If You Had 1 Billion $ To Support Mwo...

35 replies to this topic

#21 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I'd triple the staff or whatever i need to do to be able to fund the game for at least 5 years, buy the IP, demand 1 mech every 2 weeks and a map a month or let the devs know each year there contract is up and i'll find someone better suited for it.

lower the mc costs in game fo fluff stuff and go with the sell everything for a dollar and make everyone have more cockpit items in each mech rather than 1 set and change for each mech.

then add clans and community warfare and make sure the timeline stayed on track

#22 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

If i were to give one billion dollars to support MWO... all i would want in return is 300 MC and a C1 Butterbee.

#23 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

I *will* say, however, I think From Software could outhawken hawken.

#24 Paula Fry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Would buy the Marodeur License and give it to PGI for free for the good work till now. And the rest i X rated!

#25 Wanderfalke NK

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

I would make the game as realistic as possible (considering its Sci-Fi, more Battletech-ish).
Giving the players the ability, to move arround as the Charakter they are, inside theyr Clan-Transporters or whatever Spaceship they are on, implement more options to RP this game but implement an option to skip this (if you dont want to RP and just drop in / matchmake games).
Further Progress for your Charakter, giving your Charakter the opportunity to qualify for the genepool if worthy. More skills to unlock, going back to battletech rules to ballance the game!
Enhance the engines Coding!!!!!

I mean, imagine this. How awesome would it be to run arround one of your clans Dropships, chat with your Clanmates face to face (ingame) and stand in front of your Mech to realise how freakin huge it is?

You could do so much with 1 billion, you cant even count.
To many Ideas to write them down all by myself.

#26 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well first thing i would do is rebuild the game itself.#1 i would give you your own character creator then make a BT world with walkable citys you could go do all PVE and PVP aspects with your character.#2 i would keep most of the mech part but redo it for PVE/SOLO PVP/GROUP PVP for stock/trial/custom/and premades.#3 i would buy you all a big chat room to hold millions of players from all over the world just to say HI! or hey you lets drop a 12v12 and train or battle.#4I would build a big planitary battle model like what they are planning but i would make it with a stock or custom mode playable in your mech or with your character.#5 AERO wars ill tell you i like space or plane battles so i would add that ability in as well.I would try to follow the BT lore when i could if it made sence there are probibly more i would do with that billion but this would be a start.P>S i would fix the forum for WIN8 and IE10 so i could write better posts :D

Edited by KingCobra, 23 February 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#27 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

i would make:

- lobby and private games
- stock mech option
- weapon spread
- rebalance weapons to work with weapon spread
- change hardpoints to be realistic - ie: a K2 can mount gauss/ac20 in arms not torso
- make the timeline 3015
- buy rights to unseen mechs
- build big maps with objectives
- ban all the MinmaxWarriors that turn the game into RobotJocks/WalkinTanksWithLegs/something that doesn't represent the true MechWarrior.

EDIT: banning the MinmaxWarriors is a little harsh...i'd just force them to play stock mechs only.

Edited by TheForce, 23 February 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#28 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hire someone to build a single-player campaign, fix ECM/missile balancing.

Then I would consider trying to buy out Harmony Gold. Instead however I think I would spend a fortune hiring people to ruin Harmony Gold instead.

Yeah, I'm that bitter about it.

#29 hashinshin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I would not get the unseen, as I feel the unseen NEED to be unseen so the old players have something to complain about. Why ruin that for them?

I'd probably start a big review at the company, because there's clearly some... people who aren't working very hard.

After a review of the company I'd hire on some designers/developers/network engineers with a higher pay grade. I'd also hire people much better at marketing to figure out better ways to make the game F2P.

The out of game UI is getting nice, the in game UI is alright. The F2P mechanics are incredibly sore, and there needs to be better progression. There's a LOT of horizontal progression (you can select one of 12 mechs to start at) but very little vertical progression, which a F2P needs. Additionally I feel factions should play a much bigger role, and in-faction progression is probably the way to go.

Edited by hashinshin, 23 February 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#30 ChrisOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Shut it down and turn it into a Mechwarrior game.

Edit: or at the very least define what the game is and try to be the best at that. Right now people claim it's a sim but sim fans know better. It's this weird undefined thing that shouldn't exist. Mechwarrior has been the VIDEO GAME translation of BT and it should be.

Hire army of support reps to handle refunds but offer incentive to stay.

OR if you want to make it a real sim than do that but for god's sake let's get some vision for this project. You could probably do this for a lot less than a billiion.

Edited by ChrisOrange, 23 February 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#31 Haegir

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

After 2500+ battles I have to say, I would spend it on something better than MWO such as a monkey that could fetch me a beer or something.

#32 Soda Popinsky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostSolomon Ward, on 23 February 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Ruin Harmony Gold USA.

But that would make Lynn Minmei cry!

#33 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 23 February 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'd buy the IP from IGP and the assets from PGI. I'd then give some money, assets, and the IP to a company with more manpower and with a better history with Mech games, so... From Software.

IGP does not own the IP.

MS controls the rights to the MW and Mechcommander video game genre.

Topps actually OWNS the ip for the BTUniverse and such.

If I had a billion dollars ... I wouldn't use it on MWO per se.

I would use it to straighten out the IP/Ownership rights of all things BTuniverse.

Which would probably help the MWO team a good bit.

If there was a significant amount left over, I'd than put together a team to do a totally zero profit closed sorce while I controlled the project, set to go to open source after I no longer controlled it, MW video game, concentrating on offline single player... and blatantly using as many of the unseens in exactly their SDF:Macross form as possible to thumb my nose at HG and tatsunoko.

If, somehow, there was a lot of dough left over after that ... I'd attempt to buy HG to rid the BT/MW and Macross universe of the legal plague they are; than go into japan and negotiate the rights for the visual designs from the people that actually own them - and that would be studio NUE, in the case of the SDF:Macross unseens. Maybe get the rights for all the rest of the non-macross images from their respective owners too.

Edited by Pht, 23 February 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#34 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

ooh! I know! I would throw a ton of money at PGI then I would back a Battletech movie deal with a budget that would make the LOTR trilogy pale in comparison to promote the game. That is what I would do with it. :D

#35 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image

Buy a pool with freaking sharks with freaking lasers on their freaking heads, and do the Meet the Spartans kick on the executives of Harmony Gold into the pool.

Then move to Canada so I can actually play the game with sub 50 ping.

#36 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'd actually invest the money into real life mech research and more importantly a real neurohelmet. Imagine the VR possibilities alone.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users