The Clan Invasion (Our Part In It) May Not Be At The Start Of March.

32 replies to this topic

#1 KuruptU4Fun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm taking most of my information off of this link:

http://bg.battletech...iverseGuide.pdf
Starting on page 13, I'll abbreviate as best I can. The Clan invasion started in March of 3050, hammering the Draconis Combine, Free Rasalhauge Replublic and the Lyrian side of the Federated Commonwealth. Then in October of 3050 a Rasalhaugian pilot slammed her ship into a Clan Flagship, Killing the Clan's war leader known as the IlKhan. From that point the Clans pulled out of the Inner Sphere to debate who the new Ilkhan would be. This created some time for the IS to join forces against the Clans whose return came in November of 3051. From that point the Clans declared their intent was to conquer Terra. This attack by the Clans culminated to the battle of Tukayyid in May of 3052, which brought the Clan invasion to a halt.

So what can we take from this as a possibility for the introduction of the Clans? Simply that the larger possibility that the Clans invasion will be "told" to us in the IS until October of 3050. It's likely that from March to September that PGI will introduce the mechs that will be available in the beginning of October. Giving PGI time to create the models needed in order for us to actually play. Once that starts the Clan mechs will be able to fight IS troops for around 6 months, then go to infighting among themselves for quite some time. If PGI intends to follow the history and timeline of the BT universe (which they are required to do unless given permission. Their only choice from that point would be to change their 1:1 timeline into something faster to bring about the advance of newer technologies.

If you have an opinion, by all means let's discuss.

#2 Johnny Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

I was hoping more of the meta game would be present when the Clan Invasion comes out. Not much point of an invasion if there are no planets to defend ;)

#3 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm not sure if you were in the game last night when we chatted about this briefly, Kurupt, but my idea for the Clan invasion is to push it back a year, thus ensuring that, as per Johnny's wish, more metagame is present at the point of the invasion: ideally, CW should be fully implemented at the point where it occurs. That said, given the ISN news things, the constant reference to this year in game time being 3050, etc., I don't see it happening.

#4 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Ferret PGI has often stated they are doing a 1 for 1 day timeline that matches 2013 to 3050. From what I've been reading the beginning of March will give them the opportunity to introduce the mechs available for the actual "invasion date" that starts in October.

#5 Merky Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 871 posts
  • LocationRidin down the street in my 6-4

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Does the Civil War not go away when the clans invade anyway?

Or are we going to call all these little skirmishes "war games" as we form a new SLDF? Why are there two houses for Steiner and Davion, is there not a Lyran Alliance going on now that becomes the Federated Commonwealth?

I guess, my point why will community warfare exist if all of the IS factions are going to wind up allied? :P

#6 Johnny Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostMerky Merc, on 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Does the Civil War not go away when the clans invade anyway?

Or are we going to call all these little skirmishes "war games" as we form a new SLDF? Why are there two houses for Steiner and Davion, is there not a Lyran Alliance going on now that becomes the Federated Commonwealth?

I guess, my point why will community warfare exist if all of the IS factions are going to wind up allied? :P

Clan invasion doesn't last forever and from what I recall the books went into the Dark Age story line with the HGP network failing and things going back to everyone fighting...been awhile since I read any of those

#7 Merky Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 871 posts
  • LocationRidin down the street in my 6-4

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostJohnny Morgan, on 15 January 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Clan invasion doesn't last forever and from what I recall the books went into the Dark Age story line with the HGP network failing and things going back to everyone fighting...been awhile since I read any of those

After the clan invasion is the FedCom civil war, where IS tech catches up to Clan stuff in a lot of ways and everyone goes back to fighting each other, albeit with new or reworked mechs and the availability of Clan stuff for everyones. Dark Age is after some sort of Jihad and some other stuff, I think.

#8 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Ferret PGI has often stated they are doing a 1 for 1 day timeline that matches 2013 to 3050. From what I've been reading the beginning of March will give them the opportunity to introduce the mechs available for the actual "invasion date" that starts in October.

Yeah, I'm aware. I wish they hadn't committed to that early on, is what I guess I'm saying. If they could make 2013 = 3049, everything would be ready to roll on schedule, I bet.

Edited by FerretGR, 15 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#9 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Thank goodness more time for the dev team the better.

#10 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Well considering it takes a few months to actually implement an announced mech, it's a logical conclusion that either they will announce Clan mechs 1 at a time or drop them all at once..

#11 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ummm FYI Clan mechs are already being worked on and they've been working on them for a number of months.

#12 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Whoopti-do. Don't care. Not excited about this game any more.

So the "gold bullet" mechs aren't available yet then *meh*

#13 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostFerretGR, on 15 January 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I wish they hadn't committed to that early on, is what I guess I'm saying. If they could make 2013 = 3049, everything would be ready to roll on schedule, I bet.

Or, here is a better idea.

They retain the 1-1 timeline set. Announce the predicted lights, heavies, mediums, and assault mechs to be included in the Clan Invasion this October.

Since the invasion stated by OP resumes the following November of 2014 (3051), that would give them MORE then enough time to balance out weapons, polish the game, improve their animation mechanics and mech development process, give plenty of Maps for CW and all sorts of stuff.

Ideally, PGI needs to have this game in near perfect shape or at least polished as all possible. Unless they are holding out on us severely content and general non-broken game version, wise. There is no way in Hell they could ever have this game ready for Clan Mechs this October.

Hell,I think the Orion / Highlander were announced a while ago, then they aren't even expected to be put in the game until late this summer! What are they going to do? Start the Clan invasion with JUST the Timberwolf as the only Clan Mech?

#14 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 15 January 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

What are they going to do? Start the Clan invasion with JUST the Timberwolf as the only Clan Mech?

That honestly would be hilarious. I'm expecting them to start clan availability with 4 mechs (one each weight class) like they did with IS mechs, and they'd be idiots if they didn't set up a cash only deal where you can buy multiples of the clans and premium time for a bit less. (ie a clan founder program) This will of course result in P2W cries, but I don't think anyone honestly cares about that any longer.

I also think that Clan mechs are being worked on concurrently with the current mechs due to the extreme sluggishness of the IS mech release pattern.

Edited by verybad, 15 January 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#15 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

at the rate PGI is doing things it wont come till next year if we are lucky

#16 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 15 January 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Ummm FYI Clan mechs are already being worked on and they've been working on them for a number of months.

And your source on this? Have any pictures?

#17 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

.. why dont we just start over as "Month, day, 3048/49" when the game is ready? (*snicker*)

then we can have the clans come in at their regular date

#18 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

MWO might as well be a planet on that 'northern' edge of the map when the invasion hits. Because unless they really figure out some of the balance clan tech will easily crush all and people are going to stop playing in droves.

Streak SRM-6 will obviously be the best weapon in the game by a HUGE margin based on current mechanics.

Edited by M4rtyr, 15 January 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#19 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

If they release the clan material before they finish releasing all their slated IS material plus balancing the gameplay, the netcode, the matchmaking, the map spawns, the warfare, the metagame, the shell, the community features, the this, the that, the other thing ... then PGI would effectively be shooting themselves in the head.

Bankruptcy in 12months tops.

This game is EXTREMELY FAR from being ready for a balance-exploding content addition like Clan tech.

-----------

IMO they need to HOLD OFF on any clan bullsh1!ttery until they've got their existing *major* problems in the current game sorted.

Edited by Hillslam, 15 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#20 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'd like to see all clan topics take a back seat to finishing CW and the actual game mechanics.

-k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users