131 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostwolfe

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

I rarely ever post, matter of fact I think it has been years. I'm just posting in the hopes the Devs actually read this.

As a customer, I'm not going to play 12v12 faction play anymore. When the match maker puts a 12 person team up against a team of 12 puggers the game becomes a waste of my game time. I'm not interested in doing four drops so the organized team of 12 gets some practice in while mopping the floor with me and 11 puggers. I'll stick to the quick matches while over time your faction play has a smaller and smaller pool of players to pick from.

And to the flamers in the 12 person teams, say what you want but if you can't get more people to play with you, you will eventually have nobody to play with.

Peace Posted Image

#2 vipetheviper

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostGhostwolfe, on 31 March 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

I rarely ever post, matter of fact I think it has been years. I'm just posting in the hopes the Devs actually read this.

As a customer, I'm not going to play 12v12 faction play anymore. When the match maker puts a 12 person team up against a team of 12 puggers the game becomes a waste of my game time. I'm not interested in doing four drops so the organized team of 12 gets some practice in while mopping the floor with me and 11 puggers. I'll stick to the quick matches while over time your faction play has a smaller and smaller pool of players to pick from.

And to the flamers in the 12 person teams, say what you want but if you can't get more people to play with you, you will eventually have nobody to play with.

Peace Posted Image

You literally said nothing constructive. It's better to state the WHYs or HOWs etc. Also what happens when an 11 man group drops....1 PUG will have to go with him.

If you are tired of being stomped, find a group to drop with.

#3 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

There is no Matchmaker in CW/FW/FP.

The game simply puts 12 Claners vs 12 Inner Sphere. First come first serve.

So if you want to have better matches, you need to group up with other players.

But I agree with you, the more rofl-stomps in CW happen, less and less players will play.
On the other hand, this could be incentive for some players, to get better, and finaly beat those guys, who rofl-stomped me in the past matches. Where is the spirit of the 80's , where computer games where harder to master than most games nowadays.

#4 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

I mostly make Marik groups if you wanna join in on some of them, drop in teamspeak at: Housemarik.enjinvoice.com and look me up there if I'm playing. ;)

#5 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

PGI PLEEZ NERF TEAMWORK!!! Also, communication is OP.

But seriously you're right the games against pugs aren't my cup of tea either. Organize. Competative matches against other TEAMS are what brings me back.

#6 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

As usual the potatoes are complaining

#7 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

Theres a reason why Faction Play is a Different ball game.

1. There is No Matchmaker. It was mentioned at the very beginning via the notice.

2. There is No Solo Queue. It failed at Phase 3.

3. There is NO Mech chassis Limit like it is with Quick Play. When you are against a 12 man, you can expect to be dealing with builds that will murder your builds or worse.

4. Join with teams. Seriously. This is a team game based. If you are not working with teams on a TeamSpeak server, Cant say your "Experience" in Faction play is going to be good.

I saw ya In that game on conquest earlier and guess what, tough ****. man. Its the price you pay for attempting to solo drop. Not our fault nor is it PGI's.

#8 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

It is not a bad thing that you will not be continuing to drop.

CW is the mode for teams to play each other. People dropping solo who have the attitude that it will be the same as quick play and they should be successful pugging are not the players the mode wants to attract anyway.

Thank you for making the right decision.

#9 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

Peace Posted Image

Bless my stars. A team hating salt thread! Number 18999.7 by last count.(It can be hard to tell tho, So much data was lost in the great uninstalling of phase 3) And here I thought it was gonna be a slow night on the forums. So how far along are we yet? Has there been a 800 word no spaces rant yet?

#10 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Not playing is the right decision. Stay in QP until you get bored of it, and then you may consider giving FP a shake.

#11 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Believe it or not, even dropping in a 12 man group vs 12 pugs...is boring too.

I dropped for 2+years in cw with my team, using ts, coordinating, etc.etc.....and I must say that I got bored.

Now I enjoy dropping solo, even in cw, where I can get a good challenge trying to carry all alone and I don't mind the final result anymore.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 31 March 2018 - 10:21 PM.

#12 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 31 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Believe it or not, even dropping in a 12 man group vs 12 pugs...is boring too.

I dropped for 2+years in cw with my team, using ts, coordinating, etc.etc.....and I must say that I got bored.

Now I enjoy dropping solo, even in cw, where I can get a good challenge trying to carry all alone and I don't mind the final result anymore.

Pretty much this. I try to avoid playing in a large FW group as much as possible, though occasionally I still end up on one of the 12 man murderball snoozefests when I get invited to someone else's group. I usually try and drop as a group of 4 and carry hard when/if I play FW.

#13 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:22 AM

Another Farmers vs Crops flame war as usual :) If farmers wanna keep farming then let them. Theres nothing like pug stomping after a hard day of work even if you have to wait in queue for couple of hours. Events provide enough MC to collect mechbays anyway so let them be and wait for Solaris.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

And yet another whinge topic...

Page 2 can't come sooner.

#15 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:41 AM

Peace Posted Image

go to community teamspeak, find group thats dropping, ask to drop with them, proceed from there. boom, your problem is almost solved, and youll have finally taken your first REAL steps into fw, everything before then is pregaming.

#16 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

"A strange mode - the only winning move is to team up or not to play" - WOPR

#17 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:42 AM

I think all of us want you to:

A. Make friends/join a unit
B. Make a team
C. Come fight us

#18 Gogopher

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

OP is exactly correct...pug faction play and grouped quick play are baf....anything more than 4 man groups (with some sort of anti sync dropping mechanic) is a pure waste of time...if the game wants 12v12 or 8v8 then by all means make a que for them that is exclusive to 12 purely grouped players...otherwise its just a waste of time to que with anything short of that...

this is one of. if not the worst games with regards to solo play and small groupings...forcing 12mans on the community is just plain stupid and limits the population to the detriment of the game

making friends and getting on comms isnt the answer...a 12man group will almost always beat anything less

#19 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostGogopher, on 01 April 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

making friends and getting on comms isnt the answer...a 12man group will almost always beat anything less

i kinda took you seriously until this sentence. the point of solo dropping in fw is that it gives you a chance to look around and see what units you may want to join, unless youd like to start your own. i reccomend joining the comstar ts or the strana mechty ts if your a clanner and finding people to drop with from there. trust me, its a lot more fun and a lot less work than it sounds.

in fact i welcome anyone who is displeased with dropping solo in faction play to go to the comstar teamspeak, and to find my unit, the ghosts of nox (g-nx) and do a few fw drops with us, and talk about your thoughts. see how you feel after, you might enjoy it.

#20 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

View Postnaterist, on 01 April 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

i kinda took you seriously until this sentence. the point of solo dropping in fw is that it gives you a chance to look around and see what units you may want to join, unless youd like to start your own. i reccomend joining the comstar ts or the strana mechty ts if your a clanner and finding people to drop with from there. trust me, its a lot more fun and a lot less work than it sounds.

This. 99% of the time dropping with a group on TS goes like this.

*join room, listen for a few seconds to make sure people aren't mid drop*

"Hey, do you guys have space?"

*join group*

"You guys dropping heaviest first, or anything I should know before we launch?"

That's literally it for 90% of the time. If you don't want to chat other than that, there are plenty of others on the hubs who also say very little, but listen for calls on focus targets/setup locations. It's about 30 seconds more effort than just using in game VOIP only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users