• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Glass Cannon, Literally.

117% Firepower (205 out of 175)
Upgrades: Double Heat Sink

Total Heatsinks: 12 DHS
Armor:
Head: 0 (It's already pretty hard to headshot a stalker)
CT: 20
RT: 20
LT: 20
All rear armor: 0 (You're as good as dead already if something gets behind you. Better take down an enemy assault before the lights get you.)
Arms: 18 each
Legs: 0 (Who legs an assault? Besides, they'll be too busy taking down your cardboard torso armor after they realize how flimsy it is.)

Slots:
Head: Nothing.
Right Torso: 1 LRM 20 / 2 DHS
Left Torso: 2 LRM 20
Center Torso: 1 Med laser. Standard 200 Engine
Right Arm: 1 LRM 20 / 2 Med lasers / 1 DHS
Left Arm: 1 LRM 20 / 2 Med lasers / 1 DHS
Legs: 3 tons LRM ammo

*Note #1: Standard 200 only requires 2 extra sinks.
You could give up to 2 sinks for 2 more tons of ammo or give up 1 ton of ammo for more sinks (Wouldn't make sense to give up 2 tons of ammo as then you'll only has a ton of LRM which will disappear too quickly.)

*Note #2: XL engine was not used as you wouldn't be able to fit 2 LRM20s in the left torso.

Final result:
205 damage alpha strike. Enough ammo for 5.4 Alphastrikes. (180 x 3 = 540/100 = 5.4)
For a brief glorious moment, you will has the power of three LRM catapults or two LRM awesomes...while your own mech cooks from the sheer awesomeness of itself.
*Note, please try to choose the slowest and/or most ignorant mech you can find as your target & also to attempt to get into ~300 meters in order to take full advantage of the med lasers & LRMs. *Hence the standard 200 rather than a standard 100 engine*
Posted Image

Edited by MagicHamsta, 19 December 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#2 Orgasmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

So this thing will explode if somebody coughed at it?

No thanks.

#3 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

5 LRM 20's

3 tons of ammo

#4 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostOrgasmo, on 19 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

So this thing will explode if somebody coughed at it?

No thanks.

Aye, it wouldn't be much of a "glass" cannon otherwise.

Well, you could downgrade the LRMs, take off a few lasers, and put them to armor....
But then it wouldn't be made out of the glass anymore.
So, no.

View PostAshnod, on 19 December 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

5 LRM 20's
3 ton ammo

Aye, and that + 5 med lasers would be the "cannon" part.
Compromises had to be made.
Besides, it wouldn't have as ridiculous an alphastrike if me downgraded weapons.
(^.^)

Edited by MagicHamsta, 19 December 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#5 AvatarofWhat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAntares

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

take off the mediums, add ammo. Always indirect fire support, never show your face...

maybe for ***** and giggles. Btw, do you overheat with every alpha?

#6 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostAvatarofWhat, on 19 December 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

take off the mediums, add ammo. Always indirect fire support, never show your face...

maybe for ***** and giggles. Btw, do you overheat with every alpha?

Aye, this is just a build to screw around. (Me don't employ LRMs at all in my main mechs.)
& if the following post be correct, surprisingly no an alpha shouldn't overheat.
Will need to test in game to confirm....after me get a spotter.
xD

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1629327
Referenced Ohm's guide for the heat numbers.
Guy ran 6 LLs (6 x 7 = 42 heat), gets ~60% with alpha.
This build is 5 LRM20s (5 x 6 = 30) + 5 MLs (5 x 4 = 20) = 50 units of heat
Even if me assume the guy exaggerated and it was actually 70% then that leaves me with a heat ceiling of 60.
(80% would give me a ceiling of 52)

Although me am not one to put my faith in a single post on the internets.

Me figured 4 ERPPC Cicada was hilarious, so why not see how wonky a stalker me could make.

Edited by MagicHamsta, 19 December 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#7 Herrick

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hampsta I really REALLY wanna see this in game.

#8 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

I have a catapult A1 with 6 lrm15's. It may sound funny at first and you think you are gonna one shot everyone with a full barrage, but the reality is not quite that. You will move like a snail. You are gonna be at around 60-70% heat from an alpha. And as it's "lightmech warrior online" out there atm with everybody and their mother running ecm raven/commando, you will be focused down quickly by a ecm light that wonders in. Also the firepower isn't as great as it sounds. LRM's just spread so much that you will need several alpha volleys to kill or even destroy components, and as you overheat so easily and cooldown so slowly, well, you can see where that is going; to your sad death.

#9 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Oh my. Although you could drop the last LRM20 to a wimpy LRM15 and slide in 3 more tons of ammo. But I would understand if you wanted to keep the purity (insanity) of the build.

#10 Regina Redshift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

MagicHamsta... I've dropped with you before. You are every bit as crazy in the 'mech lab as you are in the battlefield.

I like you.

#11 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 20 December 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Also the firepower isn't as great as it sounds. LRM's just spread so much that you will need several alpha volleys to kill or even destroy components, and as you overheat so easily and cooldown so slowly, well, you can see where that is going; to your sad death.

The firepower actually be quite powerful if used properly.
The trick be to use the lasers @~300 meters to crack open the armor & allow the LRM volley to strike the weakened CT/head/side torsos.
& LRMs at that range appear to receive a bonus to convergence compared to shooting at a target say, 950 meters away.

And aye, while it would be sad if me died without taking anyone with me, it be hilarious when me do.

View PostArchwright, on 20 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

MagicHamsta... I've dropped with you before. You are every bit as crazy in the 'mech lab as you are in the battlefield.

I like you.

Go for the eyes optics Archwright, go for the eyes optics!~

#12 ComradeK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Mother-Russia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Insane build!
Put TAG instead of medium laser. It`ll helps you to lock on targets under ECM and provides more missiles to hit the target with LOS on it.

#13 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Why don't you replace the LRM20's with LRM15's+Artemis, since you're trying to fire them from 300m anyway? I think that would allow you to use an XL engine after all, fit more ammo, and use less ammo per salvo.

[EDIT] I'm not trying to critique this like it were an actual build. I just think it would be just as hilarious to have 5 LRM15s as 5 LRM20s, and that no one is even going to notice if you only fire 5 times. Quintuple LRM15's with Artemis will probably pop somebody in two salvos anyway, and if you drop down and take XL you can fire them 12 times while still being afford enough armor (I hope) to stay alive before you run out of ammo. Best of luck :)

Edited by Jaynestown, 21 December 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#14 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

This literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

#15 Jal

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

You do realize that the one missile hardpoint is a narc tube and fires 1 missile at a time, right? That sorta mitigates the ammo issue because it takes forever to fire 20 missiles out of one tube, but still.

Also LRMs are terrible, but that is not the point of this thread.

#16 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostMagicHamsta, on 19 December 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Legs: 0 (Who legs an assault? Besides, they'll be too busy taking down your cardboard torso armor after they realize how flimsy it is.)

I have no doubt you'd get some kills with all that firepower, but I know I'm not the only person who checks HUD readouts on targets. When on of us sees you have no outline around your legs, that's all we're going to shoot.

Well, except for folks who can get your back!

^_^

Edited by Bagheera, 23 December 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#17 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostBagheera, on 23 December 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

I have no doubt you'd get some kills with all that firepower, but I know I'm not the only person who checks HUD readouts on targets. When on of us sees you have no outline around your legs, that's all we're going to shoot.

Well, except for folks who can get your back!
^_^

*Le sigh*
Fine, strip the arms down a bit more & place said armor on the legs to make it look like it has armor.
*rollseyes*

#18 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostHerrick, on 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

Hampsta I really REALLY wanna see this in game.

I was totally in a round of his and watched a 20-second shutdown after a full volley of LRMs. Needless to say, this is a hilariously awesome build. If you and a buddy who knew what he was doing with TAG dropped together, you could seriously **** some kids up.

#19 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 24 December 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

I was totally in a round of his and watched a 20-second shutdown after a full volley of LRMs. Needless to say, this is a hilariously awesome build. If you and a buddy who knew what he was doing with TAG dropped together, you could seriously **** some kids up.

Oh lol. Was that in caustic? (>.<)'
Aye, me had to swap out a med laser for tag.
(>.<)

Tis a hilarious way to ruin the day of just 1 or mayhaps 2 mechs.

View PostJal, on 23 December 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

You do realize that the one missile hardpoint is a narc tube and fires 1 missile at a time, right? That sorta mitigates the ammo issue because it takes forever to fire 20 missiles out of one tube, but still.

Also LRMs are terrible, but that is not the point of this thread.

And aye, me launch it when me see AMS mechs behind cover lol.

Edited by MagicHamsta, 24 December 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#20 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I always find extreme builds facinating. I've actually seen this mech (or something close) in action and it's quite amusing when it works. Most of the time though it's just not practical :ph34r:

Here's a link to a more practical LRM Stalker

Stalker 5S - 4 LRM15 4 ML TAG - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2ce3f04756dc805

Very heat efficient if you're not firing the lasers and missiles at the same time. Maintains 4 ML for poking at things that get close or when it runs out of ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users