Be A Hero Challenge Winners And Statistics

101 replies to this topic

#61 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ha. Managed to hold on to spot #25 on the Assault boards -- after I got bored and quit halfway through.

(And when I quit, I actually stopped playing until after the tourney ended. Unlike some people. Broceratops. Looking at you.)

#62 King Curt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

This was great fun! I know I fell to Brocerotops more than once :rolleyes:

#63 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

8026 members??? I'm laughing so much right now PGI...

#64 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostPsychobunny, on 26 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

your wrong about "this wont help everyone", maby not for the devs but if they would show those stats, for everyone, than it would help everyone interested anyways, i would love to see how i did for messure, i was 299th or something when i loged off, but that dosent realy counf for **** in my book since it was based on how many games i played.. not that i played all weekend 100 %.. kinda missd the fact there was a torney..

Yea I am sure there are people who would like and benefit from seeing thier stats, I was just trying not to make a blanket statement about everyone wanting to see them as I am sure there are some who either don't want or care to see them or know that they wouldn't be a true representation of their skill due to certain factors. In any event yes I do think seeing these would be very helpful to me and very interesting

#65 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is it true that everyone on the leaderboard are talentless hacks, and only got to their positions by mind numbing gaming, or are their scores reflective of actual skill?

I'd love to see some data that disproves all of the forums posters telling me that I still need to learn to play this game, since I only finished in the top 10 of a class I don't usually play.

Edited by DocBach, 26 February 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#66 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Big Congradulations to the winners! And congrats to everyone who made leaderboard, that alone is an achievement. met a lot of decent folks who also happen to be good players...had a blast on sunday running with everyone soooo loopy...good times :rolleyes:

Mr 144

#67 pulsarius

Rookie

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 26 February 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Thank You to everyone who participated in our first ever MechWarrior Online player challenge!

We saw some excellent BattleMech combat through the course of the weekend, with over 100,000 players joining the 8,026 challenge participants in some epic battles.

We are happy to announce the official winners:

Posted Image

Players will receive a cockpit banner on March 5th during downtime.

We've collected lots data, heard your feedback and we look forward to March and new player challenges! Until then, enjoy some really cool challenge statistics!

Posted Image

thx PGI for a awesome weekend guys , had a blast looking forward to the next1 :rolleyes: i achieved my goal for that weekend got into the top 100 , 56 in assault :angry: <3 overall lol dont ask k its 5,088 :( keep up the good work guys

#68 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I want to know the mechs each pilot was using. I am willing to bet that ECM and well-known problem chassis (3L) major players in their success.

#69 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostNitroDev, on 26 February 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

How can there be 151k more kills than deaths?

Some of these stats are giving me a WTF factor of 9.97

People who did not participate were included in the matches of course.

#70 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 26 February 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

I want to know the mechs each pilot was using. I am willing to bet that ECM and well-known problem chassis (3L) major players in their success.

Which is the reason I didn't favor mine. I'm guessing I may have dropped my Raven 3-L maybe 40 times, while dropping 363 in my Jenner. Hero Challenge it was called. Raven was expected to win, to have a Jenner place, to me, was more of a Hero Challenge.

#71 Sindarian

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Fun games, good times!

#72 DrAmnesia

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I had a lot of fun with this tourney. Especially Chasing the 6 other cRedditors on the overall board (Curse you MadnessX, Mitnek, GMan129, SirLagsalot, Subterfuge3927 and SixStringSamuraii!).
I know it is not an accurate representation of skill, but I did notice that my matches became much closer to my skill level and I had a hell of a time holding 48th overall. So I am no Broceratops, but I did get a vague feeling for my skill level in relation to him and other players I saw dozens of times over the weekend.

I also found that some of the "leaders" were not very nice to play with. Others (Broceratops I am looking at you) were good-natured and helpful to the pug teams the were on, even though they were playing "beat the clock".

I also learned some interesting facts about my own game.
I was stuck around 420 in heavies, but broke 100 for a time in lights (ended around 168th I think). I NEVER run lights. In fact I have been asked not to a few times by our Light Lances.
I did this almost solely in a Commando 2D. Yeah.... A commando... I ran it as a joke, pretty much the same reason I started the tourney, until I started kickin' a bit of Mech tuchas.

My 4 mechs were:
Assault: D-DC Brawler - ERPPC,SRM 4s and AC20
Heavies: A.D.D. caught up with me here... Gauss-a-phract (Illya), Phract 2x "MidgetAtlas" AC20,2SRM 6s, CPLT-S1 "Boom Cat" 6SRM6s and some odds and ends...
Medium: CN9-A - 2ML 2SRM6
Light: Commando 2D - 3 SSRMs, 1ML

Dr Amnesia
cReddit Mercenary Corps
Expendables CC and Rx Pain LC

#73 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

So fewer than 8% of players that played this weekend opted in?

What a roaring success.

#74 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Not really the mech nor the ecm, its the blasted Streaks.

#75 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostLost One, on 26 February 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Not really the mech nor the ecm, its the blasted Streaks.

No, it's the ECM. Before ECM jenners could use streaks but a good raven pilot could use them too. ECM gives the 3l the dominance to be the only light to use streaks against other lights.

#76 Husker2012

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

hi husker2012 here any perks for people who fought their hearts out for leaderboard spots? i wont be mad if there are, i wont be mad if there arent. but i would not mind having a lil something to show off, or even a little bit of MC to buy a fancy color. i had awesome fun this weekend. thanks guys. i piloted a 3L i hate that it gets such a bad rap. its a fun mech.

#77 Flossme

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Reports are coming in that there is a serious shortage of mountain dew and pizza pockets for the next few weeks in the world... and depends undergarments of all things :S

#78 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

I stayed away from the Cheez builds for this tourney, and since it was the 50/50 weekend as well I went with my three founders and one hero mech. I ran my founders Jenner by far the most, founders Hunchie the least, and split the heavy and assault roles between my founders Atlas and my Muromets. I was never higher than the mid 400's in Medium, Heavy, and Assault, was just under 200 with my Jenner, but actually cracked the top 100 overall before real life intervened....lol. Fun time, hope they refine the match points system though. They dont give lights the props they deserve IMO. Way to often i would get into the 5-600 damage range....with a LIGHT, and still get crappy scores. I dunno, just think it needs some tweaking. Oh well, here is looking forward to their next tournament!! :)

#79 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

I prefered to play with premade friend than solo grindfest which is what this turned out to be so didn't even bother to sign up, but still it's a start and hopefully PGI can take lessons from it and plan out more/better events in future...

The stats don't look terribly interesting/impressive in terms of kills/deaths wins/losses. What would be more interesting would be to see individual stats for each of the players in the top 10.

Edited by DogmeatX, 27 February 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#80 danust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Congrats to the winners. I watched some amazing play to inspire me.

Thanks PGI for the bonus earnings too.

Edited by Leedair, 27 February 2013 - 02:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users