9 replies to this topic

#1 Grontag

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Well, I bought an Atlas. I played with it until I Basic it, and bought another Atlas. This second one liked me more, so I sold the first one. I am now about to Basic the second Atlas, and going to buy another one, to Elite them. But... I cant remember which Atlas was the first one! I cant remember if its a AS7-D or AS7-D-DC.

Is there any way I can know it? Ive searched but it doesnt appear on the skills page in the game.

Thank you.

Edited by Grontag, 13 March 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#2 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

Under your profile, stats, mech stats it will lest how much exp you have earned on each chassis:
https://mwomercs.com...stats?type=mech
You should be able to tell from that which chassis you use to have.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

You really shouldn't sell a mech after only having completed basic on it. Reason?
Because you need 3 variants with all of the basic skills unlocked to get to the elite skills.
When elite has been mastered by 3 variants of a mech basic skill bonuses double in value.

So it's much more efficient to keep 3 variants of the mech in your mechbay till you have mastered elite skill to get that basic skill doubling.
The Atlas you sold will have to be rebought if you want to master elite. You sold it for far less than you bought it for.

You have a long grinding road ahead of you if you keep selling mechs like this. Just an observation.

#4 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Do you remember if it had ECM? If so it was the DDC.

#5 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 13 March 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

You really shouldn't sell a mech after only having completed basic on it. Reason?
Because you need 3 variants with all of the basic skills unlocked to get to the elite skills.
When elite has been mastered by 3 variants of a mech basic skill bonuses double in value.

So it's much more efficient to keep 3 variants of the mech in your mechbay till you have mastered elite skill to get that basic skill doubling.
The Atlas you sold will have to be rebought if you want to master elite. You sold it for far less than you bought it for.

You have a long grinding road ahead of you if you keep selling mechs like this. Just an observation.

Not quite. This is something that is confusing for a lot of new players. Hopefully they simplify it when they revamp the skill trees.

First: A chassis is a mech type, like Atlas or Centurion. A variant would be a particular mech, like AS7-D or CN9-AL. A weight class is just that: Atlas is an assault mech, a Centurion is a medium mech.
  • Unlock all basics in three variants of a single chassis: Lets you unlock elites on that chassis
  • Unlock all elites on a variant: Doubles the bonuses from the basics on that variant
  • Unlock all elites on three mechs of a weight class (any chassis or variant): Lets you unlock the master box on any mech of that weight class (only becomes available if you have also finished elites on that variant).

#6 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

The UI 1.5 had the ability to view sold/unowned/trial mech MXP, but not in this UI sadly. Best bet is to use the profile stats section and once again you'd have to rebuy that Atlas.

#7 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Do you remember if you could you equip ecm in your old Atlas? if so, it was a D-DC, if now then it was a D.

#8 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostFelio, on 13 March 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Not quite. This is something that is confusing for a lot of new players. Hopefully they simplify it when they revamp the skill trees.

First: A chassis is a mech type, like Atlas or Centurion. A variant would be a particular mech, like AS7-D or CN9-AL. A weight class is just that: Atlas is an assault mech, a Centurion is a medium mech.
  • Unlock all basics in three variants of a single chassis: Lets you unlock elites on that chassis
  • Unlock all elites on a variant: Doubles the bonuses from the basics on that variant
  • Unlock all elites on three mechs of a weight class (any chassis or variant): Lets you unlock the master box on any mech of that weight class (only becomes available if you have also finished elites on that variant).

This.

Don't post if you aren't sure.

#9 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:32 AM

My sig links the post with explanations on mech efficiencies. What i do to avoid such things is master 3 variants before i decide whether to sell. Doing so would net me 6-8 million cbills each mech. The problem with this solution is, you need more mechbays, the default 4 are insufficient.

Edited by dragnier1, 16 March 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#10 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 16 March 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

The problem with this solution is, you need more mechbays, the default 4 are insufficient.

I have had enough people tell me you only need to do it one at a time that I am testing it out.
I am working on the basics for the third mech - if it unlocks Elite (already sold the other two) then (in theory) you should only need to own one at a time (IE unlocked is unlocked?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users