Your Favorite Clan Mech

443 replies to this topic

#361 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'm gonna be weird and say the Linebacker.

#362 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostReXspec, on 15 January 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Dat Stone Rhino...

So... beautiful... e_e

I ran with a Marauder II that was armed with duel plasma cannons, and a heavy gauss.

She was hot, but if you managed your heat by being selective with what you shoot with, you'll melt 100 ton assault 'mech in about three volleys--if not a single alpha if you can land all the shots on the center torso. :)

I loved the Plasma Cannon! Preferred the IS version as it was a very good tactical weapon. You picked a hot Mech hit it with a couple Blasts and boom it's hur and not its even hotter than before! :D

#363 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Time to amend my favorite mech considering the current design of Clan tech.

While formerly it was the Hellbringer, with no way to correct for the massive armor issues of the mech I am afraid it is of dubious worth. Therefore:

Still want the Ebon Jaguar, as I loved that mech, especially as it was redesigned in MW4.
I am absolutely itching to get my hands on the Warhawk, and likewise the Stormcrow.

A mech I would love to play around with, however, is the Huntsman . A typical Nova Cat medium mech, designed to replace many of the roles of the Nova, while the first variant is a clusterfrak of weapon systems it does have some interesting configurations and tons of character. Alpha and Bravo seem like decent mechs, considering the power of Clan ERPPC and the range of Clan LPLas, and the C is like an entirely different mech altogether with a primarily LRM heavy setup, but with ample close range firepower in its back pocket. Plus, it is a very unique looking mech.

Also, 23.50 tons of Pod Space on a 50 ton mech is actually slightly more than the Stormcrow offers!

Posted ImagePosted Image

EDIT:

AAannnnd I just noticed that the B configuration basically is a Summoner Prime without the LRMs and with more direct fire weaponry. Well. That is a solid "win" in my book!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 January 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#364 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

Summoner (Thor)
It has jumpjets and one of each hardpoint.
Posted Image

#365 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Annihilator

#366 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Somehow the Huntsman lacking (at least at first look ) the pure brutality of Stormcrow . As I said before no matter what firepower and scary is the mech , my love remains towards the little Adder - simple and functional .

#367 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Gyrfalcon and the 'Black Rose' custom variant of the Shrike. I suppose the Warhammer IIC might be tied with the Shrike.

Posted Image

Edited by Peiper, 17 January 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#368 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

View Postdaneiel varna, on 17 January 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Somehow the Huntsman lacking (at least at first look ) the pure brutality of Stormcrow . As I said before no matter what firepower and scary is the mech , my love remains towards the little Adder - simple and functional .

Oh for sure, the Stormcrow is a beautiful machine. The huntsman, however, can fit the Charlie configuration of the Stormcrow with either an additional DHS or an extra ton of ammo, and have jump jets to make it an even bigger nightmare at the cost of speed. Perfectly respectable mech, even if it lacks the "kickassery" look the 'Crow has.

Edit: Correction.. it has 0.5 tons of additional pod space over the Stormcrow. My mistake. 23.5 vs 23.0. Making it about equal to the 'crow, trading speed for mobility.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 January 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#369 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

I am not saying that the Huntsman is lagging behind the Stormcrow - not at all - its create the illusion of avarage mech and you will pay dearly for that if you underestimate it .On the other hand the Stormcrow even its look is brutal scary - it has impresive firepower and armor , but lacking the mobility as you mentioned of the other famous clan medium designs , yet i will took it instead of nova , huntsman , ice ferret or shadow cat (i am skipping viper in purpose - never like it ) .

#370 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

You forgot the Battlechicken - er, I mean, the Black Lanner. :D

#371 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

You forgot the Battlechicken - er, I mean, the Black Lanner. :D

Lol why you even need to mention it . Seriously i forgot about it .

#372 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Omni: Timber Wolf

Non-Omni: Kraken

Clans make a lot of nice non-omni assault mechs:Behemoth, Jupiter, Highlander IIC, Warhammer IIC, and more than one Atlas stomping around.

#373 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

I am upset at myself. I forgot about a viable light mech option for the Clans that would be a great alternative (perhaps a better one) to the Mist Lynx - not surprising as it was, after all, designed to replace it.

The Arctic Cheetah.

Posted Image

Should be out and about as far as I know from the get go in the Clan Invasion, and offers a fast, jump capable, ECM equipped light mech with a potent brace of firepower and support systems. Like a jump capable Raven 3L. If it looked like a brick. :)

It would also look stellar next to a Huntsman. Just saying....

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 January 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#374 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 21 January 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

The Arctic Cheetah.

Should be out and about as far as I know from the get go in the Clan Invasion, and offers a fast, jump capable, ECM equipped light mech with a potent brace of firepower and support systems. Like a jump capable Raven 3L. If it looked like a brick. :)

You know, I initially wanted one of those in my CNC Nova that I built for the tabletop - I wanted to try and use as many early Omnis as possible to be able to play it in any Era from the invasion on, but I couldn't find a mini - even IWM had it mothballed so I'd have to pay extra to get it a copy. Ended up settling on a Shadowcat for scout work, though it's not as good.

#375 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Thor/Vulture/Loki/Daishi are all my favs. My biggest issue with the Loki though is how low the arms are.

#376 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image

Just remove the MGs for a SSRM-2

#377 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

If i were to get the clan mechs they would be, the Timberwolf/summoner/Stormcrow. those are my 3 fav and gonna probably just get those 3

#378 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

It's a rather uncommon choice, but I love me some Puma/Adder. It started with just liking it from MechWarrior 3 due to it being incredibly short for a mech, but over time I developed a genuine affection towards it.

#379 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostNathan K, on 28 January 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

*turns to BLOOD WOLF*

What is a DAISHI? :(

http://en.wikipedia....obu_Daishi_Line
http://en.wikipedia....aishi_Hiramatsu
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Daishi_Dance

#380 Lucas the Old

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

Hellbringer/Loki, Mad Dog/Vulture, Timberwolf/ MadCat In probably that order. The Hellbringer with its ECM and warped weapons mix (ERPPC, UAC10, ER med lasers and SRM's) it can get you at any range before you know he's there. The Mad Dog with its 2 LRM20's and 2 LPLasers and 2MPlasers for the up close and personal touch. And the big boy, the Timberwolf. With 2 LRM 20's and ammo for days. And its ER Large and Med lasers for when you want to reach out and touch somebody. But lets not forget the Med pulse and MG's for those lovely anti-elemental moments.

61 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 61 guests, 0 anonymous users