No replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Everyone who is playing right now will have most likely upgraded their SHS to DHS because in almost all cases it is more practical to do so.

We have the case where the only mechs that are left in SHS are the Trial Mechs and maybe mechs that are just bought for the sake of grinding out elite/master then discarded. There are also some Hero mechs with heat issues such as the YLW.

Now people have suggested switching out Trial mechs to DHS to improve the new player experience, but that would mess out their canon builds which is a bad thing. The only other practical thing I can think of is upgrading Single Heat Sinks to 1.1 or 1.15 or something to ease the heat issues of the Trial mechs without 1) destroying their canon build and 2) unbalancing the game.

SHS at 1.1 will be better than DHS for say an Atlas because right now an RS with 4 LL and max SHS/DHS are about dead even. SHS at 1.1 would give that build maybe 3.9 more heat per second if I recall correctly (or somewhere close to that value). I'm not sure if it is gamebreaking but it doesn't seem so bad.

The main benefit is that all Trial and default mechs will now run just a little bit cooler. Not enough to make DHS worthless but enough to ease out the growing pains of new players in Trials.

An alternative is to follow what was done for DHS! This will probably not risk rocking the balance boat as much as the other suggestion! Just make all engine SHS 1.2 or 1.4 perhaps? It's pretty high for a 'Single' Heat Sink but it is limited to the first 10 in the engine meaning it is more controlled than just a slight increase to SHS overall.

TL;DR

1) Make Trial Mechs and some Hero mechs run a little cooler by default (for newbies and for those who buy the SHS hero mechs) by buffing Single Heat Sinks
2) Option 1: Buff SHS to 1.1 or 1.15 (or some similar value)
3) Option 2: Buff the first 10 engine SHS to 1.2 to 1.4.

All values are off the top of my head and I am sure more math is needed, but it should ease out the problem with people complaining that Trial mechs are walking death oven coffins without devaluing the 'need' to upgrade to DHS eventually.

Other suggestions:

Efficiency Custom Modules
Weapon Custom Modules
Turn your favorite mech into a Hero mech (Updated)
Reset Cadet Bonus with first purchase of Premium time

Edited by Elizander, 16 March 2013 - 07:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users