88 replies to this topic

#1 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I would like to welcome you all to the game and inform you of a fantastic information resource for old and new pilots alike.

There is a player-run MechWarrior Online specific community on Google+ where we discuss topics of interest, post stories in the fan fiction section, post updates from the development team regarding patches and the Ask The Devs threads and much more! Plus, if you ever want to post a screen image of something MWO related there, all you do is just upload it in the new post/reply picture tool. No more uploading to a seperate service that removes your picture if there is too much traffic or removes it because it was posted a long time ago.

In addition to those benefits, there is another because you can also get the Google+ app for your smart phone as well. It lets you easily check in, mobile upload to your profile picture albums, check your different communities that you follow, state your mood (like if you love or hate ECM for instance lol!) and of course post a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Check out any and all of these sections on the MechWarrior Online G+ community and give us your feedback!
Discussion
Patches/Ask The Devs
Community Warfare
Tournaments/Events
Maps/Tactics
Table Top/Mobile Apps
Battletech Lore/Stories
Light/Medium Mechs
Heavy/Assault Mechs
Energy Weapons
Ammo Weapons
ECM/BAP/Modules/etc.
Everything Clan
House Davion Forces
House Steiner Forces
House Kurita Forces
House Liao Forces
House Marik Forces
Free Rasalhague Republic Forces
Independant Merc Group Forces
Events

If you would like to search for me on there, I am Steve Warren on there.

You can find this community here:
http://bit.ly/10JsLTy

Edited by Long Draw, 22 January 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#2 Blowfeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Interesting.
Though these forums are enough social interaction for me :)

#3 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well, if you would like a more convenient place to discuss MWO with your fellow players while you only have internet on a mobile device like a phone, then Google+ Communities work quite well. Plus, as an added bonus, it works as free advertising for the game which means we get more players. More players means more successful drops, money for PGI from MC purchases and larger player run groups for MWO. And more money for PGI will mean faster and bigger upgrades to the game.

#4 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a heads up. If we can manage to get at least 10,000 followers on our community, we can get a curator paid by google from our player community to run the MWO Updates community.

#5 Mikhalio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

While I agree that this game badly needs a type of ScrapHeap Challenge where new players can be integrated into community clans, and published builds and strats be taught to the player base (while there is still the semblance of one), I would suggest you ask PGI to publish your google group to the main site, or perhaps rent some ad space on the side of the forums and mainpage to get your message out.

This post will likely be lost in the chum of forum spam.

#6 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostLong Draw, on 29 December 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Well, if you would like a more convenient place to discuss MWO with your fellow players while you only have internet on a mobile device like a phone, then Google+ Communities work quite well. Plus, as an added bonus, it works as free advertising for the game which means we get more players. More players means more successful drops, money for PGI from MC purchases and larger player run groups for MWO. And more money for PGI will mean faster and bigger upgrades to the game.

...and finally a single player campaign:
http://mwomercs.com/...le-player-game/

#7 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostLong Draw, on 29 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

So we already have a few players over on the community. Lets get some discussions going!

Just joined you guys. I had totally forgotten there was more to G+ then my "Stay at Home Dad" circle LOL.

#8 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostLong Draw, on 29 December 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

There are discussions on Google+ about Battletech and MWO that could benefit from the knowledge and experience of the players of this community. Additionally, there are communities for Mechwarrior Tactics, Older Mechwarrior Games, Mechwarrior Tactical Command, Fiction, Tabletop and Events. I am also going to start a community called MWO Updates where the patches will be able to be discussed.

If you would like to search for me on there, I am Steve Warren on there.

You can find this community here:

https://plus.google....640263583930713

To make it easier to find Steve if you want to add him, search for Steve Warren Mechwarrior. There are a LOT of Steve Warrensville on G+!

#9 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

You can also click on the link in my signature which will bring you to the community page.

@Mikhalio - That is an excellent idea and I am planning to send one of the developers a message requesting an advertisement as part of their next playerbase email newsletters.

#10 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Just an update, we now have 21 members over in the google+ community, which I also decided to change the name to MechWarrior Online since there was already a MWO patches section there.

#11 MojoFlow

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMoose Jaw, SK Canada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Just joined, will keep an eye on there for good info.

Saw the post on the DRG-Flame with Guass and PPC Combo, will have to give that a go.

:)

#12 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Feel free to post any other builds that interest you on there as well while you're at it MojoFlow!

#13 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

I joined the party!

#14 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Welcome to the community Pyrrho!

#15 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well, the community keeps growing every day and now we are up to 42 members! But we still want to hear from more of the MWO community.

#16 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just a friendly bump to the topic incase some of you didn't see it over the holidays and also wanted to tell everyone how we are so close to having our first 50 members already!

#17 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

didnt know anyone still used google+.
i did it for their beta version but no one i know uses it. Seemed a failure to me.
ill have to check it out.

#18 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View Postsoarra, on 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

didnt know anyone still used google+.
i did it for their beta version but no one i know uses it. Seemed a failure to me.
ill have to check it out.

It's done nothing but grow. There's a LOT of content there, but you need to seek it out. And, understand that it's a very different animal than facebook: More discussion, interest based conversation; less friends+family inane "what I did today" posts.

#19 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Not only that, but it is also player controlled. Currently, I am the creator and sole moderator there. But hopefully in the near future, I intend to share the responsibility with other players that have been dedicating much of their time and effort towards this community.

At this point, we are currently at 46 members on the MechWarrior Online Google+ community.

#20 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostLong Draw, on 29 December 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a heads up. If we can manage to get at least 10,000 followers on our community, we can get a curator paid by google from our player community to run the MWO Updates community.

Who's that going to be, then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users