some Capellans. While critics are only to happy to point out that Preston and its Lancers are in decline this doesn't deter the True Servants of the Confederation in the least. Traditionalists in the strict sense they are slow to adapt new ways but they know what works and are experienced warriors."

Edited by Howling Mad Murdock, 21 May 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#12 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Technically (since he's from St.Ives, he is a Davion... ;)

View PostHowling Mad Murdock, on 21 May 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

No No Preston's Lancers are a Liao Unit not a Merc Group, they are in fact the last remaining Unit of House Liao as all the others have been destroyed during the wars.

I meant the fact that game may not support house units. ;)

#13 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostAdridos, on 21 May 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

I meant the fact that game may not support house units. :(

Oh I see, well hopefully they will include something for it at some point, there are other Units recruiting on the forums and if the Mech customisation is affordable people can wear the units colours and organise game sessions together :)

#14 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Even if they don't support player-made House units right away we can just sign up as House Liao or CCAF or whatever general Liao association they intend and wear Preston's Lancers decals ingame. Essentially the way in which any gaming clan works.

#15 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

but your recruiter seems to be a Kuritan infiltratior...is your supply officer a Davion? :)

No, I'm a representative of Amphigean Agriculture's Military Contracting division. Amphigean Agriculture, which is indeed based out of the Draconis Combine, is pleased to offer it's services to an ally of the dragon, and indeed we have numerous operations in the Confederation, both civil and military in nature. In this particular case, I'm on extended contract to provide advice and assistance Preston's Lancers' recruiting drive, with the possibility of further services down the line.

(a little RP here :()

#16 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

very well, I'm currently a trainer for home guard units. It would indeed be an honour to be chosen to fight with the Prestons, if chosen.

#17 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Posthydrix, on 22 May 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

very well, I'm currently a trainer for home guard units. It would indeed be an honour to be chosen to fight with the Prestons, if chosen.

Please head over to our website and register for recruitment :P

#18 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Bump

Posted Image

#19 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostHayden, on 22 May 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Bump

Posted Image

That's now on Preston's Lancers site :D Good Work Hayden

#20 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

That is f*cking sweet! Reminds me of the flightsuits on the old Battlestar show, in a good way of course, not the cheesy 70s way. :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users