BattleMechs

49 replies to this topic

#1 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:08 PM

Nerfing paid for 'situational' mechs like the Huginn into the ground to sell other 'paid-for-situational mechs' like the Oxide, plus the mechbays..

That's the game I'm talking about.

Makes me upset to have supported your game.
And before anyone says the Huginn was OP. Think about it. It was a 'situational' striker-light-mech.

Of course, they nerfed other 'free' mechs too like the Dragon 1N.
But they KILLED the Huginn, probably others too.

This sucks. It's not a good way to operate..
Had to be said.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

...Then just switch to the new metabots.

#3 VirtualRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Yeah I was sad when they nerfed the huggin. I never thought it was too powerful, but it sure was a joy to chainfire those srm4's endlessly! Even if it was too powerful, whats the excuse, the jenner 2c does what the huggin did but way way better. Sometimes idk wtf they're thinking Posted Image

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,991 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

I had no idea about quirks when I bought my Huggin in 2014

I just needed a Mech for CW

I also havent used my Huggin since June 2015

#5 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

And the lesson here kids is never buy a mech based on quirks. It will likely end in tears sooner or later. If you buy a mech based on what works for you and what you enjoy, you barely even notice the quirks.

#6 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Nerfing paid for 'situational' mechs like the Huginn into the ground to sell other 'paid-for-situational mechs' like the Oxide, plus the mechbays..

And before anyone says the Huginn was OP. Think about it. It was a 'situational' striker-light-mech.

Had to be said.

Huggin isnt a FREE mech

Huggin is a HERO mech, to have something THAT strong and ONLY available for REAL MONEY would make it more then OP, it would make it the P2W Raven. They nerfed the DRG because it was stupid OP same thing as the Huggin. If you cant see how OP quirks like that are then you need more help then i can give you.

So you may THINK PGI did it to rustle your jimmies but they actually did it to keep the game more balanced IMO.

Edited by DarthRevis, 19 January 2016 - 02:49 PM.

#7 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Had to be said.

But seriously, huggin took oxides jerb first.

#8 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

I bought the Huginn pre-quirkening, back when it was a useless piece of garbage. At least it's still stronger now than it was back then.

#9 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

View PostMerryIguana, on 19 January 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

But seriously, huggin took oxides jerb first.

This is true Huggin was here AFTER Oxide.

But i find it funny the op thinks IIC's are taking the Oxides or Huggins job, I guess he doesn't play CW much. Its really hard to get IS mechs into Clan dropships...and when i say hard i mean Impossibru.

Clans needed a Huggin/Oxide and we got the Jenner IIC which is the worst light mech (in term of tankyness and being able to survive) i have every played in this game. They make my Commandos seem tough.

#10 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

View PostVirtualRiot, on 19 January 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah I was sad when they nerfed the huggin. I never thought it was too powerful, but it sure was a joy to chainfire those srm4's endlessly! Even if it was too powerful, whats the excuse, the jenner 2c does what the huggin did but way way better. Sometimes idk wtf they're thinking Posted Image

Because the jenner 2c is massive and easier to hit than a screen shake stunlocking huggin.

You knew the mechs where bad when you bought them dunno why you where suprised when they got uberquirks...REALLY dont know why you where suprised when they got those uberquirks removed.

#11 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

I think this game was miles better before quirks overbuffing certain shite mechs.
It got way out of hand.Yes some mechs need a buff due to power creep (Victor) but quirks is not the way to balance mechs.

#12 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

View PostPjwned, on 19 January 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

I drink your tears. If you bought any mechs for their absurd quirks then you're a baddie scrub.

The Mech was bought because it was 'situational' and in it's niche, a good one.
Not because it was OP, it had serious weaknesses. But yeah, I kinda see your point. Nonetheless... should PGI be doing this?

#13 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

The Mech was bought because it was 'situational' and in it's niche, a good one.
Not because it was OP, it had serious weaknesses. But yeah, I kinda see your point. Nonetheless... should PGI be doing this?

What do you mean Should they? If at first you dont succeed try, try, try again!

So you think they should have left it alone after the first attempt at balance? Because we would still have OP as F$&k TBR's, CXL with no downsides and Thunderbolts with triple ERPPC spam for months.

The Huggin was OP for its weight, OP for its firepower and OP for it 2 WEAPONS system that had the DPS of some mech with fully loaded hardpoints.

It was OP and bad for gameplay weather you realize it or not. Its the same concept (just a different extreme) that we see with the BJ;'s right now. They take up to 4x the dmg to drop as a 50 tonner and they are 5 tons lighter. Its just makes for bad, weird, silly, nonsensical gameplay and makes people go "hmm?"

Edited by DarthRevis, 19 January 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#14 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostCharronn, on 19 January 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

I think this game was miles better before quirks overbuffing certain shite mechs.

You mean the game was way better before Clan mechs right? Because Post Clans Pre Quirks was a real rough time to be running IS mechs.

#15 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 19 January 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Because the jenner 2c is massive and easier to hit than a screen shake stunlocking huggin. You knew the mechs where bad when you bought them dunno why you where suprised when they got uberquirks...REALLY dont know why you where suprised when they got those uberquirks removed.

Thing is, the Huginn was balanced with the 'uberquirks'. Yes it was powerful. So was the Dragon, but they had major weaknesses. Huginn had heat problems, ammo problems and a competent pilot could swat it. It didn't need smashing.

My point isn't really about my beloved Huginn, it's about what how PGI is peddling sales.
PGI needs to get sales, fair enough. But was nerfing the Huginn about balance? If so, they got it wrong.. again.

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

What do you mean Should they? If at first you dont succeed try, try, try again! So you think they should have left it alone after the first attempt at balance? Because we would still have OP as F$&k TBR's, CXL with no downsides and Thunderbolts with triple ERPPC spam for months. The Huggin was OP for its weight, OP for its firepower and OP for it 2 WEAPONS system that had the DPS of some mech with fully loaded hardpoints. It was OP and bad for gameplay weather you realize it or not. Its the same concept (just a different extreme) that we see with the BJ;'s right now. They take up to 4x the dmg to drop as a 50 tonner and they are 5 tons lighter. Its just makes for bad, weird, silly, nonsensical gameplay and makes people go "hmm?"

I wholeheartedly disagree in some respects, but if a mech is GENUINELY over quirked, reign it in..

#16 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

What do you mean Should they? If at first you dont succeed try, try, try again!

So you think they should have left it alone after the first attempt at balance? Because we would still have OP as F$&k TBR's, CXL with no downsides and Thunderbolts with triple ERPPC spam for months.

The Huggin was OP for its weight, OP for its firepower and OP for it 2 WEAPONS system that had the DPS of some mech with fully loaded hardpoints.

It was OP and bad for gameplay weather you realize it or not. Its the same concept (just a different extreme) that we see with the BJ;'s right now. They take up to 4x the dmg to drop as a 50 tonner and they are 5 tons lighter. Its just makes for bad, weird, silly, nonsensical gameplay and makes people go "hmm?"

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Thing is, the Huginn was balanced with the 'uberquirks'. Yes it was powerful. So was the Dragon, but they had major weaknesses. Huginn had heat problems, ammo problems and a competent pilot could swat it. It didn't need smashing.

My point isn't really about my beloved Huginn, it's about what how PGI is peddling sales.
PGI needs to get sales, fair enough. But was nerfing the Huginn about balance? If so, they got it wrong.. again.

I wholeheartedly disagree in some respects, but if a mech is GENUINELY over quirked, reign it in..

Thankfully, the Huginn is non-existent in game again...exactly how PGI wants it. Dragon 1Ns had to go also, because reasons.

#17 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostPjwned, on 19 January 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

I drink your tears.

If you bought any mechs for their absurd quirks then you're a baddie scrub.

To be fair, the Huginn was a catastrophic mech when it was released. And while I bought it then, I don't blame people who bought the Huginn because of the quirks. Because without the quirks, we all know it's almost as bad as the SDR-5V.

Quirks were the only thing that made the Huginn viable.

2 missile hardpoints and 4 Marshmellow Guns? Who came up with that idea for a Raven? I bought it reluctantly, because I'm such a huge fan of the Ravens, but it was pretty much a worst case scenario in terms of hardpoints.

#18 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 19 January 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

Thankfully, the Huginn is non-existent in game again...exactly how PGI wants it. Dragon 1Ns had to go also, because reasons.

So are you gonna change that tune when the re scaled DRG get released and is a decent - good mech again?

RVN's are pretty non existent anyway sooo....

Yea its how PGI wants it....its their game after all.

#19 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

Why would you use your light mech as anything but a striker in this game? Especially the faster lot of lights, that's their primary purpose alongside stealing all the spotting rewards.

#20 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

This is true Huggin was here AFTER Oxide.

But i find it funny the op thinks IIC's are taking the Oxides or Huggins job, I guess he doesn't play CW much. Its really hard to get IS mechs into Clan dropships...and when i say hard i mean Impossibru.

Clans needed a Huggin/Oxide and we got the Jenner IIC which is the worst light mech (in term of tankyness and being able to survive) i have every played in this game. They make my Commandos seem tough.

Clans? IICs?
Nothing was said of this and I think you've read too much between the lines.
What I said is more about 'SALES' than my favourite mech. I play CW a LOT. I'm pretty good too.. :) x
And.. I have Commandos. They are usable. Huginn is not.. :(
Evidence.. Look around in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users