Speed = 81 (XL 250)
Armor = 304
Endo-Steel
1 ER PPC
2 ML
1 LRM-15 (1 ton)
1 SRM6 (1 ton)
5 JJ

While it doesn't specialize in anything, it is a really versitile mech. If I keep my awareness up I can engage the target more on my terms and/or jump jet away or run if needed. It has striking power at range and can transition into closer range / brawling quite easily. A variation drops the 2 ML's for a TAG and Artemis, which is also effective, but is a little less flexible overall.

I'm contemplating some 7K builds when I have the cash to purchase it. I have two under consideration, all repurposing the XL250 from the 7M (not enough cash for another XL right now).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...abee567054be62a

2 AC/5
2 ML
1 SRM-6

Not sure how well this one will work .... I think the one below may be better:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...123f56fa32978c0

2 ER PPC
2 SRM-6 (1 ton)
2 MG's (1 ton)
+2 DHS

Idea would be that it's basically a PPC sniper, but if/when I close range the SRM's + MG's can be brought to bear for a crit-cacular time.

Thoughts?

#42 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostLennex, on 11 March 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

My 3C is also unchanged, and its a beast. I am considering dropping an SRM6 for more heat sinks and armor. The biggest issue for me with this mech is heat heat heat. But so many times have I flanked an assault, alpha strike their back, run away, come back and do it again, then finish them off with a second SRM6 salvo. Its my favorite cat and mouse game.

For heat, have you considered swapping out the pulse lasers for regular mediums? You'd get more heat efficiency, more free tonnage for heat sinks/whatever, and more range, all for a relatively small reduction in damage (considering how much of your overall DPS comes from the SRMs). Heck, your overall DPS would probably go *up* considering how much more often you'd be able to fire without overheating, or you could use some of the tonnage to increase engine size.

#43 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Currently grinding Trebs, and I've found a nice build I find fairly effective!

5J

97.2 speed (XL 300)
Armor 254 Standard
Endo-steel
17 Double heatsinks (1.22)
0/5 Jump Jets (I find JJ's to be a waste of weight)
1ppc, 4med lasers and a srm6 with 3 tons of ammo

PPC gives you the range while you close in to bear your 4 med lasers (20 damage per hit combined), SRM6 as well (another 15 damage if they all connect). The speed will help with flanking enemies and getting around the heaviest of builds. Not a front-line mech in any sense, built for flanking and support of heavier builds due to the lack of armor, but can hang in and duke it out long enough if need be.

#44 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostPeekaboom, on 12 March 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Not sure how well this one will work .... I think the one below may be better:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...123f56fa32978c0

2 ER PPC
2 SRM-6 (1 ton)
2 MG's (1 ton)
+2 DHS

Idea would be that it's basically a PPC sniper, but if/when I close range the SRM's + MG's can be brought to bear for a crit-cacular time.

Thoughts?

my advice to you would be to drop the 2 SRM 6 to 2 SRM 4 and put on 2 more heat sinks. The right arm has only 2 missle ports, so each SRM shoots in bursts of 2. you lose a burst, and get to start recycling sooner, but to get 2 more heatsinks for yoru PPCs makes a huge difference. it's really a great trade off imo.

#45 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Just made this TBT-7K recently and am growing to love it more and more.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...222ccafda3d6e35

XL 255 (same weight as XL 250 if you have one of those for some reason) for the double heatsink benefit and brings you to just over 90kph with speed tweak. 2 MLs, 1 AC5 1 UAC5. Simple, elegant DPS. It rarely runs too hot, and when it does I just lay off the ML fire for a bit, and can keep up constant fire if you just avoid holding down the trigger and pace yourself a bit.

It's primarily based off chain firing and the UAC being nice. The normal AC5 is nice and reliable if you get into a pinch, but it won't put out the DPS that makes this thing an amazing sidekick. I find it works best (as most mediums do) when you let your heavier buddies take the attention and then move in to support. In good matches I average 500-600 damage, I'm sure if I had better aim I'd do much less but be far more effective.

Shifted armor towards the front to partly counteract the primary disadvantage of DPS (namely needing to keep your face towards an enemy for extended lengths of time). If you use both arms as shields you can soak up laser fire quite a bit, and by reducing the armor it makes them look like easy targets for pilots who don't realize your build has no arm-mounted weapons or who are looking for the component bonus. I've had enemies go for an arm when a rear torso shot would've been far more advantageous.

I won't say it's the 'best' build, but the 7K has limited benefits, and this tries to make the most out of all of them.

Edited by DodgerH2O, 11 May 2013 - 06:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users