Assault Win = 75K C-Bill Reward

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the reward for assault be circa 75k C-Bills? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the reward for assault be circa 75k C-Bills?

1. Yea (7 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Nay (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Should cappers be awarded circa 25k C-Bills?

1. Yea (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Nay (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 AbsUserName

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStar Leagues afield.

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

'Cause you know, when the lights win the cap and shots weren't even fired?

Seriously, assault should reward the fulfillment of the primary objective. At 75k reward, and perhaps a 25k bonus for the cappers, the reward for an Assault win would be in line with the average win (circa 100k, obviously a great game gives more, but a usual win usually nets this much, without premium)

Any thoughts?

#2 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

If the primary objective is to cap the base, then you should be rewarded for doing so and winning in that fashion. Otherwise it's just a sideshow.

#3 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

I don't see much difference between bad match with good reward and bad match without reward. But if people won't be rewarded for ruining match they will have less motivation to do it.
With the reward you suggested I can fit my locust with capture accelerator and fastest engine and start farming easy money. To be sure I'll grab couple of my friends with me. Just like in good old times when we were capping base on Alpine with 3 Atlas because it's a dumb map

Edited by Appuagab, 22 August 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#4 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

Admittedly, there is no motivation to cap.

If you cap, you end up playing less time, and therefore get less damage, and therefore less C-bills. No reason to.

However, what they're concerned about is base-rushing if they make it incentivized.

Which is why we need the turrets back. At least, in a non-****** form. The turrets should be powerful at SHORT range, for defending the base. Shouldn't be able to LRM you from 1k away.

As well, the lopsided/asymetric assault mode will hopefully remedy this.

#5 Acierocolotl

• PipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

Considering how long it takes for a light to grab a point, if you let somebody sit there the whole time unattended, I haven't got any sympathy, it takes minutes for a lone capper to grab your base, and turrets or no even assaults could get back there in time.

If you had turrets, a handful of lights could still take your base, and now it's capped faster, and turrets or no you're still losing your base. If a mob of lights got around your team undetected, you had a failure in scouting.

There's only one solution: Defend your stuff. You were HIRED TO DEFEND THAT BASE, why are you not defending it? Turrets aren't going to change that, unless you have All the Turrets, and then you're just going to wind up with those matches where both sides just camp out in their turret forts, too scared to face the other team.

So no. In fact, lights should get a bonus for capping. It's not their fault the other team couldn't be arsed to keep an eye on their own house.

#6 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ds/page__st__20

Talk about it here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users