We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, November 17th at 3:00 PM PST (11 PM UTC), with the following changes:
• Clan Sidearm Cockpit Item: This item was originally intended to be provided with each Clan Hero Pack as of the November 15th patch, but due to an injection issue it was not included. After this hot-fix the Sidearm Item will be injected into eligible accounts, and will be automatically included with any subsequent purchases of a Wave 1 Clan Hero. This item will also be available for direct purchase in-game with MC.
Clan Sidearm (Standing Cockpit Item): 250 MC
• Stormcrow SCR-PRIME: Fixing an issue where the intended -5% ER Laser Duration Quirk was implemented as a -0.05 ER Laser Range Quirk.
• Kit Fox KFX-S: Fixing an issue where the intended -10% Energy Heat Generation Quirk was implemented as +10%.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher
• Click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those