131 replies to this topic

#81 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:50 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 10 April 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Best way to have fun is to do funny things!

That's less fun for the opposition. Especially when your side can do it 2 times and they can't due to the tonnage difference..

Edited by Darko, 10 April 2018 - 08:51 AM.

#82 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostDarko, on 10 April 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

That's less fun for the opposition. Especially when your side can do it 2 times and they can't due to the tonnage difference..
why can't they? 2x executioner, 2x mist lynx, both c-bill available. Just run non-standard builds and have a blast. Load up on pulse lasers and make a light show.

#83 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

I doubt the executioner is as efficient as an ANH and the mist lynxes as one 30 and one 35 ton IS light. The tonnage difference was added due to a skill difference in the populations, not due to Clan mechs being stronger (which would break QP), if I may remind you. Here's the original news post: https://mwomercs.com...change-12152016

Besides that, the video is actually a really bad example of a near-12 man stomp of a couple of pugs. It certainly has some novelty value for the IS side, but I doubt the Clanners had fun.

#84 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostDarko, on 10 April 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

I doubt the executioner is as efficient as an ANH and the mist lynxes as one 30 and one 35 ton IS light. The tonnage difference was added due to a skill difference in the populations, not due to Clan mechs being stronger (which would break QP), if I may remind you. Here's the original news post: https://mwomercs.com...change-12152016

Besides that, the video is actually a really bad example of a near-12 man stomp of a couple of pugs. It certainly has some novelty value for the IS side, but I doubt the Clanners had fun.

Clan mechs ARE stronger, they DO break QP.
If i want easy mode i go timberwolf and churn out 1000+ dmg matches but poking is boring so normally i take some IS weirdo builds that shouldn't work and have fun instead.

The problem you are describing here is clan groups not being on TS BEFORE they drop so they cant organise double assault decks or all Orion IIC uber brawl etc. If they were and they did they would be more than competitive against IS 12 mans.

#85 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostDarko, on 10 April 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

no, using ANH isn't the way to go. Atlas' are. Its no longer close to meta, then you run dual commandos. The 2x executioner, 2x lynx deck would make a fine opposition deck as one relies on armor while the other is mobility based. I'm not advocating meta at all. I'm advocating using Sub-optimal robots to increase fun factor. Put good loadouts on them, but running flavor of the month isn't that much fun.

#86 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

View Postccrider, on 10 April 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

no, using ANH isn't the way to go. Atlas' are. Its no longer close to meta, then you run dual commandos. The 2x executioner, 2x lynx deck would make a fine opposition deck as one relies on armor while the other is mobility based. I'm not advocating meta at all. I'm advocating using Sub-optimal robots to increase fun factor. Put good loadouts on them, but running flavor of the month isn't that much fun.

CC, i think you should look in to more Dragons, Centurions, Blackjacks, Ravens, Awesomes and Vindicators, go forth and make non-meta!

#87 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

EVIL ran a kitfox first wave against our 4 man yesterday. It was funny as hell to see all those goofy robots boating srms running at my Atlas. I never thought of the kitfox as fast till they swarmed me with them while I was in a 58kph robot. Good match, good fun, no one base rushed even though it was incursion. We just shot the scrap out of each other and joked around in all chat. Instead of worrying about what other groups are doing, make friends with the other units, do weird stuff and have fun talking smack. FP becomes a good experience win or lose that way. Out group was between 1-5 for 6 matches yesterday. We drew EVIL twice, KCom twice, Templars and ARC7 once each. All good matches, unusual decks and good banter. That's how you do it. Trust me, all the units you meet are full of good people you'd like if you take the time to get to know them. Then you worry less about OP this or hacking that and get down to the real business of smack talk and explosions. You do stuff like getting your face punched in by KCom and follow it up by rushing out the gate and shooting them in the drop zones while they get ready for wave 2. Keep yourself amused, your enemy guessing and enjoy the matches for what they are; a chance to hang with buddies and blow stuff up.

#88 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

View Postccrider, on 10 April 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

EVIL ran a kitfox first wave against our 4 man yesterday. It was funny as hell to see all those goofy robots boating srms running at my Atlas. I never thought of the kitfox as fast till they swarmed me with them while I was in a 58kph robot. Good match, good fun, no one base rushed even though it was incursion. We just shot the scrap out of each other and joked around in all chat. Instead of worrying about what other groups are doing, make friends with the other units, do weird stuff and have fun talking smack. FP becomes a good experience win or lose that way. Out group was between 1-5 for 6 matches yesterday. We drew EVIL twice, KCom twice, Templars and ARC7 once each. All good matches, unusual decks and good banter. That's how you do it. Trust me, all the units you meet are full of good people you'd like if you take the time to get to know them. Then you worry less about OP this or hacking that and get down to the real business of smack talk and explosions. You do stuff like getting your face punched in by KCom and follow it up by rushing out the gate and shooting them in the drop zones while they get ready for wave 2. Keep yourself amused, your enemy guessing and enjoy the matches for what they are; a chance to hang with buddies and blow stuff up.
that was a fun match gg.

#89 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 10 April 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

CC, i think you should look in to more Dragons, Centurions, Blackjacks, Ravens, Awesomes and Vindicators, go forth and make non-meta!
but those robots are ugly. I like rolling the big sexy. My Atlas D. However, I Will see about an awesome, centurion deck. Although the aesthetics of it will hurt my soul.

#90 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostGrus, on 10 April 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

that was a fun match gg.
it was fun. Except for the amount of running you made me do to catch and kill your arctic wolf after you killed me. Lol

#91 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostDarko, on 09 April 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

So far they haven't. I think they don't want to lose half a percent or so of their player base. Apart from that I was a pretty well-behaved player so far. Have worked my way to tier 2 over the years, always follow drop leaders' commands or give them myself and have a lot of play friends in the game. Please don't think I like to do this to a game I love, but recently it has become less so. I wish more people would complain or act out so PGI is forced to act and we can leave this behind quickly, but either people are too lethargic or there is a stigma against complaining in "roll up one's sleeves" America compared to Europe, idk.

Which servers are these? Do you mean na1.mech-connect.net with KCom? Just bookmarked this one. Seemed to contain no big groups, but I'll keep an eye on it.

The servers I frequented so far also contained individual people interested in FP, but I'm looking for bigger teams.

I've added NGNG (hypernia.net). This one is really empty. But I'll also keep an eye on it. Which Comstar server do you mean? na1.mech-connect.net?
to the TS parts*sorry on a cellphone* i think thats it. Ill check my TS list to make sure and PM you on here once I get home. But to the "small" TS's, every Monday for us is FP night. Last night was packed with a 12 man and I think we had another 4-6 dropping in FP. We drop FP when ever we have atlest 8 so if your on and we have the numbers we don't QP much it's all about dem FP matches yo lol

View Postccrider, on 10 April 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

it was fun. Except for the amount of running you made me do to catch and kill your arctic wolf after you killed me. Lol
fast little bigger isn't it lol yeah I was beat to he'll after taking out 2 more then you came around in the roughneck right?

#92 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postnaterist, on 10 April 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Well we mightve asked your unit to help train us, but it seems like your unit is more or less inactive, maybe they dont enjoy your pokewarrior playstyle either?

Yes, i know, its a cheap dig, but its ash, im not gonna waste effort.

If there isn’t gens to rush you don’t win period.

#93 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

tonnage matters but you can mitigate it.

#94 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

View PostGrus, on 10 April 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

to the TS parts*sorry on a cellphone* i think thats it. Ill check my TS list to make sure and PM you on here once I get home. But to the "small" TS's, every Monday for us is FP night. Last night was packed with a 12 man and I think we had another 4-6 dropping in FP. We drop FP when ever we have atlest 8 so if your on and we have the numbers we don't QP much it's all about dem FP matches yo lol

fast little bigger isn't it lol yeah I was beat to he'll after taking out 2 more then you came around in the roughneck right?
yup, roughneck 1a, 2 srm6, med pulse and ac20. Good fun, but you gotta use the right angles to catch up to a arctic wolf. That thing was faster than it looked. My favorite part of that match was the half dozen super novas that were in the area I wandered into 28th my Atlas. I yelled into VOIP but I was dropping solo so pretty much everyone ignored me. The sheer amount of blue lasers was enough to blind my view for a full 6 seconds. :)

#95 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

View Postccrider, on 10 April 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

yup, roughneck 1a, 2 srm6, med pulse and ac20. Good fun, but you gotta use the right angles to catch up to a arctic wolf. That thing was faster than it looked. My favorite part of that match was the half dozen super novas that were in the area I wandered into 28th my Atlas. I yelled into VOIP but I was dropping solo so pretty much everyone ignored me. The sheer amount of blue lasers was enough to blind my view for a full 6 seconds. :)

Watch out for those kit foxes, I hear they are dangerous in packs.

#96 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 10 April 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Watch out for those kit foxes, I hear they are dangerous in packs.

No way man... something this cute could never be harmful!!

Posted Image

#97 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

hah you havent seen the UAC20 "fapping arm" kitfox then :P

#98 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

That's less fun for the opposition.

Having been the opfor, I beg to differ.

~Leone.

#99 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

View Postccrider, on 10 April 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

lol yeah we seen the atlas close so it was "shift fire left and a few light shows later, poof. Not much can live long vs 6 laz vom super novas.

#100 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostLeone, on 10 April 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Having been the opfor, I beg to differ.

~Leone.

Wait... when were you the bad guy? ;) lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users