Pugs, Please Post Your Stats

82 replies to this topic

#1 abloobloo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

A lot of pugs on these forums are very vocal about the pug experience being harsh and unforgiving, with 4 man premades in their optimal builds are still stomping all over everyone.

With this thread I want to get a quick and dirty sample of stats from the people who play this game as pugs and I want to look past subjective, anecdotal assessments of the pug experience and look at some actual numbers.

If you would like to participate in my little "study" please read the following carefully:

• Please only post your stats if you have never played on a 4 man or an 8 man team. Pure pugs only.
  • Do not type out your stats, screenshots only. If you type out your stats, they will not be taken into account.

If you have read this post and you fit the criteria, please go ahead and post a screen shot of your stats in this thread, or you can PM me a screenshot of your stats.

#2 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Here are mine, I pug exclusively. Apologies for the horrible resolution, dont know what happened there.

Posted Image

Edited by Op4blushift, 23 December 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#3 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'd just like to note that there is NO evidence at all put forward with most people's claims that it was actually a 4-man that stomped them rather than another pug.

Edited by The Cheese, 23 December 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#4 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

#5 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

You do realize there is nothing on the stats page that tracks group drops so anyone could post a SS and for all we know they only 8 man team drop.

#6 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postabloobloo, on 23 December 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

-snip-
  • Do not type out your stats, screenshots only. If you type out your stats, they will not be taken into account.
-snip-

You do realize that the stat numbers can be manipulated by just changing some files on the client end or photoshopped, right?

Edit: You should also ask for ping / latency numbers of the people providing the stats. The game experience and success for those playing with high ping compared to sub-100 pings is very different.

Edit2: Any conclusion you may make from the stats regarding pugstomping will be based on an assumption of the frequency of dropping against premades which will totally screw your data based approach right from the get go.

Good of you to make the attempt but you need PGI's input as The Cheese said to do a credible study.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 23 December 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#7 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think that what Rifter, p4r4g0n and I are trying to say is that your "study" is balls and the only way you're going to get correct information is by asking PGI for it.

Good luck.

Edit: Also, why aren't you using your main account?

Edited by The Cheese, 23 December 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#8 IQwrassler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 167 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario ... hunting for kimuras ...

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

These stats are completely unreliable information. K/D is an irrelevant statistic, and until we get the new statistics page, stats are not indicitavie of the matches, player skill, or mechanics of the game.

Also, when you come to the conclusion that 'PUG'ging is unfair, premades are stomping, etc., please don't forget to mention that it makes you a better player than always having easy matches (8v8 wasn't here for a LONG time, this mode provides fair competition to groups). Adversity is what makes us stronger. When the odds are against you, you are forced to show your best.

That said, and to be fair, I have recently (~100 matches I would guess) started playing with an old friend as a wingman (only as a 2-man group). My statistics for Closed Beta were about the same ratios.

Good luck with your study!

Posted Image

Edited by IQwrassler, 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#9 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

These stats aren't entirely fair because I was experiencing performance issues near the beginning of Open Beta (Below min-specs laptop :) )

Posted Image

#10 HRR Insanity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

It may be better to just ask PGI to post up their server-log data on this topic... assuming they have it.

#11 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

This is why even a screenshot is unreliable.

Note: no image editing beyond cropping, all this was done on the site by real time html editing in chrome.

Edited by Deadoon, 23 December 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#12 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

100% PUG but i cant speak for the other players in the PUGs - probably there were 2 to 4 mans at time...

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Probably 95% of the time in a Centurion:
CN9-A 1xAC2 3xSSRM2 2xML AMS 81kph ES 11xDHS (final config pre ECM)
CN9-AL 1xTAG 1x LL 2xSSRM2 2xMPL AMS 81kph ES FF 13xDHS (post ECM)

Also:
Founders Cat 2xArtemis-SRM6 2xLL 2xML AMS ~75kph XL ES 16xDHS (post ECM)

Edited by Thorqemada, 23 December 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#13 Bashars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

This is a lame thread. Made be someone who just made the account a few mins before he make this thread. If he had any BALL's he would use his main account and not some made up one just to start this thread. My guess its from one of those guys with 2000+ post on here that people are sick of hearing from...............

#14 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostBashars, on 23 December 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

This is a lame thread. Made be someone who just made the account a few mins before he make this thread. If he had any BALL's he would use his main account and not some made up one just to start this thread. My guess its from one of those guys with 2000+ post on here that people are sick of hearing from...............

You know nothing about this forum, your forum account is made the first time you access the forum.

http://mwomercs.com/...2676-topgun505/
Account made 2 weeks after founders program ended, legendary founder.

#15 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm extremely inconsistant (I blame the drink) so my WLR is way worse than my KDR because when I'm good, I'm on freaking fire and when I'm bad I'm a tragic liability. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Posted Image

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 23 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#16 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I never realized how I could view my game stats until now. I'm actually quite surprised at how my games have been. It feels like I lose a lot more than I win, but right now, I'm running at 162/282 wins/losses, which is about a 57% win rate. I thought that would be much lower at this point. My KD ratio is 0.6, but I don't mind that since I like pelting others at long-range with PPCs and getting kill assists.

So my congratulations to the good public game teams I've played with :)

EDIT: Misread my stats. Turns out I am actually losing a lot of matches. Well, still congratulations to the teams I win with ;)

Edited by TELEFORCE, 24 December 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#17 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

131 / 134 Kills / Death

5,637,601C-Bills

98,579XP

150 / 161 Wins / Losses

0.98 Kill / Death Ratio

134,469.16 Accumulative C-Bills Per Match

316.97Avg. XP Per Match

[good god how posting mauled the formatting]

Edited by RickySpanish, 23 December 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#18 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

While I am now part of a merc corp and therefore no longer meet the criteria to participate in your study, I do carefully keep track of my statistics and scoring at the end of most matches, for personal use, so I had this image just lying about in my MWO folder...
I present to you my statistics as of 06/11/2012, from back when I was still a hardcore pugger and before I had done any grouped drops, much less joined a mercenary corp.

Posted Image

A slightly older snapshot, from 02/11/2012:

Posted Image

At the time those snapshots were taken, I played with ~27FPS and a ~200ms ping.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 23 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#19 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Haven't been in a premade since early closed beta

Posted Image

#20 DJMarine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

OT, but I've always wondered why what you're referring to is called pugs here.. On any other game that would be a pub. Pug is when you know who you're playing with and selecting your teammates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users