17 replies to this topic

#1 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

*Boring Backstory Stuff*

Ok, so I've obviously been living under a rock for the last year or so. The last I'd seen of the 'Mechwarrior reboot' was some green as spring grass prince getting torn up by an Atlas in one wickedly awesome video.

So, about a week ago, a buddy mentions that there's a Mech Online game. I'm a huge fan of giant robots, so I though 'cool, I'll give it a lookt.' He DIDN'T tell me it was MechWARRIOR Online.....anyway, I've been hooked, it's a 'fresh' place to get my 'Mech fix. Can only play so much MW2 and Merc before the despair sets in.

Not only is it Mechwarrior Online, it does more than make passing reference to the FRR (Other games have simply mentioned the Merc companies that show up after the Clans have their way with the FRR planets)

Brilliant!

Before the last group of paper/dice people I RP'd BattleTech with broke up, we were playing through the Clan Invasion. And we were going through a FRR campaign I had built fan-fiction style of a KungsArme unit being taken in as bondsmen into Clan Wolf (A selfish deal as I have a great fondness for both of the groups)

*End of boring backstory stuff*

So, that's a bit about me, always a huge fan of both, and my 'becoming an enslaved Space Viking MechPilot berserker' are coming true.

So, what I'm looking for is a group of people that are FRR enthusiasts and that don't mind a touch of crazy (Seriously, who looks forward to becoming a warrior-slave? And on top of that, Clan Wolf itself almost nearly gets wiped out later on as well, lol)

Mainly for the fact that while PUG'ing is great when I've only got time for a few matches here and there (I play all kinds of odd hours), it's really the tactical side of Mechwarrior that's always drawn me in (Otherwise, MW4 and previous titles would have gotten boring ages ago). I mean, running around and just shooting stuff is great, but you can do that in CoD. Tactically choosing how to take a pair of Medium 'mechs against a trio of Assaults and come out on top? Can't do that in CoD.

Oh.....yeah, also might have to deal with some longwindedness (At least when typing- writer by trade)

There's my resume as it were.

Edited by Mercer Skye, 14 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

You're sure to get replies from at least 4 FRR units.

The Skjoldborg, 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimente, probably the 5th Drakons and the Isengrim.

All are good units with their own special quirks. You can check this KungsArme forum to see what most of them have to say about themselves.

As far me, though, I'd like to invite you to the Isengrim. We're newer than the other listed units but we've grown pretty fast and have a very dedicated and active MWO community. You can see our own recruitment thread here. Either way we'd like to welcome you to the Free Rasalhague Republic!

#3 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

5th Drakøns representing! While we don't have our own recruitment post we are actively looking for players. We've been around for a while, but haven't kept up too well with the demands of the game since it went from 8 to 12 per-side matches. While we finally have the numbers to get a 12-man rolling sometimes, we're still looking for more people to play with us in order to make this more likely and to build up the group a bit more. If you want to drop with us just feel free to join our TS at warsworn.typefrag.com:9725 and search for the 'MechWarrior Online' section.

Hopefully we'll see you around fellow Space Viking!

#4 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

You sir, are 1st Rasalhague Dragonregemente material! Bring your tired, your weary, your inner MechWarrior Viking yearning to be free of MW2 to our Mead Hall! We have lots of space Vikings who love to melt robots and wreck face. Then there are the rest of us who just like to get online and have a good time. We are currently recruiting at http://1strdr.enjin.com/home and if you just want to see what we are all about before you join, just drop into our chat group on the TS3 Comstar server at na1.mech-connect.net. We are the first set of channels below the dropships and the 12man sync drop channels. Or you can just look for anyone with a [1st RDR] tag in their name. Hope to see you in game!

#5 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well, I won't lie and say the "for now" bit doesn't scare me a little...the Skjaldborg has no intention of becoming clan suck-ups at any point in time as far as I know (though a few of us have RP histories as former clanners...go figure XD) so if you're looking to play as clan at some point, we're not the FRR unit you're looking for.

Anyways, I'm sure you've already submitted an app to one of the others by now but check out the Skjaldborg if you're interested. Every FRR unit can claim mead, wenches and awesomeness, but only we can claim to be the first! :)

#6 PickleM0nster

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationScotland ,UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Greetings.. you northerners got space for a Scotsman..currently sitting in marik but the whole "we love red white and blue" is wearing a bit thin :)
I mainly run lights and mediums with a couple of heavies..looking for a friendly european (mainly) group to tag along with!!

#7 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostPickle Monsoon, on 15 October 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Greetings.. you northerners got space for a Scotsman..currently sitting in marik but the whole "we love red white and blue" is wearing a bit thin :)
I mainly run lights and mediums with a couple of heavies..looking for a friendly european (mainly) group to tag along with!!

Of course the FRR has space for a Scotsman! You are a close relative of us Vikings :)

#8 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Well the Skjaldborg is mainly NA, but we do have a healthy EU community, with at least 24 active members I do believe. You're welcome to look us up if you want to check us out!

#9 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Well, I guess I'll be putting my kilt in to help SoR for now. I really do appreciate all the warm greetings, and am more than willing to team up with any FRR supporters (and maybe others on a case by case). User handle in game is the same, feel free to add me to group me.

#10 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 14 October 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

You're sure to get replies from at least 4 FRR units.

The Skjoldborg, 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimente, probably the 5th Drakons and the Isengrim.

Are you some kind of prophet?!

Also, curse you, Skjaldborg! *shake fist*

Edited by Malzel, 15 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#11 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Personally i think it is rather bad to talk ill about other groups loyal to our own faction. Especially a faction as surrounded by enemies as we are really should stick together.

#12 Thade

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I find a lot of this in bad taste. Its sad to see some people I thought were friends trash talking. A few bad apples is not a way to judge an entire tree- everyone has them.

#13 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

All I am currently saying is when somebody who was removed from a unit talks bad about the unit, I laugh.

#14 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

We just played them in a 12man. We met them in a Assault match and made a gentleman's agreement not to cap, just to fight.

And then when things started going south for them they capped. Pretty low.

Next time we met them we didn't bother with pleasantries and crushed them.

Those Skjaldborg, classy bunch.

Can you please report who you played against, as and officer I would like to deal with this.

#15 B B Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 746 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

If you find that you have grievances against us, please feel free to discuss them with us directly, like adults.

#16 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

What are you doing up at this hour typing instead of gaming?

#17 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

I think everyone needs to take a breath... good Tor, games can bring out bile.

#18 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Edit:
Thread cleaned up!
Those who are missing posts are advised to read the code of conduct, the name and shame rules and the uniform code of mechwarrior justice, before they create further posts that are insults, defamatory or otherwise against the rules. They will then know, that the next time they will recieve a punishment for it.

Edited by Egomane, 24 October 2013 - 05:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users