#41 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostJagdCrab, on 25 February 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Well, did you ever tried to type something and scouting a light mech in the same time?
RedDiablo is a pilot of GFI, so i did a lot of drops with him in 8x8 premades, he is really good team player. But still, yeah, you should have be more selfish, it's personal-based tournament, not team-based.

yes i did. and often enough took some hits during that time. but mostly i scouted movement and returned to where i came so i had a higher chance of not being hit while telling my team what was going on.

sadly often enough they didn´t care and i could already tell whos winning by capping (river city map).

#42 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Can we get a column that multiplies win/loss % by average points per match?

Original Image has been updated to include this column.

#43 n0e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm really sorry to bring this up but I think your calculation of games per hour might be slightly off. It seems you were calculating with a 72 hour tournament.
It started 10 a.m PST on friday and was finished 11:59 p.m. on sunday.
That's only 62 hours not 72h. (Actually the servers were down until 10:20-10:30 a.m. So it's more like 61.5 hours.)

Nevertheless thanks for your effort, it's nice to see some more statistics.

#44 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postn0e, on 25 February 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

I'm really sorry to bring this up but I think your calculation of games per hour might be slightly off. It seems you were calculating with a 72 hour tournament.
It started 10 a.m PST on friday and was finished 11:59 p.m. on sunday.
That's only 62 hours not 72h. (Actually the servers were down until 10:20-10:30 a.m. So it's more like 61.5 hours.)

Nevertheless thanks for your effort, it's nice to see some more statistics.

You are correct. I decided to use 72 hours because it is easier to put into perspective than 62.

#45 Noober

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Hey, congrats all, Could I get a link to the spreadsheet? (dropbox /google docs etc) I'd be interested in playing around with it.

Had a lot of fun playing you guys.

My mech build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fa77403aa134a45

#46 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostNoober, on 26 February 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Hey, congrats all, Could I get a link to the spreadsheet? (dropbox /google docs etc) I'd be interested in playing around with it.

Had a lot of fun playing you guys.

My mech build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fa77403aa134a45

Boom

https://docs.google....d=0&output=html

#47 Noober

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi,

Here's what I've done with the data:

https://dl.dropbox.c...ero%20Stats.xls

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this is the class comparison:

Although not a robust enough data set, you could infer from the data:

Lights and assaults gain more points

Assault pilots played more games

Lights gain more points per game

Lights may be more influential in the winning of a game, followed by assaults

Games / hour correlate with weight class

#48 Desist

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostNoober, on 26 February 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

Hi,

Here's what I've done with the data:

https://dl.dropbox.c...ero%20Stats.xls

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this is the class comparison:

Although not a robust enough data set, you could infer from the data:

Lights and assaults gain more points

Assault pilots played more games

Lights gain more points per game

Lights may be more influential in the winning of a game, followed by assaults

Games / hour correlate with weight class

That's pretty true, especially considering the game modes.

In Conquest a light will beat an assault by running around capping points. In Assault, it's usually the same thing. An assault is too slow to cap or defend a cap. I've lost many games as an assault being the last man standing against a light. Mainly because they know I can kill them and avoid me. And many of them count on you not wanting to wait 8 minutes for a tie or even worse a loss. So yeah, if I'm last man standing vs a light and he isn't dumb enough to get near me, I just walk off the map.

Lights also are more likely to get spotting bonuses.

Edited by Desist, 26 February 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#49 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

They need a new gamemode where Assaults have an advantage. Like an attacker/defender gamemode.

#50 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostDesist, on 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

That's pretty true, especially considering the game modes.

In Conquest a light will beat an assault by running around capping points. In Assault, it's usually the same thing. An assault is too slow to cap or defend a cap. I've lost many games as an assault being the last man standing against a light. Mainly because they know I can kill them and avoid me. And many of them count on you not wanting to wait 8 minutes for a tie or even worse a loss. So yeah, if I'm last man standing vs a light and he isn't dumb enough to get near me, I just walk off the map.

Lights also are more likely to get spotting bonuses.

Bah, I walk to their base or mine, whichever is closer. I Never chase the last light no matter what I'm in. They'll either come to me and fight the battle on my terms or they won't. No reason to give up anything for free though.

#51 Grizley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Nobody really cares about the personal scores, they are pretty much irrelevant.

What this did is feed PGI a crapload of data about potential balance issues and how to score competitive tournaments.

The data I'm curious about isn't available to us. What light mechs dropped most often? What assaults? What was the average k/dr, damage done, lifespan etc across the mechs and variants? What influence did hot/cold maps have on the relative effectiveness of weapon types? What weapons were most popular? What was the average length of engagement?

That sort of stuff is what you balance a game around, not who spamdropped the most or who played the most games or even who had the highest kdr, damage a match or whatever. One data point is statistically irrelevant.

#52 Cpt Leprechaun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

best place was 18th for me when i was at 49W/19L (lights) gave up after I realized it had nothing to do with skill just games played ... guy above me (17th) had 53W/46L.... yeah your above me in what fudged up universe again? gratz to winners but winning doesnt show that you are good in any respect. the ONLY pilot that I ran with (that I actually remember) and was actually legitimately good was miGu, but still not any better than myself or many other players I have ran into.His place being above mine, or anyone else for that matter, in no way reflects his true skill, and that goes for everyone that placed. really wish PGI would have put some more thought into this "tournament."

Edited by Cpt Leprechaun, 26 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users