29 replies to this topic

#1 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:22 PM

For a variety of reasons (none the least of which is that I have been a fan and stalwart supporter of PGI since the very earliest days of MWO), I have reconsidered my decision to boycott MechWarrior 5 on account of PGI’s decision to take advantage of Epic Exclusivity.

I made known my protest of MW5’s move to Epic on HBS’s BATTLETECH forum and by cancelling my Steam Pre-Order with PGI.

But here on the eve of MechWarrior 5’s Release, I have chosen to move forward and support this latest BattleTech game.

With HBS’s silence on further BATTLETECH game development, MW5 may be the only BattleTech PC game development we see from here through to the end of 2020.

In my final analysis, support of BattleTech PC gaming proved more important to me that my protest of PGI’s Epic decision.

Put another way, Epic Exclusive is a small price to pay for continuing BattleTech PC Game Development.

PGI is doubling down on the BattleTech franchise, and I’ll stand by them as they do. :bow:

#2 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

I have the beta. It's great fun. Let's hope the story in the campaign lives up to the stompy fun the beta promises.

#3 Alkospike

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

Any type of exclusivity is against customer, as it is less choice for same amount of money.

#4 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostAlkospike, on 09 December 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Any type of exclusivity is against customer, as it is less choice for same amount of money.

Thanks for the marketing 101 advice, I guess?

Edit - looking forward to the game. Hoping the salvage system adds to re-playability.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 09 December 2019 - 01:03 PM.

#5 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:50 PM

Looking forward to finally get in some BattleTech Co-op!

Hope the AI is up for it. : )

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Sure, if you say so. Posted Image

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

I've enjoyed the demo thus far. My biggest gripe is the UI and some sound effects. Regarding the campaign, I think it'll be on par with HBS's Battletech campaign and I found it good at certain parts and ok'ish overall.

Main thing though is that I'm getting the feeling that MW5 will be a FPS version of HBS's Battletech. So, it could be good.

#8 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

Not even a mention on Sarna...

#9 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:40 PM

I do find that odd. I do recall they did have an article that conveyed disappointment at the EGS deal.
https://www.sarna.ne...tore-exclusive/

#10 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:29 PM

Less than 8-hours until Launch!

Time to call it a night, get some sleep and get after it on the ‘morrow. : )

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 09 December 2019 - 10:30 PM.

#11 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

I'm giving it a go. I did take a long break for the past 6 months or so however. The main shocking things returning to MWO after a 6 month hiatus is that there are no new mechs and the faction play issues seem to have not moved forward much.

#12 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

View Postshaytalis, on 09 December 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'm giving it a go. I did take a long break for the past 6 months or so however. The main shocking things returning to MWO after a 6 month hiatus is that there are no new mechs and the faction play issues seem to have not moved forward much.
So much has gone into MW5 that it does not surprise me that those are your 6-month observations.

I’ve been away for longer than that so there is a lot here for me to explore and dig into in the weeks and months ahead... in between all the MW5 and BATTLETECH gaming that is coming my way of course! : )

#13 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:19 PM

Well with the cancelled preorder and the new order you didn't loose money, that is all, your money would not make MW5 a better game, as all the money I and other morons spend in MWO didn't make it any better.

#14 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 09 December 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

Well with the cancelled preorder and the new order you didn't loose money, that is all, your money would not make MW5 a better game, as all the money I and other morons spend in MWO didn't make it any better.
With 20,000 posts here on the MWO forum, you seem to have gotten your money’s worth from participation within PGI’s MWO Community alone.

Early Faction Warfare was all I could have ever wanted. Everything else has just been icing on the Big and Stompy cake. :bow:

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 09 December 2019 - 11:30 PM.

#15 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:36 PM

i feel bad for the people that bought this game

#16 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:40 PM

View PostRakia Time, on 09 December 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

i feel bad for the people that bought this game
No need to feel bad, some of us are fans of PGI and MWO. While I would have hoped the Steam/Epic decision cycle had gone differently, in the end I backed PGI.

Of course as a friend of mine is want to say... your mileage may vary. And that’s ok. :bow:

#17 Jyi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 09 December 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

No need to feel bad, some of us are fans of PGI and MWO. While I would have hoped the Steam/Epic decision cycle had gone differently, in the end I backed PGI.

Of course as a friend of mine is want to say... your mileage may vary. And that’s ok. :bow:

MW5 demo is what has ended my fanship(?) of PGI.

Even after all the crap with MWO, I was ready to believe they could make a decent single player game, but their constant mismanagement has proven otherwise.

Still, I'm holding a little hope it might be at least halfway fun. Though I'm definitely not going to recommend it to any of my friends like I originally planned. Not until PGI proves they can fix the mess.

I do hope you find the fun you're seeking in the release version. If I were you, I would've waited a couple days, but I guess the FOMO gets you in the end when you're a fan of something.

#18 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:40 AM

View PostJyi, on 10 December 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

MW5 demo is what has ended my fanship(?) of PGI.

Though I'm definitely not going to recommend it to any of my friends like I originally planned.

Stop lying.

#19 Jyi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:44 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 10 December 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

Stop lying.

Stop hitting yourself.

#20 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:57 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 09 December 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

For a variety of reasons (none the least of which is that I have been a fan and stalwart supporter of PGI since the very earliest days of MWO), I have reconsidered my decision to boycott MechWarrior 5 on account of PGI’s decision to take advantage of Epic Exclusivity.

I made known my protest of MW5’s move to Epic on HBS’s BATTLETECH forum and by cancelling my Steam Pre-Order with PGI.

But here on the eve of MechWarrior 5’s Release, I have chosen to move forward and support this latest BattleTech game.

With HBS’s silence on further BATTLETECH game development, MW5 may be the only BattleTech PC game development we see from here through to the end of 2020.

In my final analysis, support of BattleTech PC gaming proved more important to me that my protest of PGI’s Epic decision.

Put another way, Epic Exclusive is a small price to pay for continuing BattleTech PC Game Development.

PGI is doubling down on the BattleTech franchise, and I’ll stand by them as they do. :bow:

Posted Image

So basically, what you're saying is, you betrayed yourself... You were loud and all idealistic and stuff when it suited you, but have then, in the end, sold out..

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users