27 replies to this topic

#1 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

I couldn't find a forum for reporting problems, so here goes.

I'm having lots of connection problems, never during matches, but frequently right after a match when I've left and just coming back to the "home screen" I get a connection problem message and then find myself at the logon screen.

It also happens often when I unlock a mech skill, the game halts for a moment and then gives a message about not being able to unlock, then I'm thrown out and back at the logon screen.

I'd say that both these errors happen after about 25% of the matches and skill unlocks.

What's worse is that lately the game has sometimes gotten stuck on "connecting" after logging on, sometimes it just take a long time (2-3 minutes) and sometimes longer so that I've had to kill the game process and start up again.

#2 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

So, I'm alone with this problem? I've got a stable internet connection and never have these problems with other games. Is this just something I have to live with in MWO? :/

#3 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostYellonet, on 26 July 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

So, I'm alone with this problem? I've got a stable internet connection and never have these problems with other games. Is this just something I have to live with in MWO? :/

I would suggest running the repair tool if you haven't tried that already?
For me, (and this was some time ago, so I have no idea if it will help you), switching to 64bit game mode solved several issues of the type you describe as well.

I'm going to move your thread to the Workarounds sub-forum, some of the folks over there may be able to help you more than I can.

#4 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostRhazien, on 26 July 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

I would suggest running the repair tool if you haven't tried that already?
For me, (and this was some time ago, so I have no idea if it will help you), switching to 64bit game mode solved several issues of the type you describe as well.

I'm going to move your thread to the Workarounds sub-forum, some of the folks over there may be able to help you more than I can.

Thank you, I'm already running the game in 64-bit mode, but I'll try the repair.

Just now I've was thrown out and have tried to logon 5 times... no luck so far, just error messages "Unknown failure", "Server connection was lost" or just hung on "connecting"...

#5 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

Ran the repair and it found and fixed some problems, after that logged on, took 20-30 seconds, and as soon as I see my mech I get "server connection was lost" and I'm back at logon.

Edited by Yellonet, 26 July 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#6 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

Ok, forget the 25%, it happens even more often now... this is getting really annoying as it takes a few minutes just to get back to the game each time it happens.

Edited by Yellonet, 26 July 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#7 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostYellonet, on 26 July 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Ok, forget the 25%, it happens even more often now... this is getting really annoying as it takes a few minutes just to get back to the game each time it happens.

Was this a clean install of the game? If not, I would try and re-install from scratch, see if it helps. I know that's kindof a mundane solution, but it's worked for me with other games in the past, even when repair hasn't. (Skyrim comes to mind).

#8 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostRhazien, on 26 July 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Was this a clean install of the game? If not, I would try and re-install from scratch, see if it helps. I know that's kindof a mundane solution, but it's worked for me with other games in the past, even when repair hasn't. (Skyrim comes to mind).
I just let the installer do its thing, I think it's been patched twice since then.
Is it possible to reinstall with local files or does it have to download everything again?
I'm asking because when I installed the main game it took literally a whole day to download, and I have 30/30 Mbps...

#9 Crusaderxix

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

well my issue is being unable to connect, do you not provide alabama service? because i cant even get started, i cant even get a login screen, this sucks, i know i probobly live in a bumed area but come'on i just cant connect ata all, i can go to the website here but no game whatsoever.

Edited by Crusaderxix, 21 August 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#10 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

This - or these - problems still persists. It's extremely annoying having to restart and login to the game over and over.
It's not enough to just try to log in again, then I get "unkown failure", and the next time I try the game just hangs on "connecting".
Sometimes I get connection problem just at the start of the game and have to start over. Sometimes it's just after a match, sometimes when I try to unlock a skill... all together it makes it quite common that something will throw me out of the game. Having to log into the game 15-20 times during a normal gaming day is no fun.

#11 Kyoin

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Okay, well lets take a look at a few other area's that could cause a connection issue, first are you behind a router or firewall if so forward the ports needed for MWO to your local ip or if behind a firewall make sure you add mwo to the exemptions and see if this helps. if not let me know and ill look into it more for you.

#12 Crusaderxix

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:29 PM

yes, that is my problem, you see i have it on my allow list and firewalls ok aswell so i am simply not in a network area and i have been a fan just about all my life i usedc to watch my father and my brother play the 1989 version in the 90's and it kills me that i cannot connect to your game and would love to be a proud supporter but as i have satated i simply cannot connect to your servers and want to resove the issue so if you could expand area coverage to argo alabama my heart would leap with joy and i would be ever so greatfull!

#13 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostKyoin, on 24 August 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Okay, well lets take a look at a few other area's that could cause a connection issue, first are you behind a router or firewall if so forward the ports needed for MWO to your local ip or if behind a firewall make sure you add mwo to the exemptions and see if this helps. if not let me know and ill look into it more for you.

Well I do have a router, but if necessary ports were closed it shouldn't work at all.

Anyway I've opened these ports:

TCP 45461
TCP 45464
UDP 21000 to 30000

Correct?

Edited by Yellonet, 25 August 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#14 Kyoin

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

yes that is correct let me know if that helps at all

#15 Crusaderxix

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

sorry no, not the issue.

#16 Kyoin

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostCrusaderxix, on 25 August 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

sorry no, not the issue.

Okay well lets try to get this resolved for you then as well, can you provide me with screenshots of what is happening and if at all possible adding me to skype at deimeter2? I would love to help you any way I can.

#17 Crusaderxix

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

did you get it?

all i can ever get is "there was an error connecting, unable to connect to remote server"

#18 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:45 PM

No difference unfortunately.

Just now, starting the game first time today, had 2 connection problems in a row, third time I got into the game, after the first match, connection problem and thrown out again. Ugh.

#19 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

It's great fun having to restart the game each time you unlock a skill.
Well, not really.

#20 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

Problem still persists if anyone like to know.
Almost never any disconnects from games, but quite frequently when starting the game, just after a match is done and when unlocking skills for mechs I get the "Server connection was lost" message and have to restart the game (just logging in again doesn't work).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users