78 replies to this topic

#1 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Here is how the Splatcat has performed over time, starting w/the most recent patch:

3/25/13
Still really good with 54? damage alphas:

2/18/13
New build after JJ tweaks:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9f833de89099763

65/65 Tons
90 Firepower
1.5 Heat Efficiency
400/422 Standard Armor
Endo-Steel Structure
Double Heatsinks
15 Total DHS
XL315 Engine
6x SRM6 x7 Ammo
1/4 Jump Jets
1x Hula Girl(optional)

The engine size and # of jumpjets are the primary changes. After the jumpjet tweaks 1 acted and felt like 3 did before so I upgraded the engine with the weight savings. Better speed/maneuverability/aiming.

2/03/13
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...235259baa585ecd

Edited by Indoorsman, 25 March 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#2 Crawford

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

When you jetted onto the cap point and killed the spider I laughed my *** off

#3 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostCrawford, on 03 February 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

When you jetted onto the cap point and killed the spider I laughed my *** off

LOL, ya I quite literally landed on his head. It would have been a death from above if that was already implemented. He kinda went deer in head lights on me though ;)

#4 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Posted Image

That spider exploding was fantastic

#5 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I had quite a few chuckles watching your video. Jump jets add another dimension to trolling. The more people abuse it, the faster the nerf hammer comes.

#6 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostTahribator, on 03 February 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Jump jets add another dimension to trolling

Jumpjets are amazing!

#7 Glucose

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Do the jump jets just help for survivability? Or are you also using them to aid in aiming too?

#8 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostGlucose, on 03 February 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Do the jump jets just help for survivability? Or are you also using them to aid in aiming too?

Both.

#9 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thus proving why six missile hardpoints is both a terrible idea and at the same time kind of awesome. Still generally prefer the hardpoints on the C4 variant myself, but if ye're gonna go splatting, ye may as well go whole hog.

#10 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Do you mind if I post this in my "abusive build" post? It would help explain a lot of things....

And I laughed so hard at that poor Spider.

#11 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 03 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Do you mind if I post this in my "abusive build" post? It would help explain a lot of things....

And I laughed so hard at that poor Spider.

Go ahead, I posted it on the 3rd or 4th page but you can put it in your first post if ya want.

#12 CECILOFS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Very impressive, you are definately a much better pilot than me. You've also inspired me to take off Artemis and put on Jump Jets and more HS for my A1 :P

I will say however, that it looks like you were a better pilot than a lot of the people you killed there and I think you could achieve similar results in other mechs too.

Edited by CECILOFS, 04 February 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#13 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostCECILOFS, on 04 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

I will say however, that it looks like you were a better pilot than a lot of the people you killed there and I think you could achieve similar results in other mechs too.

Yup! I "liked" because that was an awesome video and shows a great pilot doing some awesome things in a good mech build.

Watch his other videos.... he's a very skilled Mechwarrior and I have never seen anyone use Jump Jets that effectively, especially on a Catapult.

Honestly, I'm not sure how they can "nerf" the A1 other than getting rid of the variant entirely, which I don't see happening.
Also, if they nerf weapons due to the extreme cases of boating, then those that don't boat will suffer even more. *shrug*

Personally, I don't know what the big deal is. I've been "backstabbed" by an A1 once or twice, and it's always surprising and frustrating... but otherwise I've spotted and destroyed a lot of them.

Just keep aware and don't let them get the "jump" (har har) on you.
Call them out to your team and focus fire, or just stay at range and pick them apart.

If all A1 pilots were as good as Indoorsman here, sure... we'd be in trouble.
But hell.... if most pilots were as good as Indoorsman and other pro Mechwarriors around here.... us "average" types would never get a kill and would be destroyed in the first minute of the match! ;)

Fortunately most A1 pilots I face aren't nearly as good as Indoorsman.
Like most FOTM builds... they expect to put the machine together and let it do all the work.
Sure, you might get a couple kills that way... especially against inexperienced or poor players with crappy loadouts and worse situational awareness.... but one or two good pilots on the other side will waste you.

Just my two cents. :P

Edited by Ravennus, 04 February 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#14 Drehl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

I watched some of your vids.. you're quiet good with the jumpjets and surely an over average pilot... but it also shows how ****** some players (and/or loadouts) are.. e.g. the game where you are piloting the jenner and legged the atlas right in the beginning of the match... realy bad atlas pilot and the rest of the team... nobody tried to shoot you while you were running around the atlas and even stood still for some time.
or this incredible slow com in the same match. worst of it all is the catapult you are killing at their base in the end...

nevertheless you'v got some nice loadouts in your mechs.. the k2 looks realy nice and the 6 LL 3 ML HBK-P is just hilarious. would you mind to post the hbk loadout?

#15 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostDrehl, on 04 February 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

I watched some of your vids.. you're quiet good with the jumpjets and surely an over average pilot... but it also shows how ****** some players (and/or loadouts) are.. e.g. the game where you are piloting the jenner and legged the atlas right in the beginning of the match... realy bad atlas pilot and the rest of the team... nobody tried to shoot you while you were running around the atlas and even stood still for some time.
or this incredible slow com in the same match. worst of it all is the catapult you are killing at their base in the end...

nevertheless you'v got some nice loadouts in your mechs.. the k2 looks realy nice and the 6 LL 3 ML HBK-P is just hilarious. would you mind to post the hbk loadout?

Haha, thanks. Takes skill to realize the enemy team are noobs so you can stand still in a Jenner! LOL JK, here's the link for the HBK: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...03e57af47377aa8

#16 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

I run a similar build with my A1 but I dropped the JJ, 2 DHS and some armor to fit artemis on it

#17 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Nice build. Personally not using the SRM build much anymore. I "abused" the heck out of it :D it's fun, until you have snippy/good aim players that go for the flappy "ears".

When playing, when I target a 6 x SRM6 Catapult I try to stay out of there way (minimal range 300 meters). With your build that is kinda difficult ^^

Edit: Damn you grammar!

Edited by PPO Kuro, 04 February 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#18 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

I never got the idea behind the implementation of the A1. What should you do other than boating SRM?

Edit:
maybe for implementation of Arrow IV???

Edited by Karl Streiger, 04 February 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#19 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 February 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

I never got the idea behind the implementation of the A1. What should you do other than boating SRM?

At this point? Nothing. LRMs and Streaks just aren't reliable right now.

#20 SniperCzar

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

I used to run a build just like this before they patched JJs... oh the number of Gaussapults I've headshotted by landing my mechacrotch right on their noses and then just fired straight down.

Might run it again some day but it takes quite a while to swap everything out with my other I-win button (it fires all 90 missiles in a single volley)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users