Have They Screwed Up Laser Reg Again

12 replies to this topic

#1 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

Anyone else noticed laser hit reg is failing again?

Seems the HSR is off as I can off load a full Timberwolf ALPHA into a Atlas and still have the thing standing after the volley.

That is a full 4 ER-medium laser Volley.

If however I gauss hit a mech, it is doing the hit as expected.

Anyone???

#2 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

You actually think 4 ER Medium lasers are going to core an Atlas in one shot? I think maybe it's your game knowledge registration that is off man.

#3 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

yea not seeing any 4 meds core my 104 points

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Idk, like 4 days ago I unloaded my 2 LPL into a Nova and killed in it in like 5 volleys, maybe I missed with some of hte shot....and spread it around....but it seemed to work pretty well.

Had a Firestarter circle jerk off like 70% of my armor....laser hit reg seems to work ok...

#5 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Yeah maybe I should have said I was standing right at his Large fat Arse and Shot directly into his Red Rear CT...and lo the said atlas turned round and attempted to nuke me with his lasers.

I do not mind taking damage, but when I dish it out I expect it to register.

#6 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

HSR seems to be very up and down. Sometimes it's not too bad and a decent proportion of my laser hits gets transferred into actual damage while on other occasions it's like my mechs are shooting laser pointers and not actual lasers. Whenever HSR seems hit the dumps, I switch to using FLD weaps....

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostBulvar Jorgensson, on 08 November 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah maybe I should have said I was standing right at his Large fat Arse and Shot directly into his Red Rear CT...and lo the said atlas turned round and attempted to nuke me with his lasers.

I do not mind taking damage, but when I dish it out I expect it to register.

Hmm, so Laser hit reg, its like playing a dice game...

Upon initiating a burst, roll a 1d6.

On a die result of 1-3 Damage is lost in the neversphere, 0 dmg dealt, all associated heat gained, you recieve 100% of the target's return fire
On a die result of 4 or 5, deal 25% of your max damage, all heat is gained as normal
On a dire result of 6, deal 80% of your damage, all heat gained.

If, on your next shot, you roll a 6, deal 100% of the damage, your following shot will only deal 20% of your max damage.

Or thats how hit reg in games feel.....even Planetside 2 seems to play out that way, as if it's controlled by a die roll rather then.......math and ebullets and our aim...and w/e else...

#8 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Not just lasers, all energy weapons, which means PPC and ER PPC, often when I chain fire my PPC's the the first will register and the second will not, this happens about every other time in some matches. The shots clearly hit the mech, yet the crosshair doesn't flash red nor does the paper doll.

#9 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

PPCs:
Unless you alpha, 1/2 damage

Lasers:
Unless you chain fire, 1/4 damage

#10 ThePieMaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNew Canton, Griffin Base

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

Laser hit reg has definitely been off recently
Keep in mind that this is 12 clan small pulses at about 100 meters which equals 72 damage.
http://youtu.be/UBf2wxDQQq4

Guess the increase to the HBK's RT was more than I though... :huh:

Edited by ThePieMaker, 08 November 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#11 Winged Ice Cube

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

It's not just lasers. I threw about 15+ AC 20 shots into an unmoving Misery and while the side torso blew off (it was standing sideways) the CT armor was not even breached. This was all within maximum damage range.

I've also experienced once brief desync where the mechs moonwalked for a bit then I died.

#12 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

I had some issues shortly after the patch, namely the all too familiar issue of entire SRM salvoes disappearing into the aether, but stuff's working fine now for me.

#13 Oto Kanon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostChrona, on 08 November 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

I had some issues shortly after the patch, namely the all too familiar issue of entire SRM salvoes disappearing into the aether, but stuff's working fine now for me.

It seems to be random. There are times when all my shots land and there are times when I just sigh and tab out after dealing almost no damage to my current target.

But I much prefer the current situation as opposed to the game being filled with hackers.

Edited by Oto Kanon, 08 November 2014 - 07:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users