A brand new Portal for the standalone MechWarrior Online client is now available for download. This Portal brings improved stability, smoother patching and install procedures, and support for maintaining both the regular Standalone client and the Public Test client.
At this stage, while the new Portal is fully functional and provides greater stability compared to the existing launcher, if you are currently running the existing Standalone launcher without issues we recommend sticking with it for just a while longer.
The new Portal is currently in a 'soft-release' state, as there are a couple of items to be fixed and improved shortly. For example, the current Server Status for the MechWarrior Online servers is not currently reported in this version of the Portal.
Once we reach a final, full release state, all existing download links for the MechWarrior Online Standalone client and PTS client will then be replaced with the new Portal.
If you are running MechWarrior Online through Steam, you do not need this Portal. Steam will continue to be your method for patching and running MechWarrior Online.
However, if you wish to participate in Public Test Sessions, we recommend you download the Portal for use during those sessions.
Installation and usage steps:
• Install the MWO Portal
• We recommend installing it to the same area as your existing standalone MWO Client. By default, that location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games
• At the beginning of the install process the installer will check to confirm you have the latest Microsoft .NET Framework installed. If you do not, it will install it for you.
• Once the installation is fully complete, you will now have an MWO Portal folder in your install location, along with an MWO Portal shortcut on your desktop.
• Run the MWO Portal
• The Portal should automatically detect your existing standalone MechWarrior Online client
• To run MWO, simply select it from the list of available clients (both 'MechWarrior Online' and 'MWO Public Test' should be listed for you) and hit Play
• If you wish to install the MWO Public Test client, you can do so by selecting it from the list of available clients and proceeding with the install process.
If you run into any issues with any of the above steps, please get in touch with our Technical Support services at email@example.com