Conquest Xp Stupidity

10 replies to this topic

#1 HTTP Error 400

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

A solo Atlas wanders around Alpine and wins the game for the team by capping the points the other 7 team members ignored. The other 7 team members all die, but the team still wins. The solo Atlas, the only mech left alive, gets the lowest XP and CBills of everyone in the winning team. Excuse me for playing the game properly, next time I won't bother. Why even bother adding cap points if that isn't the point of Conquest? (I assume you should get more reward for playing properly, so something is wrong).

Edited by HTTP Error 400, 22 February 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#2 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

This is a common complaint with the setup of conquest (although this is the first time I've seen it come from an assault pilot). The people getting the nodes aren't getting any rewards at all (except for the 37,000 cbills that everyone else gets) because we're not fighting.

One of the dev posts somewhere mentioned adding additional rewards for non-combat actions, so hopefully they will change it.

Good on ya for playing the mode as intended and getting the win. I wish I could offer you more than that, but it's all I got.

#3 Whompity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 380 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'm just impressed you managed to cap all the points in Alpine in an atlas in under 15 minutes! Feet up on the dashboard and all of that? :D

Edited by Olivia Maybach, 22 February 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#4 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

So instead of helping your team brawl you walked around like a jerk not doing anything?

#5 HTTP Error 400

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostPoisoner, on 22 February 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

So instead of helping your team brawl you walked around like a jerk not doing anything?

Glad you were there so you know what you're talking about. Oh, wait a minute....

#6 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostHTTP Error 400, on 22 February 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Glad you were there so you know what you're talking about. Oh, wait a minute....

If you had time to capture even two points then you had to have started early in the battle. So, like I said. You're one of those Atlas players.

#7 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

There are other actions not getting XP/C-Bill rewards but they could only give out so many before giving away too much.
Scouts reporting on enemy units, how do you reward that?
Using your AMS to assist a team member being targeted by LRMs.

View PostPoisoner, on 22 February 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

Nothing jerk about it. Only problem would be if he and his team did not communicate but nothing was said for or against that.

If you want more Brawling, play Assault or ask for a DeathMatch/Annihilation mode.

#8 Whompity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 380 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Dunno, seems like his team should thank him for helping their W/L ratios and getting them 25k CB and some XP each. :D

#9 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Yep, definitely a common complaint. Its also the same complaint thats cropped up since PGI butchered any sort of reward for cappin in Assault. It is the first objective for the map, there should be some incentive for doin it.

Conquest should actually be even easier to give rewards to than Assault. XP/cbill reward every time you cap a point. It doesn't have to be large because there's 5 points on the map and they can change regularly, but it should at least exist.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostPoisoner, on 22 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

If you had time to capture even two points then you had to have started early in the battle. So, like I said. You're one of those Atlas players.

Yes, he won the match while his team died to allow the mission to succeed. A tribute to real team work. <S>400!

#11 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

That is an awful lot of very slow walking! :/

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users