Do You Want Clan Tech In This Game?

46 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Want Clan Tech In This Game? (118 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Want Clan Tech In This Game?

1. Yes, bring on the omni mechs with no hardpoint limits! (62 votes [52.54%])

Percentage of vote: 52.54%

2. No, IS mechs with hardpoint limits are more fun! (33 votes [27.97%])

Percentage of vote: 27.97%

3. I really don't care... (5 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

4. Yes, I want stock variants only, non-customizable Clan mechs! (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

5. Yes, but seperate clan and IS games (8 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 December 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Sure.

With a great big BUT added to that tho......

I want to fight them. I want the Dev's to set up and Control the Invading Clans, and for the first year or so, have the Clan Mechs ONLY available to members of those "Clans". Then have them slowly trickle into GenPop, costing obscene amounts of MC ONLY

so you WANT the game to be pay to win?

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 December 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

and you and I both know it's coming, ReSpawns.

yah its called dropship mode
where you take 4 of the same broken mech into the fight.

#42 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

The Clans have no place in the initial stages of this game, and certainly none in Beta. Therefore, this 'poll' has no value and no point. After the game launches and has been running for a time without problem, -then- it might be ready for Clans as an NPC force, and much later as a playable option, but not until the IS tech has reached parity.

#43 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 21 December 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

so you WANT the game to be pay to win?

yah its called dropship mode
where you take 4 of the same broken mech into the fight.

Better that than everyone and their uncle driving MadCats.

If Clan Tech comes out like MW4 style, what point is there to driving anything else? Why bother making 20+ mechs and counting when everyone will just be driving MadCats inside a week?

And I think he said "at first" or some such, as in let them be introduced for our use SLOWLY, so as not to totally unbalance game.

If you have better Idea for how to control use, let's hear it. So far all I see you do is whine.

#44 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I just wanna pilot a cougar, and if you guys ruin it with this "we don't want clans" stuff so help me... j/k but really I think there won't be a problem. I like the idea of only clanners getting Clan Tech until the invasion is well and truly underway (maybe even post-Tukkayid) and maybe as a sop for the tears of the IS they could bring out faction-specific 'mechs like the Hamato-chi and the Victor.Then everybody would get new toys, and as I've said before more toys=more fun.

Alternatively, when fighting clanners, instead of C-Bill salvage rewards you get components from the Clan 'Mech (or even a chassis occasionally). Players could then trade components with each other on the PvP market which we need SO badly.

Also, I wouldn't have a problem with the Clan Tech being nerfed a bit (there's no reason why it has to have lower weight, more damage AND longer range, we could make the damage the same as IS tech, keep the higher heat and Buhallin's your uncle)

#45 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Why are there duplicate threads??

http://mwomercs.com/...ch-in-the-game/

#46 Vasili

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

they should make clan tech available the only way it ever was available to mercs, ever.

salvage.

find a way to impliment a system where random bits are allocated to team members on the winning side, and they get the stuff. can't be that hard, monster hunter has always done that. or there's always the silly need/greed options other mmos have. i personally do look forward to clan tech but not to being able to buy it. (on second thought maybe at steep prices from outreach) i want the thrill of co-op missions against really difficult AI clan mechs where the stakes are high and the rewards are mechs and tech. oh yes.

#47 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'd be okay with a middle ground system similar to MW4, mad cat/timber wolf for example can only mount missiles in the toros, but no limit on them only pod space, arms due to their shape may mount direct fire weapon, SO maybe, a direct fire and missile seperation, with an option to change what the section could mount?

Like a vulture may mount missies in the torso normally, but you could convert the torso to use direct fire at the cost of no missile loading, and changes the model to display this.

View PostVasili, on 21 December 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

they should make clan tech available the only way it ever was available to mercs, ever.

salvage.

find a way to impliment a system where random bits are allocated to team members on the winning side, and they get the stuff. can't be that hard, monster hunter has always done that. or there's always the silly need/greed options other mmos have. i personally do look forward to clan tech but not to being able to buy it. (on second thought maybe at steep prices from outreach) i want the thrill of co-op missions against really difficult AI clan mechs where the stakes are high and the rewards are mechs and tech. oh yes.

A mad cat costs 24 million new, an atlas is around 9-10 mil, that is the purchase restriction right there, clan tech is expensive.

And by making the weapons and chassis available on a limited basis you promote the separation of the community by giving players which play more BETTER weapons and mechs, which will make decrease new player retention which would in the long run kill this game.

Also AI that does not cheat and has to abide by the same limitations as players, as well as being fairly smart about it will be difficult to produce for this game, you would likely have the mw4 level of AI at best, and they were horrible.

Edited by Deadoon, 21 December 2012 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users