Isn News Flash

25 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wed. Jan 2nd, 3050: Rumors circulate of a “ZEU-6S-DC” model Zeus mounting new, advanced weaponry, undergoing trials.

#2 Cerebelli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 244 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Is this telling us the next mech is the Zeus? I sure hope so.

#3 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

DC

Does this mean that when the Zeus is introduced it will be able to fit the Guardian?

#4 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

That "DC" is tantalizing indeed...

#5 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Sweet^awesome

#6 The Trice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

The problem is that only avilable information on
ZEU-6S-DC that it is 80 ton mech , and is recorded at battle tech to have unknown hard points and weaponry as presented here :http://www.masteruni.../zeus-zeu-6s-dc
but other info for other variants is avilable.

Armament

The prototype Zeus carried a PPC, but the most common, best-known variant of the Zeus, the ZEU-6S, mounted as its primary weapon a Defiance Type J Autocannon/5, backed up by a Coventry Star Fire LRM-15 for engaging enemies at long ranges. It also had a Thunderbolt A5M Large Laser to engage enemies at intermediate ranges and two Defiance B3M Medium Lasers for close-in work. This made the Zeus a 'Mech that was deadly at any range.[4]
[edit] Variants
  • ZEU-5S- One of two original models of the Zeus, it was equipped with an Ultra 5 Autocannon with two tons of ammunition, and the LRM 15 was equipped with Artemis IV FCS, The large laser was an extended range model. 14 double strength heat sinks kept the entire machine cool BV (2.0) = 1,499 [5]
  • ZEU-5T- One of two original models of the Zeus, it was equipped with an Extended Range PPC, and the LRM 15 was equipped with Artimes IV FCS, The large laser was likewise an extended range model. Ferro Fibrous Armor increased the mechs protection and 17 double strength heat sinks kept the entire machine cool BV (2.0) = 1,729 [6]
  • ZEU-6T - Advancments after the 3rd Succession War led to the 6T model which carried as its primary weapon a Parti-Kill PPC. This weapon had the same effective range as the Autocannon/5 and did twice as much damage, but also created a great deal of excess heat (partially mitigated by 2 additional heat sinks). The -6T was otherwise identical to the -6S model. The -6T would be the base for the later -9S and -9T models. BV (1.0) = 1,170, BV (2.0) = 1,436[1]
  • ZEU-9T - The 9T variant of the Zeus carried the -6T to its next logical step. The 'Mech was built with a Light Fusion Engine and carried thirteen and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. As its primary weapon, the -6T carried an ER PPC, backed by an LRM-15 launcher with an Artemis IV fire control system for greater missile accuracy. Also, for long-range combat, the -9T carried an ER Large Laser. For close combat, the 'Mech was armed with two Medium Pulse Lasers and an ER Medium Laser. BV (1.0) = 1,480, BV (2.0) = 1,835[7]
  • ZEU-10WB - This variant was produced by the Word of Blake following their seizure of Hesperus II from the Lyrans in 3070. It was armed with a pair of Heavy PPCs, supplemented by an ER Large Laser, though its 11 double heat sinks could scarcely keep up with the heat buildup. Four ER Medium Lasers and a Small Laser provided short range backup. This was made possible by the inclusion of an XL Gyro. BV (2.0) = 2,043[7]
  • ZEU-X - The first of what is commonly referred to as the Zeus X, (which types are noted for the distinctive "fins" extending from their shoulders) the ZEU-X was a variant of the Zeus that uses Experimental Technology to push the envelope of the design. The 'Mech was built using a Composite chassis which weighed half as much, but was only half as strong as a normal internal structure. The 'Mech was also armored with both normal armor and Reactive Armor on its limbs. The 'Mech was armed with an LB-X Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon, backed up by an MRM-30 launcher. For close combat, the Zeus had two Medium X-Pulse Lasers. Finally, for added speed, the 'Mech was built using a XXL engine which weighed only seventeen and a half tons, giving the 'Mech a maximum speed of 86.4 kph. BV (1.0) = 1,471[8], BV (2.0) = 1,902[citation needed]
  • ZEU-X2 - Built using the same engine and chassis as the ZEU-X, the X2 took its weapons cues from the 9T model. The 'Mech carried as its main weapon an ER PPC, giving it a much greater range than the LB-X Autocannon/20 carried by the ZEU-X model. The 'Mech was otherwise armed identically to the ZEU-X model. It was highly effective as a sniper 'Mech, with its high mobility giving it the ability to dictate the range of an engagement. BV (1.0) = 1,493[9], BV (2.0) = 1,747[citation needed]
  • ZEU-X3 - An experimental variant that deviated greatly from the design philosophy of the basic Zeus, the 3X model carried an ER PPC and four ER Medium Lasers as its weapons. The 'Mech was also armored with fourteen and a half tons of standard armor. The X3 also used the XXL engine of the Zeus X. The true uniqueness of the design came in its use of Improved Jump Jets. The X3 could jump up to 240 meters, which rivaled the jumping capability of any light 'Mech. This combination of heavy armor, speed and firepower made the X3 the nightmare of any light or medium 'Mech and could outmaneuver any heavy or assault 'Mechs. BV (1.0) = 1,992[10], BV (2.0) = 2,189[citation needed]

#7 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

DC is Dual Cockpit refit of course. It seems that there's mistake, as 6S-DC mounts no advanced weaponry compared to 6S, just removes a Med Laser. ZEU-9S is an upgrade, mounting DHS, Ferro and Pulse and ER energy weapons. There's also Dual Cockpit version of it - 9S-DC, sacrificing one heat sink instead of MLas.

#8 Velete

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Zeus is teh epic:D

---
Their was another inner sphere news update today posted just after this, i scanned its blurb between games earlier then now in the forum i dont see it (or ingame anymore), nuked?

#9 So Booboolicious

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hmmm....

Very intriguing.

#10 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm thinking that it's a typo; the ZEU-9S-DC (introduced in 3049) mounts "advanced weaponry" (an ER-PPC, ERLL, and MPLas - aside a LRM-15 launcher), DHS, FF armor, CASE, and a command console.

#11 Rigmoran

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 33 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

The next mech should be the Trebuchet. The release order seems to follow the numbered sequence they've been announced in. BTW, the Zues is not on the list :)

#12 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 02 January 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'm thinking that it's a typo; the ZEU-9S-DC (introduced in 3049) mounts "advanced weaponry" (an ER-PPC, ERLL, and MPLas - aside a LRM-15 launcher), DHS, FF armor, CASE, and a command console.

I think you are correct. They will need more command Mechs that have the ability to carry the Command Console. Right now it is only the Atlas.

#13 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

WARHAMMER!! PLZ!!

#14 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 02 January 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

That "DC" is tantalizing indeed...

QFT

That pretty much makes me think the final mech will be a Zeus. There have been some absolutely beautiful versions of the Zeus over the years, so I don't have a problem with this, even if it means I don't get a Mauler. We Combiners got 2 iconic mechs (Dragon, Jenner) so the Lyrans getting 2 (Zeus, Commando) doesn't bother me (too much)

This results in every faction (except the "Rasalhagians, who aren't really a major house in any case. More of an IS Periphery State (not meant as an insult to the Space Vikings, it's true, you guys really aren't scary until after the Ghost Bears conquer ya and make your military really nasty) Having one or more mech that is associated with them.
Draconis Combine-Draogn, Jenner
Fed Suns- Centurion
Capellan Confederation- Raven, Cataphract
Free Worlds League- Orion, SORT of Awesome (they use it the most, but every one uses it)
Lyrans - Zeus, Commando

A Zeus DC would be very cool, I do want some smaller mechs to get the DC package however. Dragon, and Centurion come to mind, Maybe even a Raven

View PostWerewolf486, on 02 January 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

WARHAMMER!! PLZ!!

Please don't post while hallicinating. There ain't gonna be a warhammer,

Edited by verybad, 02 January 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#15 Magnifiscent

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Postverybad, on 02 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

That pretty much makes me think the final mech will be a Zeus. There have been some absolutely beautiful versions of the Zeus over the years, so I don't have a problem with this, even if it means I don't get a Mauler. We Combiners got 2 iconic mechs (Dragon, Jenner) so the Lyrans getting 2 (Zeus, Commando) doesn't bother me (too much)

By this logic, we should be getting some myomer limb replacements for our pilots soon, too.

These news flashes are fluff, don't read into them too much.

The Warhammer is definitely out, but I'm curious why no one has brought up the Mauler. It was released "last year (3048).

Edited by Magnifiscent, 02 January 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#16 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Umm, read the General Discussiopn Threads much? Mauler is a favorite.

The DC added to the name of the Zeus is what makes me suspect it's part of the game coming. Not just the Zeus.

Edited by verybad, 02 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#17 Irreverence

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I really, really, don't think we need another 80 tonner. Here's to hoping it's not the Zeus.

#18 solops

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSolaris City,Solaris VII

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 02 January 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Wed. Jan 2nd, 3050: Rumors circulate of a “ZEU-6S-DC” model Zeus mounting new, advanced weaponry, undergoing trials.

This is good news!

#19 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Isn't the normal wait time about 6 months after first mention? Possibly that will be somewhat reduced as PGI is hitting their stride.

#20 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

View Postverybad, on 02 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Umm, read the General Discussiopn Threads much? Mauler is a favorite.
Mauler is not. Not ehough variants, not enough difference between them. Banshee is a favourite, though I still hope for Annihilator. And Zeus loadout is pretty similar to Highlander and also somewhat to Orion (with tonnage and speed also being almost equal), so I guess there's no chance.

View Postverybad, on 02 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

A Zeus DC would be very cool, I do want some smaller mechs to get the DC package however. Dragon, and Centurion come to mind, Maybe even a Raven
As for DC, I'm guessing that Orion will get DC version, and that's why cockpit on the artwork is triangular, but with square depression around it. DC version will get "canonical" square cockpit with vertical bar, I suppose (there's no need to remodel DC Atlas because second cockpit is just located in the second eye). Orion is known for having DC refits.

View PostSuicidal *****, on 02 January 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Isn't the normal wait time about 6 months after first mention? Possibly that will be somewhat reduced as PGI is hitting their stride.
They promised to increase the pace of introducing announced mechs in the game.

Edited by Morang, 03 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users