Keeping The Paints We Purchase.

16 replies to this topic

#1 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I and a growing community feel that keeping the paints we purchase would be a win win business proposition. as of today 17/1/13 the current paint scheme does not incentivise us (the consumer) to repaint. we feel that if we were allowed to keep the paint, we would purchase more colors per mech (current colors and future colors).

many of us enjoy customizing our mechs cosmetics back and forth but we are denied this due to your current scheme. not only would we be more satisfied with keeping the paints but we would be more inclined to purchase more colors because of it.

here is a poll i have set up to address to you the concerns of the cosmetic gamer. (even boys like to play dress up :))
http://mwomercs.com/...ew-polls-added/

thank you

A.

#2 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yeah I bought a paint job or two, but won't buy more until they are "permanent". I'll pay a small cbill repainting fee, but that should be all after the MC purchase.

#3 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostAngelicon, on 16 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Yeah I bought a paint job or two, but won't buy more until they are "permanent". I'll pay a small cbill repainting fee, but that should be all after the MC purchase.

lets not talk about cbills fee lol. just keep it with the current scheme is fine. quick quick edit!!

Edited by King Arthur IV, 16 January 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#4 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

sorry :)

#5 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Voted!

I really liked the suggestions posted earlier that MC could be used to unlock individual paints or patterns (and ability to unlock color palettes as bundle packs, too) for your MWO account, and then C-Bills would be used to apply each to a mech as needed.

Edited by INSEkT L0GIC, 16 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#6 Attalward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Voted. As well bumping here.

#7 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Holy bump!

#8 Ephrael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 16 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

I and a growing community feel that keeping the paints we purchase would be a win win business proposition. as of today 17/1/13 the current paint scheme does not incentivise us (the consumer) to repaint. we feel that if we were allowed to keep the paint, we would purchase more colors per mech (current colors and future colors).

many of us enjoy customizing our mechs cosmetics back and forth but we are denied this due to your current scheme. not only would we be more satisfied with keeping the paints but we would be more inclined to purchase more colors because of it.

here is a poll i have set up to address to you the concerns of the cosmetic gamer. (even boys like to play dress up :D)
http://mwomercs.com/...ew-polls-added/

thank you

A.

On top of that why not make a pain scheme which you can bind to a map. So you can have different paint jobs for each map. IE a Mech Painted Black for night map, White for snow, forrest camo for .. well forrest map ect. whould also make people more interested in buying paint.

For me personally i think it should be cheaper, as the prices are not I'm not going to buy any paint.

Also i think that paint should also be available to buy with CB although it should be more expensive. Having access to an advantage such as specific camouflage with only IRL. money will make it a "Pay to win" element regardless of how small an impact i can have on the game. Just my thought though.

Regards Ephreal

Edited by Ephrael, 17 January 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#9 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I think that patterns should be unlocked - I'd even pay a higher price than they are currently if once unlocked I could stick those patterns on any mech (regardless of a cbill cost per change)
but $0.50c to $1 for paint is fine as is to me

#10 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Ideally:
- Unlock Paints either per Mech or per All Mechs (you can offer both at different price points. Per Mech could probably stay i nthe current per-paint-job scheme)
- Unlock Camoflauge Options per Mech, per Weight Class, or on all Mechs (you can offer them all different price points)
- Repaints cost just C-Bills. This is a neat money-sink, something the game has nothing of.*

As a previous poster suggested, being able to select different camos for different maps also makes complete sense to me. In fact, it's not a camo if you can neither choose your camo by map type nor preselect your map type. (And being able to select different camos for different maps is also a nice incentive for people to unlock more colors and camo patterns.)

*) Even repairs didn't really qualify here - the activity that makes you need repairs is also the very activity that makes you earn C-Bills.

#11 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Bump because of too many ECM threads.:rolleyes:

#12 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I definitely agree. I had another suggestion related to this which isn't necessarily mutually exclusive, but would be a decent compromise if it were.

http://mwomercs.com/...r-achievements/

#13 Nth Adonis

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Very good idea I couldnt agree more but unfortunately they will continue do do whatever fills their wallets fastest, after all that is the reason they make the games In the first place.

#14 Arkmaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

If I was able to keep the patterns and paints I bought, I would have bought quite a bit by now. However, since they are not permanent purchases, I have bought none.

#15 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostDixie Normiss, on 17 January 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Very good idea I couldnt agree more but unfortunately they will continue do do whatever fills their wallets fastest, after all that is the reason they make the games In the first place.

They would get more money with this change. :rolleyes:

#16 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Push

#17 ColdCutz

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

If 20,000 MC is all they want me to buy, I will happily oblige them. It shouldn't be this hard for them to figure out that if my purchased paintjob becomes LOST after I purchase ANOTHER paintjob for the same mech, then I will not buy anything more than the first one, if that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users