131 replies to this topic

#41 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

View Postnaterist, on 08 April 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

this is patently wrong. pgi didnt give you the tools to join a group for fw, teamspeak did. pgi didnt do jack ****.

Yeah - my bad - but there is always the LFG Tool which will help you to fill up your Group so from my point of view there is rly no need for any Pugs in FP.

#42 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 08 April 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yeah - my bad - but there is always the LFG Tool which will help you to fill up your Group so from my point of view there is rly no need for any Pugs in FP.

ok, try and make a group filled with random strangers using only the ingame assets, no ts, no checking leaderboards, no discord, nothing. let me know how it goes.

#43 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

View PostDarko, on 08 April 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

PGI has designed it to be Clan vs. IS now. Clan players are spread over a thousand different TS servers into small groups only suitable for QP or pugging. Suggest FP in any of them to your clan mates and you'll be laughed out of it.

If PGI ever opens an official TS (I mean one, not one per near-meaningless faction) and communicates it to all players, I'll be the first one to join. It would still be a far cry from a cohesive 12 man, but better than now.

In the meantime I'll continue to suicide in FP games as soon as I see ANH or laser vomit waves and suggest it to all of my teammates. Let them drown in a playerbase that hates them until they finally put someone on permanent balancing watch.

Well you may continue to suicide but if enough folks report you for it what do you think will happen first, PGI will give you more tools to play against only bad players so you don't suicide, or PGI will look at all the abuse reports on you and just ban hammer you instead, I know which one will be less work for them, do you? As a player there are about 3 servers I use to get drops if others from KCom are not around, so please don't act like you have to search for a hour to find some decent players on TS, they are on the most common one's out there.

Edited by Leggin Ho, 08 April 2018 - 08:01 PM.

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

12-person teams do lose to 12-puggers, but it's not often.

Generally, the level of teamwork exhibited by one side over is usually the difference maker. Obviously it gets amplified by dropdecks and skill, but the bar is often so low that having your teammates back is usually enough to be successful.

The sad part is that some people think teamwork is like being some sort of anti-Christ. It's OK to not be able to do everything yourself. It's usually NOT OK to be a poor team player.

#45 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Once you learn how to play dropping solo can be a lot of fun. You will loose many of the games but can still push out good damage and rack up kills. As you get better you challenge yourself to carry harder which makes you a better player.

#46 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

View PostDarko, on 08 April 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

These guys currently play FP on Clan side? Hard to believe. I've been looking for a unit for weeks and have found exactly 1 (DSx, which are diamond sharks), the rest has switched to "fun with lasers" on IS side instead of complaining. Great move btw.

Well they,are marcs so they switch all the time.

PGI has designed it to be Clan vs. IS now. Clan players are spread over a thousand different TS servers into small groups only suitable for QP or pugging. Suggest FP in any of them to your clan mates and you'll be laughed out of it.

If PGI ever opens an official TS (I mean one, not one per near-meaningless faction) and communicates it to all players, I'll be the first one to join. It would still be a far cry from a cohesive 12 man, but better than now.

In the meantime I'll continue to suicide in FP games as soon as I see ANH or laser vomit waves and suggest it to all of my teammates. Let them drown in a playerbase that hates them until they finally put someone on permanent balancing watch.
well NGNG has one and again so does Comstar.

And there are plenty of us small TS servers that would rather FP than QP...

#47 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:23 PM

View PostW4R GOD, on 08 April 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Once you learn how to play dropping solo can be a lot of fun. You will loose many of the games but can still push out good damage and rack up kills. As you get better you challenge yourself to carry harder which makes you a better player.

To second this I had a game recently where I was the only person to finish off 2 mechs... no one else got a kill... in a FP drop... I was pugging along and I still had fun. Why? Well the targets were fun to shoot at lol.

#48 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

These guys currently play FP on Clan side? Hard to believe. I've been looking for a unit for weeks and have found exactly 1 (DSx, which are diamond sharks), the rest has switched to "fun with lasers" on IS side instead of complaining. Great move btw.

What are you talking about? I was streaming all weekend dropping FP as Clan? People were comin/goin from the group entire time as usual. KCom were also dropping and they are Clan (they usually prefer to play Clan side).

We had teams non stop, that said not a lot of good ones weekend just passed, just gen-rushers and stuff. Just how it goes sometimes.

So I'm not sure you've really been looking that hard? Also depends on the time of day you play.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 08 April 2018 - 10:23 PM.

#49 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:43 PM

Yeah by using the other 11 Puggers as Meatshields - nice way to go.

#50 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

@MieschiefSC

"Yolo McSolo" - Thanks man, made my day :D

View Postnaterist, on 08 April 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

ok, try and make a group filled with random strangers using only the ingame assets, no ts, no checking leaderboards, no discord, nothing. let me know how it goes.

You mean what i do on a daily basis?

Works. Not good, but works.

Btw OP didn't add me as friend, so i guess he didn't want a priceless Pug-Commander with good W/L who can be asked about everything and is looking forward to help beginners and pugs and can carry Pugs and will sacrifice himself for the Pugs as 1st mech pushing in.

Then stay Yolo McSolo and rant about teamplay....dudes these days....

#51 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

It just makes you a better pug player it makes you a much worse team player. Skills in pug are not what you want playing on a team.

#52 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 08 April 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Btw OP didn't add me as friend, so i guess he didn't want a priceless Pug-Commander with good W/L who can be asked about everything

Tier up 2.0

#53 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 08 April 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

Tier up 2.0

Thats the way isn't it? The older player explains stuff to the younger player, like in nature among predators.

#54 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 08 April 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Thats the way isn't it? The older player explains stuff to the younger player, like in nature among predators.

Your right, Young one. You'll get there someday. Once you evolve past yelling push alot and gen rushing pug teams you will learn dae way.

#55 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:19 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 08 April 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Yeah by using the other 11 Puggers as Meatshields - nice way to go.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 08 April 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

It just makes you a better pug player it makes you a much worse team player. Skills in pug are not what you want playing on a team.

You know.... there are other skills besides pug shielding... very specific skills that are a nightmare for protatoes. OP skills like herding cats, calling positioning, and letting your team know the opfor's preferences for builds and strats because you've faced them so much. Things like situational awareness. This might seem like a foreign concept, but you can trade effectively from the front, lead pushes, and help to dictate how a match plays out. There's a lot more to this game than pure damage.

Insinuating that dropping solo and putting up good numbers somehow makes you a bad team player is pretty shortsighted and disingenuous...

#56 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 09 April 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

Your right, Young one. You'll get there someday. Once you evolve past yelling push alot and gen rushing pug teams you will learn dae way.

Jep, thats what we do all the time, gen rushs...But thx, didn't get if your comment was a buddy one.

#57 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:52 AM

View PostJaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, on 09 April 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

You know.... there are other skills besides pug shielding... very specific skills that are a nightmare for protatoes. OP skills like herding cats, calling positioning, and letting your team know the opfor's preferences for builds and strats because you've faced them so much. Things like situational awareness. This might seem like a foreign concept, but you can trade effectively from the front, lead pushes, and help to dictate how a match plays out. There's a lot more to this game than pure damage.

Insinuating that dropping solo and putting up good numbers somehow makes you a bad team player is pretty shortsighted and disingenuous...

Ya you're learning pug skills.

"Being called to push should I?" ,
"This guy is going left should I go with him?"
" I better more to the side or I will get cored out the back"
"My mech is to slow I need bigger engine"
"I need more sniping weapons"

Im not saying pugs are bad its just the two don't match. Thats not even going into team play and comp play. Thats just my view on it. I am at the point team play is the only thing worth it to me.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 April 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#58 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 08 April 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well you may continue to suicide but if enough folks report you for it what do you think will happen first, PGI will give you more tools to play against only bad players so you don't suicide, or PGI will look at all the abuse reports on you and just ban hammer you instead, I know which one will be less work for them, do you? As a player there are about 3 servers I use to get drops if others from KCom are not around, so please don't act like you have to search for a hour to find some decent players on TS, they are on the most common one's out there.

Darko ragequitted in all 3 games when he dropped against my premade stack. Player like him with a loser mentality will never improve in this game. Go back to yolo queue if you gonna ragequit like a little baby whenever you see strong opposition.

#59 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Good luck with getting a unit with that attitude.

There is a centralish TS which is the Comstar NA TS which hosts both IS and Clan and has FP specific channels at the top.

na1.mech-connect.com

#60 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Well you may continue to suicide but if enough folks report you for it what do you think will happen first, PGI will give you more tools to play against only bad players so you don't suicide, or PGI will look at all the abuse reports on you and just ban hammer you instead, I know which one will be less work for them, do you?

So far they haven't. I think they don't want to lose half a percent or so of their player base. Apart from that I was a pretty well-behaved player so far. Have worked my way to tier 2 over the years, always follow drop leaders' commands or give them myself and have a lot of play friends in the game. Please don't think I like to do this to a game I love, but recently it has become less so. I wish more people would complain or act out so PGI is forced to act and we can leave this behind quickly, but either people are too lethargic or there is a stigma against complaining in "roll up one's sleeves" America compared to Europe, idk.

As a player there are about 3 servers I use to get drops if others from KCom are not around, so please don't act like you have to search for a hour to find some decent players on TS, they are on the most common one's out there.

Which servers are these? Do you mean na1.mech-connect.net with KCom? Just bookmarked this one. Seemed to contain no big groups, but I'll keep an eye on it.

View PostGrus, on 08 April 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

And there are plenty of us small TS servers that would rather FP than QP...

The servers I frequented so far also contained individual people interested in FP, but I'm looking for bigger teams.

View PostGrus, on 08 April 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

well NGNG has one and again so does Comstar.

I've added NGNG (hypernia.net). This one is really empty. But I'll also keep an eye on it. Which Comstar server do you mean? na1.mech-connect.net?

Edited by Darko, 09 April 2018 - 11:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users