Game Keeps Freezing .. Gtx 780 Ti

20 replies to this topic

#1 Friskyrum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hello! I just barely downloaded the game last night, and in every single game I have ran into, it freezes either instantly or 5 minutes into it!

My Specs are as follows:

AMD FX-8350 4.5 GHz 8 Core

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8gb Ram

GTX 780 Ti

I have tried everything to get this to work, and everything on the forums of limiting your FPS, lowering settings, using V-Synch, windowed mode then go back to fullscreen and nothing has worked, can someone please help me!

#2 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Frisky, Are you overclocking that 8350 to 4.5 GHz? If so check your CPU temp. I run the 8350 at stock speed, and also run a gtx 760, and the game is smooth on ultra settings. Just noticing you said 4.5GHz so maybe it is a heat thing with the processor.

#3 Friskyrum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostPieRat, on 06 February 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

Frisky, Are you overclocking that 8350 to 4.5 GHz? If so check your CPU temp. I run the 8350 at stock speed, and also run a gtx 760, and the game is smooth on ultra settings. Just noticing you said 4.5GHz so maybe it is a heat thing with the processor.
Actually I'm running at stock speed, dunno why I said 4.5 GHz haha :). And yeah I checked the CPU temperatures and everything, they're all good. Every game works super fine on max, it's just this game that freezes for no aparrent reason randomly.

#4 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostFriskyrum, on 06 February 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Hello! I just barely downloaded the game last night, and in every single game I have ran into, it freezes either instantly or 5 minutes into it!

My Specs are as follows:

AMD FX-8350 4.5 GHz 8 Core

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8gb Ram

GTX 780 Ti

I have tried everything to get this to work, and everything on the forums of limiting your FPS, lowering settings, using V-Synch, windowed mode then go back to fullscreen and nothing has worked, can someone please help me!

I agree have you over clocked your CPU as current AMD 8350 is 4GHZ not 4.5GHZ if this is the case you may be overheating, However I also suggest that you try downloading updated drivers for your graphics card, Also check your event Viewer log exact time you experienced the issue it may tell you what was causing the game freezes and crash

Event viewer is located in Control panel under administrative tools look for windows log files in the event viewer

View PostFriskyrum, on 06 February 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Actually I'm running at stock speed, dunno why I said 4.5 GHz haha :). And yeah I checked the CPU temperatures and everything, they're all good. Every game works super fine on max, it's just this game that freezes for no aparrent reason randomly.

in that case try updating your GTX 780 drivers also check event viewer

#5 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

Agree with Death Storm. Check about updating the drivers. You should be burning through this game with that processor and graphics card.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

First question: What exactly do you mean by freezing?

A soft freeze where you can Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to Task Manager? Or a hard freeze where the entire system is locked up and you have to hit the Reset button?

Second question: What make and model is your 780 Ti?

Is it overclocked by default? Have you overclocked it manually?

-----

Here's what I recommend...

When the game freezes, hit Alt-Tab right away. Alt-Tab right away again, to get back into the game.

Sometimes you can see an error message stating something about the graphics driver stopping and starting itself back up when you do the Alt-Tab thing. The Event Viewer will have a more complete record.

Every time I had this problem (three times, with three different graphics cards), it was due to the graphics card not being totally stable at its clock speeds. Using MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X to down-clock the GPU and memory speeds fixed the problem every time. Note that is was NOT related to temp, only to clock speed and GPU voltage.

#7 Friskyrum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

By freezing, I mean I'm playing the game, then it just stops moving at all, no sound or anything. I know I'm not overheating or anything, my drivers are all updated, and everything should be fine. I tried Alt Tabbing out and in and that does not work, I have to physically close it my self or with CTRL ALT DELETE.

I can run Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 on max no problems and any games, no over heats with the GPU or CPU so I know it's not a heat issue with the CPU.

I'm not getting any error messages saying my graphics have stopped working or anything.

I am using the PNY 780 Ti Enthuisiast Edition. It is not Overclocked.

And the CPU is not overclocked, I typed the wrong clock speed because I was thinking of a different CPU.

I've tried everything to get it to stop crahsing and it just won't stop.

This is physhically the only game I've ever ran into problems running with my set up.

Edited by Friskyrum, 07 February 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#8 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

Could be a driver error. Have you done clean uninstall/reinstall with latest online drivers?

Also, could be a memory issue. There are programs such as memtest that can help isolate memory errors, and I'd probably download 3dmark and test your GPU *JUST* to make sure it's 110%

As a quick diagnostic you can downclock your memory as well. It COULD alleviate the issue if for some reason your ram is just slightly too tight to be stable.

Does this happen after a random period of time, or is it something like "exactly" X minutes into the game?

#9 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 06 February 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

First question: What exactly do you mean by freezing?

A soft freeze where you can Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to Task Manager? Or a hard freeze where the entire system is locked up and you have to hit the Reset button?

Second question: What make and model is your 780 Ti?

Is it overclocked by default? Have you overclocked it manually?

-----

Here's what I recommend...

When the game freezes, hit Alt-Tab right away. Alt-Tab right away again, to get back into the game.

Sometimes you can see an error message stating something about the graphics driver stopping and starting itself back up when you do the Alt-Tab thing. The Event Viewer will have a more complete record.

Every time I had this problem (three times, with three different graphics cards), it was due to the graphics card not being totally stable at its clock speeds. Using MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X to down-clock the GPU and memory speeds fixed the problem every time. Note that is was NOT related to temp, only to clock speed and GPU voltage.

Hi guys just give better understanding between a freeze and an application crash,

A freeze is were your entire system stops responding to users interaction meaning the computer has Freeze-id up meaning you need hit rest.

A crash where a particular application has crashed i.e software or a game meaning hitting Crlt Alt Del takes user out of app so you can hit end task

#10 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostFriskyrum, on 07 February 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

By freezing, I mean I'm playing the game, then it just stops moving at all, no sound or anything. I know I'm not overheating or anything, my drivers are all updated, and everything should be fine. I tried Alt Tabbing out and in and that does not work, I have to physically close it my self or with CTRL ALT DELETE.

I can run Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 on max no problems and any games, no over heats with the GPU or CPU so I know it's not a heat issue with the CPU.

I'm not getting any error messages saying my graphics have stopped working or anything.

I am using the PNY 780 Ti Enthuisiast Edition. It is not Overclocked.

And the CPU is not overclocked, I typed the wrong clock speed because I was thinking of a different CPU.

I've tried everything to get it to stop crahsing and it just won't stop.

This is physhically the only game I've ever ran into problems running with my set up.

Okay you will need to go into Event Viewer logs look for windows logs = system logs and look for and errors or ! mark check the exact time date error happened and post it on this form may give us an indication whats causing the problem.

Event viewer is located in Control panel under administrative tools look for windows log files in the event viewer

also you could type into Google mechwarrior online crashes with GTX 780 to see if anyone else has came across this problem.

in addition check sound card is update drivers

Edited by Death Storm, 07 February 2014 - 05:03 AM.

#11 Skynet93

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:08 AM

have same issues last night random freeze (total or like 30 sec) never before last update , have turned off post AA and thas fix my freeze in game

but now my game as random blocking on the UI i can move the mouse but the game look like blocked infinite loadind or connection.

Are u on win 8.1 u too?

Edited by Skynet93, 07 February 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#12 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

i have the exact same issue and i am using a 660 Ti. oddly enough it is at its most stable when i am running Precision X with a slight overclock. but i still will get the odd freeze where sound and everything freezes but in my case simply alt tabbing out and back in works to fix it for me.

#13 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

I've noticed a trend with the fps complaints and soft locks. it seems to be more people with NVIDIA cards having issues. have you updated to the latest drivers? http://www.nvidia.ca...aspx?lang=en-us

also note Some people have reported their user config not working and it is believed (not confirmed yet) the game looks for "prohibited" settings, and just disables the whole cfg if it finds any.

#14 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostShamous13, on 07 February 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

I've noticed a trend with the fps complaints and soft locks. it seems to be more people with NVIDIA cards having issues. have you updated to the latest drivers? http://www.nvidia.ca...aspx?lang=en-us

also note Some people have reported their user config not working and it is believed (not confirmed yet) the game looks for "prohibited" settings, and just disables the whole cfg if it finds any.

i do have the latest driver release to i didnt uninstall the previous drivers i just let the nvidia install thing do its thing lol

#15 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 07 February 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

ii didnt uninstall the previous drivers i just let the nvidia install thing do its thing lol

could have caused the problem, I belive Goose posted somewhere in this fourm a drive cleaner that he recomends to run prior to installing new ones, not sure where it's posted though.

#16 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

HI Everyone

In my above thread follow the procedure to check event viewer find out whats causing problem

check and update all you drivers relating to sound cards and graphics cards

for those of you have installed new driver over old driver uninstall for graphics cards go in hard disk program and files clean out any old Graphics Drivers

you then want to install Cc-leaner link be found here http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

use ccleaner use registery cleaner then restart the computer and Install Updated Graphic drivers I cannot guarantee this fix problem may help, best advice find out in the event viewer for any idea whats causing the problem.

#17 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Latest Nvidia drivers, if you UNINSTALL IN CONTROL PANEL [you know, Control panel, where the options live] you can do a full driver wipe straight through the Nvidia uninstall.

For the record, 4770k, GTX 780Ti, no issues, never drops below 90 FPS :P

And I'm telling you, this is a memory error. It may not be hardware side, but it's DEFINITELY a memory error :huh:

#18 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostSen, on 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Latest Nvidia drivers, if you UNINSTALL IN CONTROL PANEL [you know, Control panel, where the options live] you can do a full driver wipe straight through the Nvidia uninstall.

For the record, 4770k, GTX 780Ti, no issues, never drops below 90 FPS :P

And I'm telling you, this is a memory error. It may not be hardware side, but it's DEFINITELY a memory error :rolleyes:

what do u mean by a memory error? Like pgi needs to fix it?

#19 Friskyrum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

I still don't know how to fix this, nothing I do fixes it. I can run Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, any anything else on max smoothly with now slowdowns, over heats or crashes. It's pretty much a game optimization issue at this rate.

Is there anything else I can try? Because at this rate this games not going to work for me and I won't be able to play it.

Edited by Friskyrum, 09 February 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#20 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

I have something similar, it happens sometimes. Blank screen and sound is cut. Here's what i do:

1. Set fullscreen before game starts.
2. When it happens, alt+tab out, then back.

I'm not sure what causes it. If this works for you, use it as a stop gap for now. Hopefully it'll be resolved some time later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users