52 replies to this topic

#1 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

I just noticed that the Hellbringer has absolutely no quirks! I love the Hellbringer! Will it not get any love? Posted Image Would love to see PPC/Laser quirks along with an electronics package quirk.Posted Image

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

It was one of the premier top Clam picks

Was it power creep that brought it down? No, blanket nerfs.
Or both, I suppose

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

It has ECM, which automatically puts it in the back end of the quirk line. Not to mention high mounted energy points that are ideal for sword and boarding.

#4 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:31 AM

The Kit Fox alone has quirks, not ECM related but has a number of quirks. It's not just the Hellbringer but i noticed other mechs not having any... Needless to say, only 3 existing variants with the F soon to come. Oh PGI please create some quirks so that i may love my Hellbringer even more Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

Hellbringer does not need quirks

#6 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:48 AM

Why?

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:00 AM

Most of the clan mechs that preform well don't have quirks, mostly because quirks are supposed to be to help underpreforming mechs, at least originally. Now a days they seem to be thrown on just about anything, examples being Kodiak getting quirks while the Dire Wolf still has none.

You'll probably not see quirks on the Stormcrow, Hellbringer, Timber Wolf, or Ebon Jaguar. Infact Stormcrows had negative quirks originally, and Timber Wolf still has a few.

Thing is the Hellbringer is fine without quirks. It would be stronger with quirks, but to be honest it doesn't actually need to be stronger, its good enough. If we could just normalize all mechs so they are good enough and just that things would be pretty nice.

#8 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:20 AM

I don't think the Hellbringer needs to be more like the best Clan mechs. The best Clan mechs are OP. They need to be nerfed. It's as simple as that, unless you want to bury every mech under a mountain of quirks to make them on par with the TBR, EBJ, etc.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 August 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

I don't think the Hellbringer needs to be more like the best Clan mechs. The best Clan mechs are OP. They need to be nerfed. It's as simple as that, unless you want to bury every mech under a mountain of quirks to make them on par with the TBR, EBJ, etc.

More like the best Clan mechs? It is one of them. If anything its easily on par with the Ebon Jaguar, I'd rate it better personally. It has better hitboxes than an EBJ, hardpoints aren't as spread out, has ECM, has more free slots, main disadvantage is it has 5 tons less free tonnage. I also prefer its specialization with ECM and hitboxes over the more general purpose nature of the Timber Wolf, though that's preference.

#10 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostElizavitka Kerensky, on 29 August 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

I just noticed that the Hellbringer has absolutely no quirks! I love the Hellbringer! Will it not get any love? Posted Image Would love to see PPC/Laser quirks along with an electronics package quirk.Posted Image

I can only assume you want negative quirks, because positive quirks on one of the best mechs in the game would be insane.

#11 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:49 AM

Hellbringer is the only clan mech I own.

It's one of my best performers. The lack of quirks does only one thing for me, and that is make it hard to sit on 3 variants (since I don't really play FW). I built them all slightly differently, and just wreck face in variable builds now. I'm tempted to pick up a TBR or EBJ during the upcoming sale to compare, but I honestly don't think it needs any quirks right now.

I think there are a lot of Heavies out there that need love first, like the Orion, Cataphract or Dragon.

#12 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

View PostBoulangerie, on 30 August 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

It's one of my best performers. The lack of quirks does only one thing for me, and that is make it hard to sit on 3 variants (since I don't really play FW). I built them all slightly differently, and just wreck face in variable builds now. I'm tempted to pick up a TBR or EBJ during the upcoming sale to compare, but I honestly don't think it needs any quirks right now.

I think there are a lot of Heavies out there that need love first, like the Orion, Cataphract or Dragon.

Orion doesn't need as much help as people think. Build it like an Atlas, play sneaky, and have fun ruining people's day.

#13 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostElizavitka Kerensky, on 29 August 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

Hellbringer would be better served by letting us use ENDO on it. #FREETHEHELLBRINGER

Hell offer us a hero version with endo unlocked -- that would get PGI some $$

Edited by nehebkau, 30 August 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#14 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 30 August 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

Hellbringer would be better served by letting us use ENDO on it. #FREETHEHELLBRINGER

Hell offer us a hero version with endo unlocked -- that would get PGI some $$

All the clan mech with no Endo deserve this option. This a silly choice by PGI since the implementation of Omnimech and IMO the explanation of the big differences in clan chassis.

Most OP clan mech are chassis with Endo + Ferro and an engine adapted to their weight.

#15 Myantra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 210 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:12 AM

View PostBoulangerie, on 30 August 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

I think you could skip the Ebon Jaguar, unless you just really want it. It can mount more firepower than the Hellbringer, but ECM means you will always be more valuable to the team than an Ebon Jaguar. The only real advantage the Ebon Jaguar has is the high mounts and arms for playing peek-a-boo. Since you already like the Hellbringer, I think you would end up enjoying the Timberwolf purchase more.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

^^^ timby would be a better choice.

#17 Trollfeed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

Asking for endo + quirks for good clan heavy is just wishing for power creep. Locked equipment and less quirks are there to balance lighter clan weapons and equipment.

At the moment heavies have best balance inside their weight class after last quirk pass toned down some more extreme quirks. Please don't break it.

#18 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 August 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

It was one of the premier top Clam picks

Was it power creep that brought it down? No, blanket nerfs.
Or both, I suppose

PGI's game of chase the meta via quirks/nerfs. Hellbringers time in the sun has come and gone.

Hellbringers downfall: The gauss nerf

#19 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:28 AM

Def does not need em.
Going to be interesting to see what happens with the new loyalty HBR

Edited by Boogie138, 30 August 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#20 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

High mounted torso weapons, ECM...it shouldn't have quirks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users