- - - - -

FRead did not read the expected number of bytes from the file?

33 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent Kalaras

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

I posted this once before and followed the instructions someone left about downloading objects.pak when the Fread error was occurring on the caustic valley stage, so I thought that maybe I needed to unistall and reinstall the game... Well now after waiting for the game to reinstall (took like an hour) and patch I'm getting the Fread error on every single stage I try to play. How can I get this problem fixed?!?!?

Edit: I have now followed the remove and replace objects.pak file and instead of getting the Fread error it is now just taking me straight back to the mechlab... WTH?

#2 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

can't help you and was going to leave this blank so someone could.
but I think that you want to email support about this, click the support tab up above.
hope you find a fix

#3 fullbodied

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I am getting this error as soon as I login to my account... any word?

#4 Strajen Marez

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheast Alabama

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View Postfullbodied, on 04 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I am getting this error as soon as I login to my account... any word?

just started getting this error. what gives?

#5 Big Papa Pump

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

seems that some pak files are corrupt. There is no workaround yet for this issue. Been getting it since 10/25/12 guys. They know about the issue but don't have answers for it yet. The patcher seems to be the issue if its downloading corrupt files, that is if the files are working on their end.

#6 x Marder x

• PipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 95 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMaybe behind you

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

welcome to the club.

Check the lvl pak files for each map there could be a error too with 7zip.
In this thread are some solutions http://mwomercs.com/...in-fread-error/

#7 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

well this post is old...but i just had this error and rebooted my computer and it worked again

#8 Zed 00

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Just started geting this error as well. know this is an old post, but has there been a fix for this error?

7zip shows Objects.pak is my problem

Edited by Zed 00, 14 May 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#9 Zed 00

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

OK Just incase someone else needs it here is a link to the repair tool.forum page.

http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

#10 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostZed 00, on 14 May 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

OK Just incase someone else needs it here is a link to the repair tool.forum page.

http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

THIS as a first step

Good luck with resolution all

#11 F37u5 Ea73r

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

i rellly hate there is NO fix out for his error...really frustruating

#12 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

You can back up the patches - which really helps cut down on reinstall times (unless you have a really fast connection)

If you keep having issues like this, you could try backing up all the patch stuff but the files you have issues with, which should cut down on the reinstall times.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

#13 Jackal369685

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

I have been getting this error recently as well. I have been off for a while but I have been trying to get back into Mechwarrior online. Before the recent patches this problem never occured for me. Then the day after I finished downloading the patches I tried to playing and while the map loading screen was finishing is when I first got the error message. I tried playing 3 different times that night but ended up with the same error message at the same point. At that point I started looking into the problem. The first thing i tried was uninstalling the game then reinstalling it. This in my case made it worse I could not make it past the login screen. Then I found the repair tool link on this forum. That only allowed me to play 2 or 3 games bofore the error message reappeared. When I tried the tools again only 1 of the 4 patches was corrupted again. This would not be such a big problem if it was not for the fact that it was the largest patch which is over 1gb big. I can't say for sure since I have only used the tool twice but with this limited knowledge it seems this patch corrupts itself. I believe it was the patch for objects. Is there going to be a patch released soon that will solve this problem?

#14 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

I've had this every two weeks (i.e. patch day) for months. I have to manually fix my .pak files by re-downloading them. I can't imagine how many players PGI have lost by leaving this unfixed for so long. Not everyone can be bothered to go through that, usually, people rightly expect the game to just work. You could hassle support about it I guess.

http://mwomercs.com/...-0-byte-errors/

Edited by warner2, 01 September 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#15 Spudz0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

still happening. I ran the repair. downloaded the 1.5gb.. and first match. BOOM F-Read.

repairtool says objects.pak is corrupted again.

I call BS.

edit:
Reinstalled completely.. I can no get into Training Grounds... However it STILL FRead errors on match start.
FFS

Edited by Spudz0r, 20 September 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#16 Nuclear Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLa Isla Bonita

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well, i just ran into this problem out of the blue while login on a old unused account...

Sometimes it crashes when I find a match... sometimes it crashes when its loading my account info...

Yay, i have to reinstall -.-"

******************UPDATE***********************

One of my PAK files got corrupted... Centurion cockpit files seem to be corrupted inside that PAK

well... im downloading and testing..

Edited by Nuclear Weapon, 30 September 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#17 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

I've been playing since last December and never had this error until today. Can't log on at all. So re-install is the only fix?

#18 sebmojo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have been getting this for months - there's no fix, but there is a workaround. First, download the game on another computer. Then run the fix tool until it reports all clear (might take a few tries). Then copy the files onto a USB drive and copy that folder over your own install. Important: retain the back up copy, and make a new one EVERY TIME YOU PATCH.

#19 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

On tuesday, the Object.pak file will be broken down into smaller parts and everyone will need to re-download the entire item. 1.6 GIGs. I would honestly hold off messing with it until then at this point. The issue is it is currently 2gig in size. If your on a 32bit system it will corrupt fairly easily.

#20 Name113995

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostMacbrea, on 17 November 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

The issue is it is currently 2gig in size. If your on a 32bit system it will corrupt fairly easily.

How 32bit system have anything with 2GB file?
FileSystem limits for file size are: FAT 16 = 2GB, FAT32 = 4GB and NTFS = 16TB
If you are referring about RAM allocation on 32bit systems that is also a error. True that 32bit system can allocate only 4GB of RAM but this game ( or any other game ) will not load in RAM whole archive(s) ( in this example 2GB file ), it will just load requested files from that archive.

Edited by IvanMolnar, 18 November 2013 - 09:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users