51 replies to this topic

#21 Esplodin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'd be very interested in seeing details by chassis.

#22 miGu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

View Postciller, on 25 February 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Can I just say I am very impressed by miGu and his points per match. Way to go man, way to go!!!!

Thanks dude. Gongratz to you as well, I thought you were winning med for sure at one point.

#23 Mvrck

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostEsplodin, on 25 February 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

It wouldn't really be possible for most of the leaderboards. Too many people swapping mechs because theirs were locked in a match, or hell, just to break up the monotony. But, to be a positive force for hope, I ran my games at about a 60-40 split between my Reaper D-DC , and my Shotgun Stalker. Let me tell you, Alpine was...not fun.

#24 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I agree that chassis would be interesting. I pretty much played this cheese build exclusively.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7df847a528834e1

Then this as alternate

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...858747d6a3b14f8

#25 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

View Postciller, on 25 February 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Can I just say I am very impressed by miGu and his points per match. Way to go man, way to go!!!!

Yeah miGu is a good player, played some games with and some against him and it was really fun to have a good light pilot as enemy

#26 Esplodin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostMvrck, on 25 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

It wouldn't really be possible for most of the leaderboards. Too many people swapping mechs because theirs were locked in a match, or hell, just to break up the monotony. But, to be a positive force for hope, I ran my games at about a 60-40 split between my Reaper D-DC , and my Shotgun Stalker. Let me tell you, Alpine was...not fun.

It should be possible for the categories though. I played my spider 5D 85 matches and ranked 244 with a 67% W/L. Jumped into my YLW, Hunchie, and Cataphract for a total of 5 matches only. My epeen demands to know where I stand with other spiders! :) The 3L is the quintessential war-wagon in the light category and almost impossible to compete with for score, but I would like to know where I fit with the others of my arachnid brethren.

#27 Docshifty

• PipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostEsplodin, on 25 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

It should be possible for the categories though. I played my spider 5D 85 matches and ranked 244 with a 67% W/L. Jumped into my YLW, Hunchie, and Cataphract for a total of 5 matches only. My epeen demands to know where I stand with other spiders! :) The 3L is the quintessential war-wagon in the light category and almost impossible to compete with for score, but I would like to know where I fit with the others of my arachnid brethren.

I didn't bother at all in the last 30 hours with my 5D and still managed 124th place when I checked just before it ended. Spider could feasibly put in some work for it, but its so weighted towards the ease of the 3L.

#28 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Interesting to see that i still managed to stay in the top 25. Thought in the end i would get kicked out again. But sad to see who got no. 1 in lights ... From my battle-experience against and with him i would just range him as "upper" average. No interest in doing something for the group like telling movements or give information about some "critical" mechloadouts like splatcats and always some saviour nearby when he got a beating ...

Oh well. Maybe i should have played a bit more selfish and damage more enemies instead of trying to scout and still lose because my team had no interest in reacting to my infos. That would probably have been more helpful in this kind of marathon ... öh tournament.

#29 Desist

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

The only thing I ran with. D-DC. My armor is not the same though. Shameful. I know.

I consider it more of a support mech. It does work though. Think I saw DemonGuard running with an RS with PPCs. ZeroLive was some sortof D-DC PPC sniper. Played with others, but I didn't pay enough attention to their loadouts.

Edited by Desist, 25 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#30 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Can we get a column that multiplies win/loss % by average points per match?

#31 JagdCrab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostTarys, on 25 February 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Interesting to see that i still managed to stay in the top 25. Thought in the end i would get kicked out again. But sad to see who got no. 1 in lights ... From my battle-experience against and with him i would just range him as "upper" average. No interest in doing something for the group like telling movements or give information about some "critical" mechloadouts like splatcats and always some saviour nearby when he got a beating ...

Oh well. Maybe i should have played a bit more selfish and damage more enemies instead of trying to scout and still lose because my team had no interest in reacting to my infos. That would probably have been more helpful in this kind of marathon ... öh tournament.

Well, did you ever tried to type something and scouting a light mech in the same time?
RedDiablo is a pilot of GFI, so i did a lot of drops with him in 8x8 premades, he is really good team player. But still, yeah, you should have be more selfish, it's personal-based tournament, not team-based.

#32 Leetskeet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I don't get it

#33 Talimar1

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I played as a Spider 5D 100% of the tournament. That is why I had so many matches played ;) When going against ravens in the top elo bracket, my points per match were obviously much lower.

Here's the thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...pider-5d-pilot/

Edited by Talimar1, 25 February 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#34 Mr 144

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostDesist, on 25 February 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The only thing I ran with. D-DC. My armor is not the same though. Shameful. I know.

I consider it more of a support mech. It does work though. Think I saw DemonGuard running with an RS with PPCs. ZeroLive was some sortof D-DC PPC sniper. Played with others, but I didn't pay enough attention to their loadouts.

Nice push on Sunday Desist...stole most of my top 10 motivation, lol. Once I started to be steadily overtaken I kinda slowed down to smell the roses and enjoy the last bit of it hoping to be final ranked next to Like A Sir (TS grinding buddy)....Great work and congrats on a good showing!

View PostMvrck, on 25 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Agreed on alpine. I intentionally DC'd (with no combat) only once the whole tourney...and it was on this map. I had the no IFF bug, and wasn't about to waste 15 minutes trudging with no map data or ability to tell friend from foe.

I knew I would never catch you Mvrck...great job staying so far out of reach (from my perspective). I had a better ppg than you, but couldn't maintain your pace...nice work ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I logged my stats for the Tourney...No Premium Time, No Founder's, and no Hero Mech used.

299 games
155/144 W/L
292/105 K/D
(2.78 KDR)
~548 XP Per Match
24,155,334 C-Bills
(~80,787 per match)

I did probablly 75% in my D-DC (2xLL,2xUAC,3xSRM4,std325)
The other 25% in my D to break up the monotony (3xLL,AC/10,2xSRM6)

I don't know how many times I got pissed at the jam rate of my UACs....only to eventually realize I was in my D and didn't have 'em ;)

Mr 144

Edited by Mr 144, 25 February 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#35 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Can we get a column that multiplies win/loss % by average points per match?

sure give me a few, im playing ;)

#36 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostEsplodin, on 25 February 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

If those stats were available I would. Only PGI can do those.

#37 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostmiGu, on 25 February 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Thanks dude. Gongratz to you as well, I thought you were winning med for sure at one point.

You and me both.. :/

View PostRoma Curia, on 25 February 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Thank you LeathalRose I always think it's kind of cool seeing stats broken out like that. Even if I did end up with the dubious distinction of being the guy with the lowest accumulated points. I'll say that I played exactly as much as I needed to and no more...

I know you are good, anyone who played against or with you knows as well. Don't worry about it.

#38 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I used: Hunchback 4SP, Hunchback 4P with 9 medium pulse, and maybe 10 matches with the Treb-3C with LRMs and tag. Slept both nights and worked Friday/Saturday and then Sunday.

Interestingly, my KDR went up quite a bit over the weekend. No idea about my ELO, I know a lot of times I was dropping with a bunch of the other board leaders, and other times it seemed like my team mates were brain damaged.

I was going to try and do 1-5 matches each of light/heavy/assault to see how far I'd jump in the overall, but then figured 15 was a nice even number to keep and so I kept rolling mediums.

#39 Mvrck

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostMr 144, on 25 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I knew I would never catch you Mvrck...great job staying so far out of reach (from my perspective). I had a better ppg than you, but couldn't maintain your pace...nice work :lol:

Yeah, I was watching who was behind me very carefully. At about 4pm Pacific I needed to make the call on whether to stay up til midnight and try to push til midnight and call out sick today. By 5pm, I knew I wasn't catching the top 3, but I felt like I could have been bumped from the top 10, so I played for 2 more hours before I gave up and called it so I could get some sleep. I got lucky in that I found a nice middle ground ahead of the pack, but it sucked because the leaders were just a bit out of reach (had the gap to 2nd at around 45 points at my best point, then they pulled back away around 1pm.)

I was seriously afraid of some of you guys going on a tear while I went to bed and kicking me down to 11th.

#40 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just randomly musing due to this thread but I think it would be nice if the tournament somehow tied into your ELO score, let me explain. Since ELO keeps track how likely you are to win or lose a match what if you could use that to modify the outgoing points you made during a match? Would be cool!

For example, if you were saddled with a really poor team and ELO predicts you have a high chance of losing the match, any points you earn during the match will be multiplied by the ELO modifier. So if you had only a 33% chance of winning you add an extra 77% to the points produced during a match, or what have you.

Just a thought on how to account for differences in team skill and how pure chance can alter your chances of winning, especially when it comes down to just fractions of difference between first and second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users